forum Your Personal Venting Space 3: Tokyo Drift
Started by @The-N-U-T-Cracker
tune

people_alt 147 followers

@moss

Then maybe it's time for you to stop now.
Sounds like your brain is telling you it's studied enough for now.

haha i haven't studied at all

@Milani eco

Guess what fuckers
I got officially diagnosed with inattentive ADHD
Life really do be making sense

just think, being diagnosed makes absolutely no difference other than people will know how to help!

@Relsey

That's a pretty big difference imo

true, but it doesnt change who you are?

There is a cause and there is a treatment. It's validating. It means that there is a reason I am like this and there are ways to fix this if I want to. When My Brother got Diagnosed it made a really big difference not just for him but for the whole family. He's not trying to act up, he's not trying to misbehave, there is a disconnect in his brain. It's not something we can just teach out of him, it's not something he can control, He's still responsible for his actions, but now we are able to understand him and he understands himself.
It means that his teachers are able to teach him in a more engaging way and understand why he's not sitting still or behaving perfectly. Now he doesn't feel like he's the problem, he isn't beating himself up over the things he does because now he understands that it's not some dark part of him that wants to be bad. Getting a diagnosis doesn't change who you are but it does change how you perceive yourself.
So I didn't know I had asthma until a month or two ago, I just thought I was a bad athlete, I just thought I was a really bad swimmer, and A bad water polo player because I could never do what the other people my age could do with their bodies. Then I got Diagnosed and suddenly, I wasn't a bad swimmer. I just couldn't breathe and my muscles weren't getting enough oxygen. So Getting that Diagnosis opened doors for me, getting the treatment means I can use my body to it's full potential where with out it, I would be stuck in this mind set of I'm just bad at this.

@berlioz

Amen Relsey
For me, getting a diagnosis is a big deal. I'd always suspected ADHD, but hearing it confirmed by a professional is beyond validating. Now we can work out a more accurate treatment plan, and find coping mechanisms that cover all bases and not just anxiety and depression. I now know for sure my deficiencies and idiosyncrasies can be categorized, and I'm not just broken. If it's nameable, it's understandable.

@furetakunai ac_unit

^^^ When my mother got actually diagnosed with endometriosis, they were way more than glad. Because the thing they were suffering from wasn't some nameless entity, it had a name, they knew what it was, and just maybe there was something out there to help. Or at least get them a step closer to feeling better. They said that they always feared dying to a masked killer, so when they got the diagnosis, it gave them a sense of relief.

@saor_illust school

sorry to interrupt but leo, did you/do you feel like youre constantly being reminded of your dad?

cause thats a big phat mood rn
especially since everytime i see those words "Six is typing…" i get excited and then i remember,,,,,,
it seems like every little thing reminds me of her

and i cant shake it

@Milani eco

That's a pretty big difference imo

true, but it doesnt change who you are?

There is a cause and there is a treatment. It's validating. It means that there is a reason I am like this and there are ways to fix this if I want to. When My Brother got Diagnosed it made a really big difference not just for him but for the whole family. He's not trying to act up, he's not trying to misbehave, there is a disconnect in his brain. It's not something we can just teach out of him, it's not something he can control, He's still responsible for his actions, but now we are able to understand him and he understands himself.
It means that his teachers are able to teach him in a more engaging way and understand why he's not sitting still or behaving perfectly. Now he doesn't feel like he's the problem, he isn't beating himself up over the things he does because now he understands that it's not some dark part of him that wants to be bad. Getting a diagnosis doesn't change who you are but it does change how you perceive yourself.
So I didn't know I had asthma until a month or two ago, I just thought I was a bad athlete, I just thought I was a really bad swimmer, and A bad water polo player because I could never do what the other people my age could do with their bodies. Then I got Diagnosed and suddenly, I wasn't a bad swimmer. I just couldn't breathe and my muscles weren't getting enough oxygen. So Getting that Diagnosis opened doors for me, getting the treatment means I can use my body to it's full potential where with out it, I would be stuck in this mind set of I'm just bad at this.

btw i have adhd

@Relsey

And?
I was trying to explain why a diagnosis is important to some people, not claiming your view point was wrong. I apologize if you got the wrong idea.

@Milani eco

And?
I was trying to explain why a diagnosis is important to some people, not claiming your view point was wrong. I apologize if you got the wrong idea.

i was just making sure that you didnt think i was commenting on something i knew nothing about :)
haha

@saor_illust school

man i just want someone to hug me tight and hold me while whispering that everything will be okay into my ear until i fall asleep
bc my brain and mind and the whole world just really seems to hate me today and im so mentally tired and ijust want the day to end please

@Cloudy_is_trying_her_best

Ughhhh I have spanish homework to do and I have no motivation but I need to get it done before class tomorrow which is second hour and did I mention it's past midnight now? I don't know if I need someone to nicely tell me to do it or if I just need someone to fuckin yell at and berate me for not doing it

@Milani eco

Ughhhh I have spanish homework to do and I have no motivation but I need to get it done before class tomorrow which is second hour and did I mention it's past midnight now? I don't know if I need someone to nicely tell me to do it or if I just need someone to fuckin yell at and berate me for not doing it

do it . mOtIvAtIoN

@furetakunai ac_unit

You can do it, Cloudy! You just need to focus in short bursts, each getting a little longer just so you can train yourself to pay attention for longer periods at a time, gradually.