forum Debate. Debate. Debate.
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 109 followers

@HighPockets group

Exactly! My father says the same thing!
And plus, executing them immediately might scare the people who are thinking about following in their footsteps.

German power! :D

Agrees in German

@HighPockets group

I mean, if they have the guarantee of execution hanging over their heads, I'm sure at least 1 would be willing to snitch without needing to torture anyone.

Deleted user

Okay, but hypothetically. Do you guys think there is ever a case where torture is acceptable?

Yes, to get vital information

Deleted user

Okay, but hypothetically. Do you guys think there is ever a case where torture is acceptable?

Nope.

@amber_is_in_a_loop

I'm not sure about this one actually.
On the one hand, torture is inhuman and disgusting and beyond what a human should be able to do to another human.
On the other hand though… vital information. Vital information for the good of the world, meaning around 9 billion people, might just be grounds for it. Especially if the pain inflicted is towards one who's taken lives.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

First off, torture is terribly immoral. Second, don’t you understand torture??? The bird will sing yes, but there is no guaranteed truth. You say what the person torturing you wants you to say. That’s what you do. Try to find what they want as soon as possible so you can tell them what they want to hear so they’ll stop and you can hold off the pain for just a little bit longer.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Well, to be fair, perhaps you lose your senses. But then you start babbling bull. Though if one truly had the information they might spill. But there’s always the chance that they could resist torture. Though I don’t see how that would work.

Deleted user

There is human torture.
Excessive tickling.

No one can resist that.

Deleted user

But in all seriousness, I think that if someone is marked for death already, then what is stopping the gov from getting the info they want?

@amber_is_in_a_loop

But in all seriousness, I think that if someone is marked for death already, then what is stopping the gov from getting the info they want?

Well, they could be protecting others.

Deleted user

Morality and humanity dignity. But what does the government care about that? Idk.

(gestures vaguely in agreement)

Deleted user

Well, they could be protecting others.

I'm not sure what you mean by this? Protecting someone(s) after committing a heinous crime doesn't zero out the moral compass of the world. Certainly, protection someone(s) that also committed and/or participated in said crime isn't being a good Samaritan either. It's enabling criminals to continue their work, thus putting more people in danger.