forum Debate. Debate. Debate.
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 109 followers

Deleted user

T_T

Oh please. That's still racist by your logic, just worded differently.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Now let’s do another situation. I want to be a movie director. Who knows if that will ever come to be but here it is. I am making a movie dramatization of the founding of Egypt. Realizing that Chinese people almost never would get to star in such a picture, I send out a casting call making clear that only Chinese people and related cultures may apply for this movie. What do you make of this?

@WriteOutofTime

Weird and a bit of cultural appropriation. But uh, Egyptian movies in the past were overwhelmingly white, so it'd be nice to see actual Egyptians playing in the movies. However, if you as the director are trying to make some sort of statement and you want to cast Chinese people,,, okay then.

@Bananapudding

I don't think straight pride should be a thing. What do you think?

Tbh, it really doesn't matter. If you're proud of being gay, you're welcome to do so, if you're proud of being straight, same thing goes for that.

@WriteOutofTime

I don't think straight pride should be a thing. What do you think?

I don't really think straight pride is a thing. Gay pride was created because gay people were told not to be proud of themselves. There was struggle, and then out of that there was pride. Straight pride is like white history month… largely unnecessary.

@GameMaster group

But there's a lot of straight people complaining that they don't get a month or whatever. I'm not even joking. I wouldn't have asked if it wasn't a thing. It's seriously disturbing.

@GameMaster group

https://www.vox.com/identities/2019/7/1/18761623/straight-pride
and perhaps most disturbing
https://twitter.com/hashtag/straightpride?lang=en

@WriteOutofTime

I went to my first pride parade this year,,, gee, I wonder if straight pride parade has people yelling "you're going to hell!!" into megaphones.

@WriteOutofTime

Fun fact: Heterosexuality was once considered a mental disease in the big American book of medicine or whatever it was.

That's suprising. Unless you mean homosexuality?