forum Introduce yourself!
Started by @andrew health_and_safety flash_onAdmin
tune

people_alt 597 followers

@CaseyJ group

Hello everyone! I just made an account and thought it would be fitting to get an introduction sooner than later.

As you can see my username, you can know me as ArcKane, but a separation of the two is fine, meaning I’m fine with just being known as Arc or Kane.
I’m 22 years old, and I go by he/they. I am employed, I have been a member of the Ukrainian Armed Forces since 2018, meaning I have already completed what is mandatory but decided to stay because I didn’t have any other idea for employment. Also taking this time to say that English is not my first language!

I enjoy writing. I’m currently working on a story about two siblings in a steampunk setting, with Slavic cultural inspiration. It’s a story somewhat personal to me, and it is more of a project I do on the side, as I have a high stress real life. So it’s kind of something I do to relax. I also have interests in claymation!

HI! you sound like a very interesting character. Nice to meet you.

@CaseyJ group

Hello everyone! I just made an account and thought it would be fitting to get an introduction sooner than later.

As you can see my username, you can know me as ArcKane, but a separation of the two is fine, meaning I’m fine with just being known as Arc or Kane.
I’m 22 years old, and I go by he/they. I am employed, I have been a member of the Ukrainian Armed Forces since 2018, meaning I have already completed what is mandatory but decided to stay because I didn’t have any other idea for employment. Also taking this time to say that English is not my first language!

I enjoy writing. I’m currently working on a story about two siblings in a steampunk setting, with Slavic cultural inspiration. It’s a story somewhat personal to me, and it is more of a project I do on the side, as I have a high stress real life. So it’s kind of something I do to relax. I also have interests in claymation!

HI! you sound like a very interesting character. Nice to meet you.

@RehanJamali router

i'm a cami (i did that for the sole fact that it's a palindrome). i found this site on tumblr (follow me?? http://kaxzbrekker.tumblr.com/) and it looked to be one of the most convenient ways to keep track of all my stories and characters (i'm writing the third novel in a trilogy and i keep forgetting things that happened in the other two). i've been writing as long as i can remember, but a few years ago i decided my new year's resolution would be to write every day (up till then it was whenever the inspiration struck) and since then i've managed to write two novels in less than two years and the third is finally getting somewhere! i wrote them by hand in many many notebooks so now i have to type them up and edit them and then…go live on an island in ireland with a bunch of sheep and cats and a wife where i can just write all day.

Hello

@m1dn1g7t_ri0ts_13

Hello there. For those who must’ve known me, it’s been awhile. I stumbled across this website today. It was foreign to me. I did some exploring and found myself, posting, creating, and making friends. To be truthful, I have memory loss… and I have no clue what this is. I just know that I was a part of it. I don’t remember anything from my childhood. Maybe this website will help?

@Retr0inactive public

I've been here for a while but I didn't realize there were introductions

Anyway

Hi! I'm Lacrimoza or Egg or Coco. Whichever you prefer but I usually go by Lacrimoza!
I go by she/her but I don't mind they/them either and I do art both digital and traditional and I write, although I'm better at storytelling rather than actual writing.
I'm currently working on a fantasy story written as a love letter to RPGs as well as symbolizing the turmoils of war and showing different forms of affection whether it is romantic, platonic or familial. This world takes inspiration from many cultures (depending on the regions) but it also takes a lot of aesthetics and technology from the 1910s to 1920s. This story will end up being a web comic and I will post it on websites like Tapas.io or Webtoons and my website!

Also, follow me on my social media :D
https://linktr.ee/Lacrimoza

@Bunty group

Hello I'm Twoex! I made my account a while ago for roleplaying on this site, but I've only now started becoming more active on it. I'm looking forward to interacting with more people as I spend time on the site!

@itsjamig

Howdy, I'm James. Friends call me Jamie!! I go by he/him pronouns. I'm not new to Notebook, necessarily. I joined a while back and was super active for a time, but I fell out of it. I decided to make a new account, partially because I've changed quite a bit and partially because I don't remember my old password. So hello!!

@Dayzed forum

hihi welcome, im atlas and I’m also not very new but this is a fairly newer account.
I call myself new for the heck of it since almost no one knows me on here anymore, but yes, welcome, you seem very cool my friend :))

@Dayzed forum

it's nice to meet you too !
that's how i felt when i started roleplaying again as well, it's very fun ! hope you enjoy your stay <3

@coalfaceofmeaning group

Hey all, I'm Jimmy. I just recently quit my job as a postal carrier, and am in the process of selling my stuff and moving to a rent-free house in Arizona that my family owns, where I can afford to live in reasonable comfort for about 18 months from what I've saved over the past couple years.

My goals for that 18 months are:
to brush up on my coding skills and find gig work online,
to monetize my art,
to work on some story ideas that I've had going in my head for a few years now, but that I've only done a little so far to develop. One is a story concept for a comic book or graphic novel series, sort of a noir superhero recasting of myself and some of my friends, and the other is a concept for a novel about an ai. I know, those aren't much in the way of description.

I really want to talk about my ideas, and share my creative process with others, but I also have concerns about protecting intellectual property. How do writer's communities work in the 21st Century? It just seems so easy for content to be stolen, and pretty much impossible to have any recourse. I've been on artist groups on Facebook for years now, but haven't posted any of my own stuff for a long time, because I often see users posting stolen material and calling it theirs, and also see artists with very large followings, chasing illegal copies of their work all over the internet. It seems like it must be a nightmare. I imagine it must be even easier for story concepts to be stolen, as with only a little modification they can be more or less completely laundered. Since my imagination often wanders into the tech and cybersecurity fields, I can't help but imagine the major streaming services having their own blackhat teams attacking sites like this, skimming the IP of amateur creators for their next "original series" concept.

I guess my first question to the group is: how do you protect your IP and still participate in creative groups?

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Honestly, we don't. There was a level of community. We trusted each other. (I am part of–I believe–the third generation of main users. The popular clique, if you will.) If people felt uncomfortable posting things, they didn't. People can steal your ideas, but an idea is very insubstantial. I could take your summary and spin a completely different story out of it.
I've posted much of my world and story here but I sincerely doubt anyone can do a good job of stealing it.

@coalfaceofmeaning group

Thanks for your words. Perhaps as my concepts becomes more developed and detailed, I'll develop more confidence in their ability to resist plagiarism. As they are at the moment, they're just partially-developed but interesting-to-me ideas :)

Honestly, we don't. There was a level of community. We trusted each other. (I am part of–I believe–the third generation of main users. The popular clique, if you will.) If people felt uncomfortable posting things, they didn't. People can steal your ideas, but an idea is very insubstantial. I could take your summary and spin a completely different story out of it.
I've posted much of my world and story here but I sincerely doubt anyone can do a good job of stealing it.

@sardonicism

what's up everyone, i'm back.
i've gone by many names, most notably wren in late 2018-2019 and my last username here was radio-store-cowboy. my name is now syd, my pronouns are he/she. i'm only back because i wanted to check up on the site tbh

@EtherealDreamer

Hi!
I'm Kelsey and I go by she/her pronouns! Some of you might (or might not) know me as the previous user of MereHufflepuff.

I've been on Notebook for over a year and I use the sight to roleplay and write my stories that my brain comes up with in the middle of math class and stuff.

@ZAVEN local_movies

さあ。オレはザヴェンです。よろしく。英語を話しますが、したくない。わりい。漫画を書きたいでもムズいです。ええと。。。よんでくれてありがとう。

@CaseyJ group

あのう。。日本語をはなしませんか。きっとCaseyは英語をはなします。。。か。

I am using google translate : )