forum ✨dRaMaTiC✨ Insults, Power of the Chancla, Large Fonts, Duolingo Threats, Chicky Babies, and Cheesecake: The Saga of the Chicken (This chat is discontinued, move onto part 2 of this please.)
Started by @IamNOTachickenok
tune

people_alt 106 followers

Deleted user

I refuse to read the all the new pages.

hi

ahh hi Ame!
(real quick remind me what team you’re on?)

( I’m on team chancla)

Deleted user

ALSO there are 36 inches in a yard! And a ruler normally has 12 inches which equal one foot. So 12 x 3 = 36 which makes a yard :D

Oh I did not know that!
Canada's weird.
We measure length and most everything else metrically but our height in feet. We weigh food in kilograms and people in pounds. And we speak like Americans, spell like Brits, and throw random French (or Franglais, as it's known in some parts, which is a mixture of both languages: 'merci beaucoup' becomes 'mercy bucket' and stuff like that along with actual french) words whenever we feel like it

@just_gabs_needs_coffee group

hi

ahh hi Ame!
(real quick remind me what team you’re on?)

( I’m on team chancla)

Ah yes
Pandora and I have forged in alliance between empires chancla and cheesecake

Deleted user

hi

AME HIIIIII

PANDORA HIIIIII

I MISSED YOUUUUUU SOO MUUUUCH

I MISSED YOU TOOOOOOO

@spacebluelily language

actually y'all wanna know why America uses the imperial system? it's surprising simple.

sure!

The biggest reasons the U.S. hasn’t adopted the metric system are simply time and money. When the Industrial Revolution began in the country, expensive manufacturing plants became a main source of American jobs and consumer products. Because the Imperial System (IS) of measurements was in place at this time, the machinery used in these factories was developed to size in IS units; all of the workers were trained to deal with IS units; and many products were made to feature IS units. Whenever the discussion of switching unit systems arose in Congress, the passage of a bill favoring the metric system was thwarted by big businesses and American citizens who didn’t want to go through the time-consuming and expensive hassle of changing the country’s entire infrastructure.

(this is taken from this article https://www.britannica.com/story/why-doesnt-the-us-use-the-metric-system)

Deleted user

Oh cheesecake and chancla formed an alliance? Cool

@-LemonTail- language

actually y'all wanna know why America uses the imperial system? it's surprising simple.

sure!

The biggest reasons the U.S. hasn’t adopted the metric system are simply time and money. When the Industrial Revolution began in the country, expensive manufacturing plants became a main source of American jobs and consumer products. Because the Imperial System (IS) of measurements was in place at this time, the machinery used in these factories was developed to size in IS units; all of the workers were trained to deal with IS units; and many products were made to feature IS units. Whenever the discussion of switching unit systems arose in Congress, the passage of a bill favoring the metric system was thwarted by big businesses and American citizens who didn’t want to go through the time-consuming and expensive hassle of changing the country’s entire infrastructure.

(this is taken from this article https://www.britannica.com/story/why-doesnt-the-us-use-the-metric-system)

Huh. Interesting

Deleted user

sure!

whoa cool