forum Debate. Debate. Debate.
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 109 followers

@berlioz

Ewen, I respect your respect for me (lol), but if you're stating unpopular opinions just to be an edgelord and not because you have actually done research and know that you that know you that you're right, then you don't value truth. And truth, I think, should be the spirit of debate.
I'm not like targeting you, Ewen, that goes for everyone.
And yes, the COVID stuff is being handled poorly in my opinion too, and the situation might be kinda sus. But it is what it is. Masks work. There's more risk in not wearing a mask than there is in wearing one even if they don't work. So if you can, just wear it.

Deleted user

That number 4 straight up made me put down my martini

That's so on brand for you

bows

@HighPockets group

Lol I'd already blocked Ewen for their shitty COVID takes, it's nice to see some people with sense striking back.
If you value your own comfort over the lives of others (which you are doing by refusing to wear a mask: endangering the lives of others), I have no respect for you. Plain and simple. There are countless contactless setups and systems that can be used in place of physical shopping, not to mention online shopping, and choosing to go out without a mask is the most asinine option available.

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

Imagine: A large mansion in the middle of a forest. It's raining heavily, with the occasional flash of lightning. Inside the mansion, in the building's large parlor, sits Eris. Sipping a martini and browsing Notebook.

@HighPockets group

Imagine: A large mansion in the middle of a forest. It's raining heavily, with the occasional flash of lightning. Inside the mansion, in the building's large parlor, sits Eris. Sipping a martini and browsing Notebook.

"Imagine"? Pfft. You cannot convince me that that is not reality.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

1. That’s a wonderful image, Ash.

2. Jyn. Bruh. The dude Ewen doesn’t think masks work. So why get hella pissed at a dude not wearing a mask if he doesn’t think it works. At worst “a fool but an honest fool he remains” though granted maybe spreading disease. But that’s not the point if we’re judging his character. Also he says he wears them.

@HighPockets group

Because the actual fucking evidence says it works, Dominic. He can ignore the facts all he wants, but spreading bullshit like "uhh the stats are fake bc I don't know anyone who's died!" is crossing a line for me.

@HighPockets group

Yeah, I did, and I stand by those accusations. Saying that masks don't work is planting misinformation in the heads of less-learned people, people who might stop wearing them due to it. And yes, putting your personal comfort because "mask uncomfy" over the lives of those who you're protecting by wearing a mask is something that can and will cause deaths.

@Aizawa-Sensei group

And you can do as you want and that’s chill. But you also accused Ewen of valuing his comfort over people’s lives when he didn’t say anything to be able to give you that conclusion.

I have to agree with Dom here.

Ewen never once said that he didn't wear masks (he actually said he did unless I read something wrong), or that you couldn't wear yours. In fact, he didn't even say that all the stats are fake; he said he thinks some of the numbers are "fudged." If you want to disagree with him, that's totally fine. I don’t agree with half of the stuff he says. But to actually get that mad over someone for not sharing your views is kind of illogical. You don't have to agree, and you can tell him why he's wrong, but to twist his words and falsely accuse him makes you equally as wrong.

@croccin-champagne

isn't this like the debate chat tho dom

i'm mostly kidding, this isn't really my debate, because i'm very much against anyone who doesn't wear or want to wear masks. to a point where it would simply taint any debate

@HighPockets group

i'm mostly kidding, this isn't really my debate, because i'm very much against anyone who doesn't wear or want to wear masks. to a point where it would simply taint any debate

^^

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Lol u right. It’s just that I’m tired and my face still hurts and is numb at the same time?? and arguing with Jyn when she’s actually pissed is a bit meh. I don’t feel up to it Ig.

@HighPockets group

Lol u right. It’s just that I’m tired and my face still hurts and is numb at the same time?? and arguing with Jyn when she’s actually pissed is a bit meh. I don’t feel up to it Ig.

Dude what'd you do to your face?