forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@HighPockets group

What are they listed as?

An "extremist domestic group"

I wonder if there's a petition to make them a terrorist group or something….seems like we should've done that years ago.

@Pickles group

I remember talking about it a year or two ago in one of my classes but I can't remember if we talked about why, so do we know if there's a reason or just 'eh, they're white'?

@croccin-champagne

What are they listed as?

i'm not entirely sure, but aren't the black panthers labelled as terrorist? or close to? despite ykno, never doing the shit that the kkk has?

@croccin-champagne

What are they listed as?

I wonder if there's a petition to make them a terrorist group or something….seems like we should've done that years ago.

i think people have been trying for years, but nobody'll actually do it. nobody in power i mean

@HighPockets group

Part of it is probably how the KKK is usually looked at as a thing of the past, when in reality it's still an active group today.
I remember when we were learning about the civil rights movement back in 4th grade, and how everyone was in complete shock when the teacher said that the KKK was still a thing.

@Pickles group

Part of it is probably how the KKK is usually looked at as a thing of the past, when in reality it's still an active group today.
I remember when we were learning about the civil rights movement back in 4th grade, and how everyone was in complete shock when the teacher said that the KKK was still a thing.

Y'all-
Y'all talked about that shit in elementary school? Damn. My school really coddled us until freshman year, wow
no wonder I didn't know about the gays until eighth grade, I barely knew what the world wars were

@croccin-champagne

and they're still the reason people go missing, there's just less like active record of it. partially because the people who know about it and speak up tend to, ykno. go missing

@Pickles group

and they're still the reason people go missing, there's just less like active record of it. partially because the people who know about it and speak up tend to, ykno. go missing

Dumb question but wait what?

@HighPockets group

Y'all-
Y'all talked about that shit in elementary school? Damn. My school really coddled us until freshman year, wow
no wonder I didn't know about the gays until eighth grade, I barely knew what the world wars were

Yeah, we were a Catholic school so our classes were a little more advanced, especially in the English department. We could basically do our own thing as opposed to what the public schools did. I remember that we read books about how shitty Columbus was and how he shouldn't be venerated in 5th grade

@HighPockets group

Not to mention how the disappearances of women of color are generally unreported/overlooked, and the prevalence of Missing White Woman Syndrome

@croccin-champagne

Dumb question but wait what?

last i checked, people of color, especially black, go missing at an even higher rate around areas that the kkk is extremely active, with direct links to the terrorist organization itself.

@Pickles group

Y'all-

Yeah, we were a Catholic school so our classes were a little more advanced, especially in the English department. We could basically do our own thing as opposed to what the public schools did. I remember that we read books about how shitty Columbus was and how he shouldn't be venerated in 5th grade

👀 We didn't talk about anything remotely bad until eighth grade and even then it was pretty watered down from what I remember, except for the few memoirs that we read in language arts. Then freshman year came and we talked about wars and stuff and then hoo boy sophomore year we talked a lot about the horrors of war. And then junior year was government so we didn't touch much of history at all. Elementary school was just like the very basics and basic government. I'd be a lot more fucked up if I had known about half the stuff I know about now lmao. Baby me was a pansy

@croccin-champagne

Not to mention how the disappearances of women of color are generally unreported/overlooked, and the prevalence of Missing White Woman Syndrome

it follows the same vein, though slightly different focus, but the amount of indigenous women and girls who's disappearances are blatantly ignored and not investigated by police, especially in canada and australia, is insane and appalling

@berlioz

What are they listed as?

i'm not entirely sure, but aren't the black panthers labelled as terrorist? or close to? despite ykno, never doing the shit that the kkk has?

Can't find anything labeling them a terrorist organization, but this uses the term "black extremists".
https://vault.fbi.gov/Black%20Panther%20Party%20

@Pickles group

Ha I love when media latches onto the disappearance of a hot white woman and only talks about how she was pretty haha so fun

@croccin-champagne

What are they listed as?

Can't find anything labeling them a terrorist organization, but this uses the term "black extremists".

ah, thank you! i wasn't sure, but i do think that they're occasionally called terrorists by media and politicians

@HighPockets group

Y'all-

👀 We didn't talk about anything remotely bad until eighth grade and even then it was pretty watered down from what I remember, except for the few memoirs that we read in language arts. Then freshman year came and we talked about wars and stuff and then hoo boy sophomore year we talked a lot about the horrors of war. And then junior year was government so we didn't touch much of history at all. Elementary school was just like the very basics and basic government. I'd be a lot more fucked up if I had known about half the stuff I know about now lmao. Baby me was a pansy

I also read a shit ton of historical fiction as a kid, I'd be reading nonfiction books on pandemics while everyone else was playing kickball at recess lol. Read a ton of those Dear America mock-diaries, which is how I learned about stuff like the Japanese internment, the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire, the brutality of the winter at Valley Forge and how awful it was for the soldiers, the atrocities that were the "Indian schools" in the late 1800s, and more.

@HighPockets group

it follows the same vein, though slightly different focus, but the amount of indigenous women and girls who's disappearances are blatantly ignored and not investigated by police, especially in canada and australia, is insane and appalling

Indeed. Honestly we've got so much work to do in this world to make it halfway decent, it intimidates me a bit.

@berlioz

Y'all-

In fifth grade for Martin Luther King Jr. Day we all watched old video clips of the police hurting Black people and the firemen spraying protestors with the giant hose (that doesn't sound bad, but as someone who's been sprayed with it for fun on the lowest setting it hurts like hell and leaves giant bruises. Couldn't imagine the injuries those people had). Then we switched classrooms and watched MLKs speeches and learned about the sit ins and the KKK.
I'm happy they didn't hold back. Yeah, I saw a lot of violent images, and we were young. It was hard to watch, but that's the point. It should be hard to watch.

@Pickles group

Indeed. Honestly we've got so much work to do in this world to make it halfway decent, it intimidates me a bit.

Sometimes I think gen z will kinda sorta maybe help things out and then I remember tik tok and all the sexist racist "I'm not sexist or racist, u r for calling me out hwuh hwuh hwuh" (imagine the bandit king's laughter for that last part) boys at my school and I want to cry

@berlioz

What are they listed as?

ah, thank you! i wasn't sure, but i do think that they're occasionally called terrorists by media and politicians

Oh yeah for sure, I've seen so many articles calling them terrorists and whatnot.

@Pickles group

Y'all-

In fifth grade for Martin Luther King Jr. Day we all watched old video clips of the police hurting Black people and the firemen spraying protestors with the giant hose (that doesn't sound bad, but as someone who's been sprayed with it for fun on the lowest setting it hurts like hell and leaves giant bruises. Couldn't imagine the injuries those people had). Then we switched classrooms and watched MLKs speeches and learned about the sit ins and the KKK.
I'm happy they didn't hold back. Yeah, I saw a lot of violent images, and we were young. It was hard to watch, but that's the point. It should be hard to watch.

It is and I don't think my school gets that. They really do be romanticizing everything like Wattpad romanticizes abusive relationships

@HighPockets group

Sometimes I think gen z will kinda sorta maybe help things out and then I remember tik tok and all the sexist racist "I'm not sexist or racist, u r for calling me out hwuh hwuh hwuh" (imagine the bandit king's laughter for that last part) boys at my school and I want to cry

I think the good Gen Z will win out, though. Or I hope, anyways.