forum Debate. Debate. Debate.
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 109 followers

@Moxie group

Okay 1. We have no way of knowing what he was actually thinking cause we never saw his POV at that time
And 2. I think it was sort of both. Like yknow an admiration that turned into a crush

@Moxie group

Okay yeah I agree with that. It doesn’t mean though that he didn’t have a crush on a guy, even if it was just a kiddie crush. I don’t think just because his ability to have real feelings hasn’t developed doesn’t mean the feelings weren’t real or valid.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

You’re welcome.
I think there is no way of being certain. Until HoH came out, I always read it as what I perceived beforehand. As did the world. As Riordan expected because of how he wrote it. There is no way to be certain whether it was a publicity stunt or not. Or whether it was a change or not. So I can neither agree or disagree for lack of evidence.

@Moxie group

Alright yeah. But I still think Riordan did it better than Rowling because publicity stunt or not, it was actually written in the book.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

And Rowling played it as a stunt, yet safe at the safe time. Just like the “gay scene” in Beauty and the Beast, no one was happy. Riordan played all in (Mostly. Since he didn’t reference it earlier, or make hidden proof in TC.) And that’s why where he failed, he failed completely. And where he scored, he scored pretty well.

Screaming cinnamon roll

Maybe… I don’t totally know how I feel about Rick Riordans representation

But like he explicitly says in the book that Nico was gay. It wasn’t totally a Dumbledore because at least he writes about it in the book. And when he does write about it I’m pretty sure that he looks back on Nicos memories about the crush he had on Percy (I’m pretty sure that happened. I don’t totally remember).

yeah it happened. The whole time he looks back on it he calls himself an idiot for liking such an idiot. And we all love jason because he's super supportive about it.

@Moxie group

And it’s not like Rowling didn’t have a chance to include Dumbledore being not straight. Like the Crimes of Grindewald or whatever the hell it is, truth be told I don’t car enough that was the man Dumbledore was supposed to be in love with and they decided not to add any romance. That’s just Rowling being dumb.

Yeah man no one liked that Beauty and the Beast scene (Do you watch Thomas Sanders?)

I think Riordans later representation was better. Like in Magnus Chase.

Deleted user

i have a friend that wont shut up about them and i am CONSTANTLY being shown edits.. so we love that aha
they are cute though

Screaming cinnamon roll

And it’s not like Rowling didn’t have a chance to include Dumbledore being not straight. Like the Crimes of Grindewald or whatever the hell it is, truth be told I don’t car enough that was the man Dumbledore was supposed to be in love with and they decided not to add any romance. That’s just Rowling being dumb.

Yeah man no one liked that Beauty and the Beast scene (Do you watch Thomas Sanders?)

I think Riordans later representation was better. Like in Magnus Chase.

Yeah, I agree.