forum Don't Be Suspicious
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 113 followers

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

You kinda just assumed I'm not a minority, which I've noticed tends to be looked upon as homophobic.

I want to make it clear really quick that being a part of the community doesn't make you a 'minority'.
'Minority' has to do with race.

Okay, sorry, I didn't know. I'll remember that next time.

Deleted user

i thought a minority was someone who wasn’t white/cis/straight/male?

Deleted user

No. No no no. A minority is someone who's race isn't predominate in their country.

Deleted user

For example. I am considered a minority because I'm Cuban. I'm also a minority because I'm Costa Rican. These are not predominate races of the United States.

Deleted user

I'm just curious what would happen if you were to figure out that you liked women Ella. Would you hate yourself and try to 'pray the gay away'?

Deleted user

(I'm only using you an example because Dom knows 100% that he's straight.)

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

I've thought about that possibility multiple times, and I was going to give this long, dramatic speech about all the possible inner conflict or what decisions I'd make but if we're going to be realistic here, I'd probably just become a nun and move on with my life.

Deleted user

Well ya never know. All you know for sure is that I have a thing for girls. I could be bi.

Pffft you would have told me by now.

@HighPockets group

Well ya never know. All you know for sure is that I have a thing for girls. I could be bi.

I mean, you'd said multiple times that you're '100% straight'

Deleted user

But can you guess what I would do Eris, based off our previous conversations?

I honestly don't know….

Deleted user

I've thought about that possibility multiple times, and I was going to give this long, dramatic speech about all the possible inner conflict or what decisions I'd make but if we're going to be realistic here, I'd probably just become a nun and move on with my life.

but….nuns are women and are surrounded by women…..so how would that help if youre a lesbian?

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

I mean, you'd said multiple times that you're '100% straight'

Maybe I'm just repressed because of my strict religious beliefs.

Deleted user

It doesn't…it doesn't work like that.
At all. You think we haven't tried to do that? Those of us from super religious families that would shun us for being 'abominations'? I still haven't come out entirely to my own family because I'm afraid that they'd take my cousins/ nieces and nephews away from me. You can't just make something about yourself, your very heart, go away just by ignoring it. A gay man cannot be taught or forced to love a woman as he would a man and vise versa. It doesn't work like that.

Deleted user

Well on the one hand they must be celibate.
On the other I laughed at that.

priests should be celibate too, but we all know how that works out. T_T

@HighPockets group

It doesn't…it doesn't work like that.
At all. You think we haven't tried to do that? Those of us from super religious families that would shun us for being 'abominations'? I still haven't come out entirely to my own family because I'm afraid that they'd take my cousins/ nieces and nephews away from me. You can't just make something about yourself, your very heart, go away just by ignoring it. A gay man cannot be taught or forced to love a woman as he would a man and vise versa. It doesn't work like that.

Exactly.