forum Introduce yourself!
Started by @andrew health_and_safety flash_onAdmin
tune

people_alt 597 followers

@John-Mulaney-Killed-Princess-Diana group

Hey, I’m Jackie (online alias. Jackie is one of my oc’s.), chaotic pansexual and sci-fi writer (she/her). I also write crime fiction and- you guessed it!- love Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot. My favorite book is the Seven and a Half Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle. I skateboard and write and play guitar and have a massive crush on Gal Gadot. That basically sums me up.

Deleted user

Hi! My name is Miasma of Mars, but call me Miasma for short lol. I'm a big fan of Bo Burnham's "Inside" and a lot of other things. I might post pictures of my snake on here, and I will definitely be posting about my fandoms and checking out the roleplay forums. I use they/them pronouns, so please be respectful. Anyways, this seems like a very friendly website, and I can't wait to meet people and make friends besides my snake lol.

Moon

Hi Im Moon. I don't have a lot going on, Im just trying to use this place as a distraction from real life.

@Tidermelon group

Hi Im Moon. I don't have a lot going on, Im just trying to use this place as a distraction from real life.

Whatever’s going on, I hope that you can handle it all right. We’re all here to support you if you need us, Moon.

Moon

Whatever’s going on, I hope that you can handle it all right. We’re all here to support you if you need us, Moon.

Thanks

@MelouSiba

Hello, my name is MelouSiba (as seen in my username!) You can also just call me Siba, or any nickname might work as well :)
I’m an avid explorer of the world and do a lot of traveling. In fact, I have been to a few places. Some of which are:

• India
  • Indonesia
  • South Korea
  • Antarctica (You read that right! As a tourist, not as a scientist, lol. As interested as I am in science, I’m definitely not a scientist.)

And I’ve still got more on my bucket list!
I like to think of myself as a somewhat interesting person, and look at things from a positive perspective. I believe I am what is described as an optimist ^_^ And all that, I’m actually more of an introvert in person. I’m kind of like an introvert who wants to be super outgoing, but with the way my mind works, it’s weird!
In advance, sorry for any grammatical errors, or weird spellings. English is not my first language!
Some more facts about me:

• I use a hand prosthetic for my right hand! I’m very thankful for medical advancements in the past few years, and although expensive they have allowed me to live life as equally as any other average person :)
  • I have seen Emperor Penguins up close before! They were one of the highlights of that specific trip.
  • I don’t handle being on boats very well (x_x) It’s something that I’ve had to brave multiple times. Whatever transportation works best at the time, even if getting seasick is one of the side effects for one of the options…

I have a primary focus in nonfiction writing, but as of the past two years I have begun to work on some fiction too! (^▽^) Most of the topics I write about have to do with my life experiences.
Also, I’m not sure how it works on this site, but if you PM me on here, please provide something other than “Hi!” I like to talk, but I’m not very good at carrying out conversations if I have nothing to work off of (⌒_⌒;)
As for pronouns, I go by he/him or they/them (I’ve recently begun questioning some aspects of myself, but as I figure things out, this might change.)
I hope to get to know other people on here!

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Looks like you have some cool life experience. My name’s Dom. I was the dad of the site for a while, but now I go to work—it’s 4:42 where I am rn and I’m waiting for my toast to heat up bc it’s cold rn. I write fiction, though sometimes sprinkled with nonfiction. My main medium is fantasy, bc even though I’m 21 I never really wanted to leave Faerie behind.

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

Hey! I’m Ash, I use they/them pronouns and I wish I had as much life experience as you lmao, my hobbies include being confused about every aspect of myself, writing in my head but never putting it onto paper, drawing, planning elaborate animations when in reality I can’t animate, and working on the occasional song and sonnet. My current interests are steampunk ballads, a podcast called Wolf 359, One Piece, and the Dream SMP!

Deleted user

hey i'm marshall, my pronouns are he/it. my hobbies are making patches, writing bad poetry that i refuse to look at ever again, and daydreaming. currently i'm obsessed with green day and bring me the horizon. good on y'all for knowing how to introduce yourselves.

@Serpentess health_and_safety language

Greetings all. I am aspiring to be an author and discovered this website a few days ago. I have a ton of books-in-progress and story-related notes, but have yet to actually finish something (a greatly frustration situation).

I have recently discovered the word count in the documents section. I am so excited about that I can’t put it into proper words! I have been looking for a word count for a year, at least! You know how difficult it is to count words manually, think three hours of monotony for 1,000-2,000 words, and each of my chapters are that length.

