forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :)
Started by @Tylerrr-M-P
tune

people_alt 232 followers

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

I’m hoping to get a tighter sports bra next time we go shopping
I’m definitely a girl but I can’t stand my chest size and I want it to not exist

@RedTheLoveless

i want to bind so fucking bad

gc2b bb

they're more expensive than any on Amazon, but they're way better in terms of quality and lasting long

Deleted user

my best friend keeps offering to buy me a binder so Mom doesn't find out but I don't want to have to hide it, you know?

@HighPockets group

Hey, do any of you Gays have Hoopla? Because I can and will rec you Gay Books that are free on there so you can read queerly without parents finding out

@Pickles group

Hey, do any of you Gays have Hoopla? Because I can and will rec you Gay Books that are free on there so you can read queerly without parents finding out

Quiet n Queer reading with Eva

@HighPockets group

Quiet n Queer reading with Eva

D: my future podcast lmao

Deleted user

I better be a guest on that podcast
Anyhow, just downloaded Hoopla so-

@HighPockets group

Ooh, let's go~
Personally I would recommend:

• Belle Revolte by Linsey Miller
  • Genderqueer by Maia Kobabe
  • Fun Home by Alison Bechdel
  • I Hope You Get This Message by Farah Naz Rishi
  • Radio Silence by Alice Oseman
  • The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
  • Solitaire by Alice Oseman

That's an extremely lackluster list, but Hoopla's LGBT section is irritatingly un-taken care of, and a ton of good queer books aren't listed in it :/
If you're into audiobooks, the audiobook section seems to be really good! It's got Crier's War (a personal favorite) and some other big queer releases from last year. I can probably find more recs for a specific identity if you'd like, just PM me or something.

@HighPockets group

They're so good!! She's my favorite author <3
Tbh I'd recommend reading them in chronological order (Heartstopper, This Winter, Solitaire, Nick and Charlie, Radio Silence, I Was Born For This, and then Loveless) since then you'll catch nods to the other stories (each of the main characters in Solitaire appears in Radio Silence, for example, and Frances has a cameo in Solitaire)

@HighPockets group

However, This Winter isn't being released physically until, um, this winter. I have yet to read it (along with Nick and Charlie, but I plan on ordering them once I get more money) but I think it's available on Kindle?? I don't use Kindle though

@actual-fandom-trash

oh !!
I got a pride flag!!!
I had a doctor's appointment and afterwards my mom had to do some shopping and there was a Barnes & Noble and a Michaels in the area and I went in and bought a pride flag from the Michaels it was really cheap too! and now I have one!!!

Deleted user

I was very scared cuz I had to sneak it the entire time but !!

how come?

@south-is-a-tad-bit-outraged

the sequel to this (The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy) is also a really good lgbtq book, although i’m not sure if it’s on hoopla or not

@HighPockets group

the sequel to this (The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy) is also a really good lgbtq book, although i’m not sure if it’s on hoopla or not

It is! I just didn't include it since it's a sequel. iirc, the novella is also on Hoopla

@Pickles group

Tbh I'd recommend reading them in chronological order (Heartstopper, This Winter, Solitaire, Nick and Charlie, Radio Silence, I Was Born For This, and then Loveless) since then you'll catch nods to the other stories (each of the main characters in Solitaire appears in Radio Silence, for example, and Frances has a cameo in Solitaire)

Whole ass list I gotta get through before I can get to Loveless-

@HighPockets group

You can jump right into Loveless! Both Loveless and I Was Born For This can stand very separate from the others, which have some overlapping cast members.

@Pickles group

You can jump right into Loveless! Both Loveless and I Was Born For This can stand very separate from the others, which have some overlapping cast members.

No no. You already said it so now I gotta. Brain will make me