forum Debate. Debate. Debate.
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 109 followers

@Starfast group

^Not to be rude, but could you please stop posting that everywhere? Not that that isn't an important thread, but what you're doing is spam, and also really inconsiderate. The general forum is by far the most active one on this site so people are still pretty likely to see it without you posting it in other threads. If you want more people to see it, why don't you share it on social media? Or show it to some of your irl friends/family?

I'm going to repost @"The Grammar Queen"'s post since it got buried, and I think it's an interesting topic

π™·πšŽπš›πšŽ'𝚜 πšŠπš— πšžπš—πš™πš˜πš™πšžπš•πšŠπš› πš˜πš™πš’πš—πš’πš˜πš—: πš‚πš˜πš–πšŽ 𝚍𝚘𝚐𝚜 πš›πšŽπšŠπš•πš•πš’ πšœπšžπšŒπš”. 𝙸'πš– 𝚊 𝚍𝚘𝚐 πš•πš˜πšŸπšŽπš›, πš‹πšžπš 𝙸'𝚟𝚎 πšŠπš•πš πšŠπš’πšœ πšπš˜πšπšπšŽπš— πš’πš— πšπšŽπš‹πšŠπšπšŽπšœ πš πš’πšπš‘ πš™πšŽπš˜πš™πš•πšŽ πš˜πšŸπšŽπš› πšπš‘πšŽ 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚝 πšπš‘πšŠπš πšœπš˜πš–πšŽ 𝚍𝚘𝚐𝚜 πš›πšŽπšŠπš•πš•πš’ πšŠπš›πšŽ πšŸπš’πš˜πš•πšŽπš—πš πš πš’πšπš‘πš˜πšžπš 𝚊 𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎. πš†πšŽπš•πš•, πš•πšŠπšœπš πš—πš’πšπš‘πš, πš–πš’ πš–πš˜πš– πšŠπš—πš 𝟷𝟻 πš’πšŽπšŠπš› πš˜πš•πš πš‹πš›πš˜πšπš‘πšŽπš› πš πšŽπš›πšŽ πš πšŠπš•πš”πš’πš—πš πš‘πš˜πš–πšŽ πšπš›πš˜πš– πšπš‘πšŽ πš•πš’πš‹πš›πšŠπš›πš’ {𝚠𝚎 πš•πš’πšŸπšŽ 𝚊 𝚏𝚎𝚠 πš‹πš•πš˜πšŒπš”πšœ 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚒} πšŠπš—πš πš–πš’ πš‹πš›πš˜πšπš‘πšŽπš› 𝚠𝚊𝚜 πšŒπš‘πšŠπšœπšŽπš πš‹πš’ πšŠπš— πšŠπšπšπš›πšŽπšœπšœπš’πšŸπšŽ πšžπš—πš•πšŽπšŠπšœπš‘πšŽπš 𝚍𝚘𝚐. π™Έπš πš‘πšŽ πšπš’πšπš—'𝚝 πš›πšžπš— πššπšžπš’πšŒπš”πš•πš’ πšŽπš—πš˜πšžπšπš‘, πšπš‘πšŽ 𝚍𝚘𝚐 πš πš˜πšžπš•πš πš‘πšŠπšŸπšŽ πšŠπšπšπšŠπšŒπš”πšŽπš, πšŠπš•πš• πš‹πšŽπšŒπšŠπšžπšœπšŽ πšπš‘πšŽπš’ πš πšŠπš•πš”πšŽπš πš™πšŠπšœπš πš‘πš’πšœ πš‘πš˜πšžπšœπšŽ πšŠπš—πš πš‘πš’πšœ πš˜πš πš—πšŽπš› 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚘𝚘 πšœπšπšžπš™πš’πš 𝚝𝚘 πš™πšžπš 𝚊 πš•πšŽπšŠπšœπš‘ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πš–. {π™Ώπš˜πš•πš’πšŒπšŽ πšŠπš›πšŽ πš‹πšŽπš’πš—πš πš—πš˜πšπš’πšπš’πšŽπš.}

@Starfast group

^ A very compelling argument.

