forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@croccin-champagne

its got to do with the insane immigration process, and the fact that the chunk of our citizens that couldn't become 'legal' but still contribute and have been contributing heavily to our economy and other things, deserve to be able to vote for their country too. I'm not exactly super knowledgeable on it, so I'm not the best to explain whats up

@Katastrophic group

also in some areas that are racist, they can more or less legally require more documents, proof of identity, or other things. Those areas also make it harder with more hoops to jump through to get said things (like passports, for me it took a 2 hour visit and for someone else it took them nearly a month).

That said, single ID for voting is not racist and shouldn't be an issue. It's the background stuff that makes it hard.

@ElderGod-kirky group

oh oh oh ye ye ye

i was just thinking of Karen and Bill over there crying racist because they were told to do something, not because that part of the issue is tilting towards racist

@ElderGod-Icefire

Ohh that makes more sense. But I still don't believe that we should do away with requiring a valid id to vote. I realize that people who live here that aren't legal can't vote, but…that's kind of for a reason? You can't just do away with ID totally. If you do, you invite election fraud and that's just. Not a good idea ever

@Pickles group

It's the immigration system and rampant xenophobia and racism in it that needs to be addressed and changed, not the voting id system, but that requires actual empathy and effort from people who would rather not help immigrants

@croccin-champagne

big agree with pickles. i have so many issues with the immigration system and process. its the worst. i know so many old people who are like 'bla bla fuck illegal immigrants its not that hard to get in' and when i point out that it actually is, they really dont like that. i mean come on, the test about american history is literally so hard and so weird that most american born citizens, who grew up learning american history, couldnt score even 50% on it.

and like, these 'illegal immigrants' again make up so much of our economy. because of their illegal status, they can only ever get a certain type of job. and those are the jobs that a lot of american born citizens view as below them, but if these immigrants didnt do them, we wouldnt have the things that come from that??? orchard picking, factory work(the fucking CANNERIES. i could NEVER, but thats literally my privilege speaking), etc. and they do that all for below legal wages often, because they cant protest the fact that they arent getting paid decently, because then they could get found out and deported. like these people are straight up a key backbone of our economy, just because of how hard it is to get into this godforsaken country

anyways i have a lot of feelings about immigration, obviously

@Pickles group

Props to whatever mental illness or neurodivergence thing is making me unable to listen to anything other than the same three songs on repeat. They're good but I'd like to do something other than stare off into space humming them and thinking about prom

Deleted user

Props to whatever mental illness or neurodivergence thing is making me unable to listen to anything other than the same three songs on repeat. They're good but I'd like to do something other than stare off into space humming them and thinking about prom

bro same
I've had a different album that I can't not listen to every month
last month it was penelope scotts junkyard and now it's wilbur soot's your city gave me athsma

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

bro same
I've had a different album that I can't not listen to every month
last month it was penelope scotts junkyard and now it's wilbur soot's your city gave me athsma

Mine is constantly Your City Gave Me Asthma

Deleted user

I used to always think that the songs were too sad, but now I can't get 'em out of my head
You wanna hear smth I wrote while listening to the album?

@Mojack group

I keep on receiving false hope because I see my notifications come up when I log on and I’m like “oh, someone joined my rp” then I realize that’s not the case