forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :)
Started by @Tylerrr-M-P
tune

people_alt 232 followers

@Pickles group

Hypothetically. If I and my two female friends walked into chick fil a pretending to be polyamorous lesbians. What's the worst that could happen?

@berlioz

So I've kinda officially come out as non binary to myself
I told most teachers my name and pronouns, and they've all taken it really well. Luckily for me, they aren't
conservative- a rarity in my rural area.
Things are pretty good.

@berlioz

oO and I'm getting my hair chopped off in honor of that (not that my mom knows part of it is because I'm enby)! Something I've wanted to do since December lol, I finally grew the balls.

@berlioz

I've got a vent I don't rlly want in the VC or the Christian chat. There's nothing worth CWing, but imma just make it gray so it's easy to skip over if you want.

Deleted user

Oof. I don’t know how to help but here’s a virtual hug.

@HighPockets group

I'm genuinely not kidding when I say that being in the closet is the single thing that tanked my mental health the most. I'm definitely down to talk sometime if you want/need to

@berlioz

I'm genuinely not kidding when I say that being in the closet is the single thing that tanked my mental health the most. I'm definitely down to talk sometime if you want/need to

Thanks my dude, might take you up on that offer sometime. And likewise to you :)

Deleted user

Okay so I’m pissed off. My friend is a woman and he uses he/him pronouns. Not that hard to just call him what he wants. But my mom was constantly misgendering him over a video call I was having that she wasn’t even invited to and honestly I’m sick of it. She says he isn’t a real woman and that he/him pronouns are exclusively male. So I want to prove a point. Who here thinks you can use whatever pronouns you want regardless of gender as gender is a social construct and limiting a person’s use of terminology they want is shitty, or do you believe in binary gendered pronouns and other TERF-y and transphobic things because genuinely I need to prove a point here.

@Becfromthedead group

Gender is a social construct and calling someone by the right pronouns is the least you can do to make someone feel comfortable and accepted. Just because you don't understand why someone might id as a woman but use he/him pronouns doesn't mean you should misgender them. It's not really your business to find out either. Nobody is hurting anyone by picking the pronouns that work for them.