forum Debate. Debate. Debate.
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 109 followers

@WriteOutofTime

African-Americans are typically mixed race individuals because of, ya know. Slavery.

Or it could be a case of ingrained racism. A Black friend of mine told me I didn't act Black because all Blacks were ratchet. That's racist, and it comes from an unspoken belief that whites are not ratchet, or whatever. Kinda ridiculous, but still racist.

Deleted user

There is the argument that a certain race is allowed to make fun of themselves but no on else can.

For example: I'm Hispanic so I can make stereotypical jokes about what it is to be Hispanic, but Karen from Malibu most certainly cannot.

@Bananapudding

African-Americans are typically mixed race individuals because of, ya know. Slavery.

Or it could be a case of ingrained racism. A Black friend of mine told me I didn't act Black because all Blacks were ratchet. That's racist, and it comes from an unspoken belief that whites are not ratchet, or whatever. Kinda ridiculous, but still racist.

Same. I'm told the exact same thing.

@WriteOutofTime

There is the argument that a certain race is allowed to make fun of themselves but no on else can.

For example: I'm Hispanic so I can make stereotypical jokes about what it is to be Hispanic, but Karen from Malibu most certainly cannot.

I guess it's about intent. Me and my friend joking about loving kool aid hits differently than some random white person laughing at me because I like kool aid.

@Trix

goshdarnitKaren
Yeah, because I definitely do this with my friends, too.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

If we go by this definition I can throw a party with a sign on the door saying “no blacks allowed” and as long as I didn’t hold an ideology that proclaimed my race superior, that would not actually be racist. I disagree.

Deleted user

Mine's a bit more extreme..

same lmao we funny

I fail to see how being called a terrorist is less than being made fun of for liking kool aid.

@WriteOutofTime

Mine's a bit more extreme..

same lmao we funny

I fail to see how being called a terrorist is less than being made fun of for liking kool aid.

oof not that lmao
i meant like the stuff me and my siblings say

@WriteOutofTime

If we go by this definition I can throw a party with a sign on the door saying “no blacks allowed” and as long as I didn’t hold an ideology that proclaimed my race superior, that would not actually be racist. I disagree.

Why else would…why else would someone not allow blacks somewhere…

@WriteOutofTime

This hypothetical scenario is so unlikely it makes my head spin. I'm more focused on current events and context, not off the wall scenarios.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Why else would…why else would someone not allow blacks somewhere…

Idk, um… wanting to recognize only European culture at this party?

@WriteOutofTime

So the question is: if there's a party soley for celebrating celtic origin, can there be a sign that says no Blacks allowed without it being racist?

Well,,, no,,, because there are other non-celtics,,,