forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@Cloudy_is_trying_her_best

Cop canon

But yeah those are all good points! Tbh I just really wanted to educate myself but didn't know where to look(and I use a school-owned laptop and don't particularly want to risk someone bringing up the fact that I'm going on political sites to my parents) so yeah!! The reform thing was definitely new, that should be talked about more! Although yeah I'm pretty sure there are different departments but still!

@HighPockets group

Same
Like, I get that the actor is considered hot or whatever, but J.D. is a serial killer? His relationship with Veronica (especially in the movie) is toxic?
It's especially gross due to the fact that there's people who fangirl over the fucking Columbine shooters and that sort of thing.

@Pickles group

He's a serial killer who tried to blow up the school (and in the original ending for the movie, he did) and also sexually assaulted Veronica on at least one occasion and his little "I love you veronica" song at the end does not redeem him or make him a good person. He's a psychopath so please stop crying about his death and saying he and Veronica should have gotten a happy ending. Because if he lived, the cycle would have continued, he would NOT have gotten help. Stop ๐Ÿ‘ pining๐Ÿ‘ for ๐Ÿ‘a ๐Ÿ‘psychopath ๐Ÿ‘

@Pickles group

I prefer the musical but honestly the movie did such a better job at portraying their relationship as the toxic hell it was, but of course the 12 year olds who love the musical haven't seen it because it's rated R and very much inappropriate for children

@croccin-champagne

dude the burn scene in the movie, which I have seen seven times, is so. god it makes me so uncomfy to watch but it really honestly shows you just how toxic the relationship is

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

I'm going to be rude to our extremely outdated and blatantly false education system because the amount of really talented artists I've watched struggle with mixing colors or color theory in general because the literal core, primary colors were dumbed down for them their entire life is depressing.

Blue and yellow don't make green. Blue and yellow will never make green. They are on opposite sides of the color wheel. I know it seems like such a small thing but dear gosh something needs to be done about this i'm sick of watching people lose hope in design over such small things

@ElderGod-kirky group

cyan and yellow make green, if I recall correctly. magenta, yellow, and cyan are the most ideal primary colors (at least on the digital scale, not sure about paints), not red blue and yellow

@Katastrophic group

not to be an art nerd, but with the original toxic mineral paints it kinda worked for mixing colors. Now though often the "primary blue" is too purple and "primary yellow" is actually more orange than true yellow. Thats why greens mixed with primary colors don't look nice. On the other side, sometimes the "primary blue" the school buys is too green, which is why we have the travesty that is trying to mix purple with blue-green and a reddish orange, which act as they should to make a nice grey. True primary colors are a pure light blue (yay expensive lapis lazuli), a bright yellow, and a cool red/almost magenta color.

So pretty much blame crappy paint companies who make cheap "primary" labeled colors cause they look nicer, along with the education system that didn't notice.

@Katastrophic group

magenta doesn't exist circe

Magenta is indeed false but I raise you: colors do not exist. All color is is how our brain translates electromagentic waves bouncing off of objects. There are people who have a fourth cone who can see further on the spectrums and therefore more colors (dogs have 2 and mantis shrimp have over 12).

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

cyan and yellow make green, if I recall correctly. magenta, yellow, and cyan are the most ideal primary colors (at least on the digital scale, not sure about paints), not red blue and yellow

(it is for paints too, i got some really nice gouache in the perfect primaries and it's chef's kiss)

@croccin-champagne

Gonna be rude to how hypersexualized women's Halloween costumes are, they all look so incredibly uncomfortable

can i add on to this with the hypersexual ones that are also racist depictions of cultural garments?? and how those ones from spirit halloween had the creepiest and weirdest descriptions, even on the ones for children

@HighPockets group

Gonna be rude to how hypersexualized women's Halloween costumes are, they all look so incredibly uncomfortable

can i add on to this with the hypersexual ones that are also racist depictions of cultural garments?? and how those ones from spirit halloween had the creepiest and weirdest descriptions, even on the ones for children

Yes this^
Like the "iNdIaN pRiNcEsS" ones where it's a faux-leather miniskirt with some beads on it that barely covers your ass. Super gross.

The weird hypersexualization of women's Halloween costumes (and the overall shitty quality and the lack of decent plus-sized options) is a big reason why I cobble together my own costumes with stuff I have at home. I was at Halloween Express last weekend to pick up a prop for a party, and I swear every. single. women's costume was just extremely hypersexualized. I was in a rush so I couldn't look around a ton, but all of the on-display ones were these skimpy one-piece miniskirts. Which is fine if you wanna go as a sexy zombie or whatever but I'm pretty sure that a pretty large amount of women would prefer something less sexualized. Especially since I live in Wisconsin and so presumably the people buying stuff from these pop-ups are too, and we've had a few Halloweens where it's been freezing. I was wearing three layers and a pair of nice gloves last year and my fingers still went numb from the cold.

@croccin-champagne

i live in washington lmao, if you're wearing a skimpy costume, you've got an umbrella and a jacket in case you have to go anywhere and get caught in the rain. because it almost always rains on halloween