forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :) Part 2!
Started by @Moxie group
tune

people_alt 175 followers

@textsfromyourex

i might make some spelling errors bc i'm on my phone but i do virtual school and i have been talking to a guy who does in person and we were sending pictures of us as kids and i send one and i guess he didn't know i was trans so he kind of blew up on me and asked if i still have a dick and stuff but we talked it out and it's all figured out yet i feel weird abt it? transphobia isn't cute and idk how to feel

Deleted user

oof, that's a tough situation. i'm not the best at advice, but i'd say just talk to him about it? i'm assuming this is a cishet dude from the way he reacted; he might genuinely not have known that what he was asking could be considered offensive. tread carefully though, some guys are definitely weird around trans girls.

@larcenistarsonist group

Wait do you guys actually picture this stuff in your brain or you just memeing? (Aphantasia gang lmao)

I seriously think in pictures and Lobster font. I think I have hyperfantasia?? I think that's what it's called, but it's when I can visualize literally anything. I'm also not joking about the 24 hour vine complilation

@requiemisback language

Wait do you guys actually picture this stuff in your brain or you just memeing? (Aphantasia gang lmao)

I seriously think in pictures and Lobster font. I think I have hyperfantasia?? I think that's what it's called, but it's when I can visualize literally anything. I'm also not joking about the 24 hour vine complilation

yeah i think i have hyperfantasia too!!
my brain just loves showing me random images and distracting me from my job and my game modding and just everything i try to do

@Katastrophic group

huh. I just looked up what Hyperfantasia was and..? it makes sense? I ran through a few unofficial test things and I guess it fits me but I kinda thought everyone could do that.

@berlioz

Mood

same here (a moderate form)

@The-Magician group

Mood

same here (a moderate form)

Unfortunately, same! (An extreme form)

@ZephirFox8812

I can't see anything in my head at all and it annoys me to no end

When people say 'picture this', I always thought it was just a saying and had no meaning

I have to use references for art and descriptions because I can't come up with any patterns, colours or anything at all and it's SO ANNOYING

@ZephirFox8812

I didn't even realize it until recently? Like I just kind of thought "picturing things in your head" was more of a figure of speech of sorts

SAME THOUGH SAME

@ZephirFox8812

It's a thing called aphantasia, which stops you from having a 'mind's eye'
It might be connected to neurodivergance though, I hadn't thought of it that way

@The-Magician group

I am a strange case…
I can see and smell sounds, I can hear pictures, I can see things in my mind as clear as if they are real and often confuse them for actually being real..
It’s not as fun as it sounds