forum Debate. Debate. Debate.
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 109 followers

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Fun fact: Heterosexuality was once considered a mental disease in the big American book of medicine or whatever it was.

That's suprising. Unless you mean homosexuality?

Nope. I agree with why though. It was because they considered it a disorder to define yourself by your sex life.

Deleted user

It was because they considered it a disorder to define yourself by your sex life.

I mean… I think this is weird too. Like I want to be known for my personality and cool things about me, not because I swing both ways and identify as female.

@Starfast group

I don't think straight pride should be a thing. What do you think?

Coming from a straight person, I don't even think this an unpopular opinion lol.

@HighPockets group

On the topic of straight pride, has anyone heard of the Deplorable Choir?
A YouTuber I watch made a video reacting to their songs and uhh…..they fucking suck.

Deleted user

On the topic of straight pride, has anyone heard of the Deplorable Choir?
A YouTuber I watch made a video reacting to their songs and uhh…..they fucking suck.

That might be why they're called the Deplorable Choir

Deleted user

Coming back to the death penalty discussion really quick–

In response to the number of mass shootings recently, Trump said that he is asking the Justice Department to propose legislation to ensure that mass murders face the death penalty without years of delay and trial.

Thoughts?

Deleted user

Well…
I mean…
It works, but it doesn't.
That's tough.

Deleted user

So the question is: Do people that commit horrible crimes (such as mass murder) deserve a trial and/or to live?

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Amber is completely right. I think I’m in favor of killing scumbags for the public good, but with great power comes responsibility, so if we are going to use such drastic measures we have to do our absolute best to make sure an innocent man is never killed.

Deleted user

A trial is only to prove that they committed the crime, no? So if the police catch the perpetrator in the act, then what use is there for a trial?

Especially for someone that murdered a lot of innocent people and therefore bound to a life sentence anyway?

(I'm only asking the tough questions and attempting to follow Trump's line of thought)

Deleted user

Hm. I personally say no. I see why others would say yes, of course and I somewhat agree with them. But in my opinion, they should just be put to death as soon as possible.

Deleted user

Of course, I was raised amongst people who are not from America, so my views are different. And Eris is right. If there's already evidence that someone did go on a mass-murdering spree, what is the use of having a trial? Just execute them and that will save time.

Deleted user

Yes, just like Lori, my family isn't American and therefore doesn't see eye-to-eye with certain American topics. My mom is extremely opinionated on the matter, but I believe there are certain situations that make it acceptable. What my mother does say is "if someone feels they have the right to take someone's life, they may need theirs taken as well"– But, you know in German.

Deleted user

Exactly! My father says the same thing!
And plus, executing them immediately might scare the people who are thinking about following in their footsteps.

@HighPockets group

If they were caught in the act, then no, but if they escaped and were taken into custody later, then they should have a trial in case the person taken in was the wrong person.

Deleted user

I agree with that. But if they are found guilty, they should just be sent to death right away.

Deleted user

Exactly! My father says the same thing!
And plus, executing them immediately might scare the people who are thinking about following in their footsteps.

German power! :D

@amber_is_in_a_loop

Okay, so we're agreeing on the fact they could be put to death.
Now, what if one of a few murderers who took part in a mass shooting is taken in but the others escape. Would torturing for information be a fair option?