But, anyway, I am happy I found this website. In just a few days I have discovered not only the word count but more details on the tiny portion of my multiverse I have put in here. That, and a way to get critiqued by fellow writers.

(Evil grin, rubbing hands together) Let the games begin.

@poetry_girl

Hi everyone, I guess. I'm a writer, and recently I've been trying to write my first novel, and this is when i discovered this website, and so far I think it's great.
As I before, it's my first time writing a book, but I mainly write poetry and short stories, as they are much easier to write than a full-blown book, if you know what I mean. So far, writing my first book has been difficult, but I am only really scratching the surface because I'm just planning out all my characters, plots, the little details, etc for my book before I actually start writing it. Of course, all this planning might make the actual writing a bit easier but it will still be quite a journey.
Anyway, as I said, so far I'm enjoying this website and what it's got to offer. It's been fun planning out the details of my book on this site. I do look forward to what's to come.

@poetry_girl

Hi everyone, I guess. I'm a writer, and recently I've been trying to write my first novel, and this is when i discovered this website, and so far I think it's great.
As I before, it's my first time writing a book, but I mainly write poetry and short stories, as they are much easier to write than a full-blown book, if you know what I mean. So far, writing my first book has been difficult, but I am only really scratching the surface because I'm just planning out all my characters, plots, the little details, etc for my book before I actually start writing it. Of course, all this planning might make the actual writing a bit easier but it will still be quite a journey.
Anyway, as I said, so far I'm enjoying this website and what it's got to offer. It's been fun planning out the details of my book on this site. I do look forward to what's to come.

@Fenris-Wolf group

Aha! I've been looking for a discussion to properly introduce myself on!

Hello there! I'm Fenris (she/they), and I'm an avid writer, like the majority on this website I assume. I'm still getting the hang of this website, so if I do anything wrong just let me know! I'm more than willing to correct myself. (Also if anyone knows how to fix the Error 500 that pops up everytime I try to change my profile picture that would be wonderful.)

I mostly like to write more dystopian/apocalyptic type stories, but will occasionally write a fantasy. I still have yet to just stick with one story and finish it, which has lead me to having 5 projects started and none of them having a solid plotline. Although instead of fixing that problem, I will ignore it and go and develop another character who doesn't even have a story yet.

My hobbies include reading until I die, writing, hibernating, drinking far too much caffeine, binging anime, throwing knives, swimming, collecting shells and leaves, and playing so much Skyrim I might as well live in the game.

It's an honor to be here. :)

@Tidermelon group

(Also if anyone knows how to fix the Error 500 that pops up everytime I try to change my profile picture that would be wonderful.)

Welcome to Notebook.ai, Fenris! You might want to make a post on the Help forums for that. The owner of the site, andrew (Our Supreme Lord and Overseer), is really nice and can fix simple issues like yours super quickly.

@spacebluelily language

(Also if anyone knows how to fix the Error 500 that pops up everytime I try to change my profile picture that would be wonderful.)

Welcome, Fenris! I hope you'll enjoy your stay here in Notebook :)
As of now, there is no current fix for this little problem, but the owner, andrew (Our Supreme Lord and Overseer) is looking into a solution for it!

Deleted user

Yeah I have that exact same problem after I changed mine the first time, im glad to know its not my computer. Also welcome to Notebook.ai!

@lissieauthor group

Hi! My name is Lissie, author and fellow crazed writer.
I made an account a couple months ago, but decided to finally participate, if ya know what I mean.
I am working on a couple different WIPs, but my Primary two, a sequel and a fantasy sort of book.
My favorite book ATM is Light Of The Jedi by Charles Soule. Next would be Lore by Chuck Black

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Wazzup yo. Dom. Official site Dad. I now go to work so I’m not on as much but yeah I’ll try to help you out if you need it. For y’all wondering about me I’m the site worldbuilder extraordinaire. Classic lit is lit yo.

@INKYBIRDY

Hello I'm new here! My name is Des, I'm 24 and have been writing little stories for fun here and there for a few years now. I'm currently working on a horror adventure webcomic!

I heard about this website couple years ago but didn't have a problem keeping my notes in order at the time… you can guess what happened lol! I didn't realize there was a bit of a writing community here as well, so that's a pleasant surprise!

Fun fact: I named one of my main characters Corona in 2016. After 2020 she desperately needed a new name :)))