forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :) Part 2!
Started by @Moxie group
tune

people_alt 175 followers

@Becfromthedead group

Yeah, exactly.
Also who's going to look at you? I don't think a middle aged man should be looking at his kid in a potentially sexual light. And you, putting those clothes on, understand that you could get unwanted attention. That's not for him to decide.
But newsflash: I've received unwanted attention in an ugly T-shirt and gym shorts. Pervy guys don't discriminate.

@darling-velocipede group

Parents need to stop sexualizing their children in general

yeah. i feel like they do it under the label of 'protecting' them, which is reasonable from that perspective, but it just feeds into a system where women/fem-presenting people in particular are expected to monitor themselves + filter their expression rather than holding creepy bastards accountable for being creepy bastards

Deleted user

I'd like to be rude to my sexuality for going "aromantic" and then thinks about holding hands with someone strong and goes "hehe, stronk."

@saor_illust school

hahaha i can relate to that velocipede
i love whenever i go out my clothing needs to be "pretty enough" because i need to "look cute" so i can get a guy
because i must obviously be straight and only straight because, fuck lgbtq+ right?

mmmm just let me go out in casual clothes please

@furetakunai ac_unit

I just hate being told my outfit is inappropriate when the shirt I'm wearing is just a little shorter than the person would like. Especially when it's design of the shirt. Just lemme live ffs.

@larcenistarsonist group

I hate it when I can't wear my favorite band t-shirts because they're "inappropriate". I have an AC/DC Highway to Hell t-shirt and my religious ass school told me to cover it up. ALSO RIPPED JEANS!!!! Who cares if the rip shows my thigh it's not like some dude is gonna go "ooh damn that thigh is mighty nice I wanna a;kdjf;aksljdf;laksjf;laskj" ITS NOT DISTRACTING I HATE DRESS CODES

@Becfromthedead group

Yeah, I don't get it. Also dress codes so disproportionately target afab people.
I got yelled at by my principal for having the top button on my shirt undone. I don't even have any cleavage, nothing to see there.
And people wore literal crop tops to school that were explicitly against code.

@larcenistarsonist group

YES! Girls could not wear a tank top and shorts here even if it's 105 degrees (that's an average summer temp for us) because its "distracting". BUT GUYS??? they wear that shit every day!!

Deleted user

Man the other day a guy in my grade had on a tank crop top and nobody said anything

but then my afab friend wore one of those flowy crop tops that's only really cropped if you raise your arms and they had to change

@berlioz

My school lets boys wear tank tops and shorts (like, short shorts) but I've seen girls get dress coded for having ripped jeans on/right above their knees. I think when that happens you either have to go home and change or shove paper down your pants to cover up your skin.
So they never want any skin showing, but at the same time if you're wearing too much clothing you'll get in trouble. I like to cover head to toe and don't mind a few jackets on, but I've been told to take off a layer because I might be hiding something. Headcoverings and hats used to not be allowed, but now only hoods are bad. The dress code has loosened up this past year, especially since the person who enforced it has a different job now.
It's still dumb tho. And unfair.

@furetakunai ac_unit

For a private school, my school actually is somewhat loose on the dress code. They just don't want stuff ostentatious (such as extremely short shorts or other things revealing the lower region, excessive show of abdomen –they consider anything above 2 inches above the belly button to be excessive–, and obviously nudity). They don't want stuff promoting gang activity, alcohol, illegal substances, violence, lewd graphics, potentially triggering content, and offensive language like curses and slurs. They're fine with head-wraps, though not so much with hoods or hats unless on a special occasion.

Otherwise, they don't really have much of a problem.

Deleted user

Ok so idk if this is correct but I remember someone telling me that they didn't want girls wearing shirts that show their shoulders because if it shows their shoulders then it's probably a tank top or some shit and apparently tank tops show to much cleavage or something like that???

(it might have been a dream though idk)

@spacebluelily language

black, white, green, and blue. shine off your natural hues - flamingo oh oh oh - if you're multi-colored that's cool too - you don't need to change - it's boring being the same - flamingo, oh oh oh, - you're pretty either way.

Deleted user

Kim by Eminem is such a good song if you don't consider the fact that it's very much about beating and murdering his ex-wife