Anyways, as far as aggressive dogs go, I feel like the problem almost always lies with irresponsible owners, which means a couple different things:

• It is crucial to socialize your dog as a puppy. The puppy years are the most important for socializing. Not familiarizing your dog to new people, places, or pets can cause behaviour problems such as aggression. Likewise, if your dog has a bad experience as a puppy it could stick with them for a long time.
  • If you know your dog has a history of aggression than it's your responsibility as an owner to not only recognize it but to take the necessary precautions to keep it from attacking someone. Buy a muzzle, keep it on a short leash. And for the love of god do not bring them to dog parks (I know that probably sounds ridiculous, but I have seen it)! Do what you need to do*
  • A lot of dogs don't attack unprovoked, but a lot of people don't familiarize themselves with dog body language. If a dog has it's tail between its legs, has it's ears back, is backing away/cowering that means it's afraid, and if it's afraid that means it could lash out to try and defend itself. If you try to pet a dog that's showing all these signs and it tries to bite you it's not an "out of the blue" attack. It was trying to give warning signs and they were ignored.

*My dog was attacked by another dog on my street while I was walking him one day. The owner claimed that he was "usually super friendly" and "has never done anything like this before." However, when I went home and told my mom, she knew exactly which dog it was because she's seen this owner having troubles controlling the dog and has also seen the dog barking and growling at other dogs. Doesn't strike me as a super friendly dog :/ And that made me really mad because that's both ignorant and irresponsible on the owners part. How can you claim your dog is friendly if he's constantly growling at other dogs?
There's so many things that this owner could have done to have prevented that from happening, but the biggest problem to me is that she seemed to be in denial of her dog's behaviour problems. We all love our pets, but it's important to recognize these kinds of issues.

TLDR; Irresponsible owners are actually the ones that suck.

v Thanks :)

Deleted user

I always blame the owner when it comes to unruly pets. Honestly, If you are willing to take on the responsibility of having a pet then you should have the time and energy and will to make sure that it is well behaved.

This goes for children as well.

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

Well, to be fair, sometimes the child might have a mental disorder or something that could cause them to act up even if the parent was doing all they could to keep them under control… But yeah most of the time parents just suck at caring for their children

Deleted user

More often than not, that is not the case. My brother is the most well behaved, even with the troubles he has.

Deleted user

snarfs into coffee

An absolute, 100% mood.

I recommend whacking them more tbh. Americans are too soft on their children.

Violence isn't the way to discipline children.

Deleted user

But violence incites fear, and therefore using it to discipline children causes not only fear to mess up but also fear of the parent.

@WriteOutofTime

I disagree with hitting kids. I don't think it's necessary. At the VERY most, a small slap on the wrist if a very tiny child does something urgently terrible. Otherwise, kid knows reason, kid doesn't need to be beaten.

Deleted user

What I said before:

I grew up with spanking as well, but it did not have a poor impact on my life. Not one that I am aware of anyway. It's pretty normal to get smacked in a hispanic family, you know that your family member isn't trying to hurt you, you were just acting like an ass. Nor am I afraid of my mother because of it, that's just nonsense.
I think that jumping straight to physical punishment is wrong. There should be respect even between a young child and their parent. Children should be taught reasonably how to properly behave and the difference between right and wrong, before being subjected to punishment. They should have the chance to learn/ test boundaries/ express themselves just like anyone else.

Deleted user

Generally speaking, in a normally functioning family, a child knows when they are being naughty and expect some kind of 'event' in direct causation to what they have done. So fear isn't particularly a good word to use in this scenario.

If most children are like me they kinda got off on the high of maybe getting in trouble for shit.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Well whatever the case, a lot of kids (especially in white suburban American families) behave badly as well as not getting spanked. I see a correlation.
I’m not saying always whack your kids, but if you’ve done any raising of kids, you probably know they need it sometimes.