forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

Deleted user

youtube needs to stop giving me military ads they make me sad that I haven't graduated and can't enlist yet

Deleted user

youtube needs to stop giving me military ads they make me sad that I haven't graduated and can't enlist yet

Youtube needs to stop giving ads in general

Deleted user

nah then no one big would upload anymore

True.

@berlioz

I don't know what's wrong with the algorithm, but the ads they give me couldn't be any less relevant to my interests.
I get disturbing ads for lingerie, dating apps for lesbian and bisexual women, and mens underwear. I've also had ads in an arabic script I can't read.

Deleted user

I don't know what's wrong with the algorithm, but the ads they give me couldn't be any less relevant to my interests.
I get disturbing ads for lingerie, dating apps for lesbian and bisexual women, and mens underwear. I've also had ads in an arabic script I can't read.

The hell???

Deleted user

I get… Old Spice ads. That's all I can remember tbh.

old spice is kinda the shit though

@berlioz

The hell???

Part of me is proud for confusing the internet, the other part is sick of seeing nasty lingerie vids I can't skip for 10 seconds

Deleted user

Remember the basketball that was a fruit?

@Pickles group

Have you never walked down a high school hallway?

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

my ads are usually all over the place cause i tend to use incognito as a google dark mode and so whenever it's able to find one thing to give me advertisements on it's always me googling basic words to make sure i'm using them correctly or something stupid like that

Deleted user

Have you never walked down a high school hallway?

lmao I mean normal amounts smell good

Deleted user

anyway I'm starting to get a little bit concerned about my mom
recently she's been really unhappy with her weight and every time she sees herself in a mirror she says "ugh I'm fat" and holds her stomach
she hasn't been eating as much and is going to wayyy more workout classes, which wouldn't be that bad but I just walked into her room to see what time she gets home from work today and she has her daily weights written on her mirror in dry erase marker
she lost exactly one pound between yesterday and the day before, which I think is okay, but I don't want her to get obsessed with losing weight. and right on her mirror?? every time she sees herself she's going to see her weight and feel disappointed

Deleted user

I think being concerned should happen when she stops eating completely.

She’s just taking steps towards a healthier lifestyle, and eating smaller portions, though not skipping meals, is a good way to start that. Especially with long stretches of cardio every day with weightworks between can be really beneficial.

I wouldn’t be concerned. Be happy and supportive and maybe try to do it with her.

Deleted user

okay, thanks emi <3

also I got two post cards from reed :D

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

my ads are usually all over the place cause i tend to use incognito as a google dark mode and so whenever it's able to find one thing to give me advertisements on it's always me googling basic words to make sure i'm using them correctly or something stupid like that

Lol I've used Incognito Mode so few times I'm pretty sure I have "How do you use incognito mode" on my search history. Because I still can't remember how to use it.

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

it's like a regular tab you just have to click the sideways … thing to open one
oh and it doesn't let you reopen your tabs once you close them which sucks cause i had some really great color palettes open but accidentally closed the window

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Yeah I still don't know. I'll look it up in a year or two when I find something weird enough that I don't want my parents to see. Oh yeah. Maybe I should do that when looking up Pinterest people. I found out that one of my pics was of a Chinese Victoria Secret model? Uncomfy. 1/10. Like, you can find all these people's measurements and that doesn't feel good.
Also. Why color palettes in Incognito?

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

it's just become a habit when i'm hiding in the dark to use those tabs, since, well, they're dark
doesn't blind my eyes as much
i have two windows up right now and not a single tab on either of them is something i'd be ashamed of in my search history, like it's just mmd tutorials and stock photos of chalkboards

@RedTheLoveless

I'm happy to finally take a Creative Writing course, however, it's beginning to look like all of my classmates are Adult-Adults and I'm very intimidated.
It's the ultimate drawback of community college; most everyone is older than you