forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

Deleted user

I had my account for just over two years. Really fucking crazy.

@croccin-champagne

i love having to explain to my dad that no, i do not need to calm down about a rape joke in a movie(male sexual assault ha ha so funny it's totally not equal to a woman being sexually assaulted what–) and that you just don't joke about certain things like that

@Pickles group

Hi if you post pictures of the last lines of the last book in a series on the internet so you can say that it made you sad, fuck you because you just spoiled the whole series for too many people :)

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

i love having to explain to my dad that no, i do not need to calm down about a rape joke in a movie(male sexual assault ha ha so funny it's totally not equal to a woman being sexually assaulted what–) and that you just don't joke about certain things like that

Sad.

@HighPockets group

I tried to write out a little paragraph about how I was sad that I'd probably never be cast as Victor Frankenstein in the Frankenstein musical since I can't belt and it ended up devolving into me talking about how awkward it can be being bigger and also sort of babyfaced in theatre and then ended up being about my complicated feelings around playing female characters and my own femininity (or sort of lack thereof) with a dash of self loathing so yeah.
Not gonna post that.

@HighPockets group

Like, so many female parts in theatre are out of my range, and I feel a big disconnect with both the ingenue and femme fatale sort of tropes since I'm both not very feminine and asexual. I went to a middle school with a lot of talented girls, and so I sort of always associated auditioning for female roles with ending up in the ensemble since while I'm a decent singer, I'm not as good as they were. So I feel like that, along with getting into Shakespeare, sort of opened me up to playing cross-cast roles early-ish. And then going to a high school with more theatrical guys made me realize that that wasn't a permanent option, since I would be competing against guys who are more in range and also, y'know, guys. And gender isn't really a big deal when I'm going after the roles I want, I know there's been a few shows where my "what parts are your top choices?" list is a pretty solid mix. Anyways idk, I have a lot of random thoughts on theatre and where I fit into theatre as a whole and they're very abstract and hard to fit into words so thanks for letting me ramble

@croccin-champagne

okay first of all: valid
second: it's funny because despite being ace/demi or whatever, i would love a role like that simply because to me, and to my sexuality, it would be so easy to dupe a man into wanting to bang and then kill him, because i would simply not feel sexual attraction to him and not fall victim to the tragedy of so many femme fatale characters.

and beyond that, i would just like to say: half of those girls don't see themselves as super good. half of them think they're the shit. i know so many theatre kids and you do too and you have to remember that nobody ever thinks they're as good as they actually are, so shoot for the stars and do the best you fuckin can and something good will come out of it. you seriously miss every shot you don't take because you're never going to get cast for a role if you don't audition for the role

also. men in theatre are weirdly rare and/or flakey as hell, so you'll probably get that chance there a lot. also some directors like picking people to play the opposite gender because to them it's ~fresh~ when shakespeare's been doing it forever but shhh

in conclusion i love you and you're talented but also big agree because i have the vocal range of a fish and am not the most conventionally pretty. fuck theatre imma start an amateur theater group that says fuck you to aesthetics and doesn't always go for the popular soprano girl who thinks she can hit the high note in defying gravity but never learned what a chest voice was–

@HighPockets group

First off, I love you too and second, fuck yes I'll join that group-
Ugh seriously I feel so robbed of the chest voice thing because my "choir" in middle school–while fun–was basically a bunch of middle schoolers gathering to sing censored Hamilton songs for half an hour after science class. Like, I have great memories of it and all but God do I wish that I had been being taught how to switch from head to chest voice, how to belt, etc. instead of singing radio cut theatre songs.

@croccin-champagne

oh god. my elementary school choir was a fucking joke. literally the teacher put lyrics up on the board of pop songs and shit and just. had us sing. that was it. no tips, no training, no site reading, nothing. so i go into jh and decide to do choir and suddenly i'm having to site read, i'm learning how to switch tones and shit, it was so weird.

but anyway, that helped a huge amount, and might i recommend watching those 'vocal coach react' videos. seriously, they've given me great tips i never got the chance to learn, and i get to listen to super good music. i actually was reminded that chest and head voice existed by them, and learned a few new things that have helped me get back into a more professional sound. also i can belt now so

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

aaaaaaaaaaaaghhh you ever just casually mention that you’re turning down rythm bot in a discord call cause, in exact words, “the music kinda sucks ngl”, only to be thrown into a nearly 30-minute “debate” about why every single song I listen to is meaningless invasive ear worm trash that holds no value because Thick as a Brick is clearly better, I’m just not intellectual enough cause I don’t have a 9-year school choir background
yes it was hotsexy how did you know