forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :) Part 2!
Started by @Moxie group
tune

people_alt 175 followers

@Becfromthedead group

my family does t-shirt exchanges
I got my uncle, a hardcore republican
I'M GONNA GET HIM A REDNECK SHIRT WITH THE ACTUAL MEANING OF RED NECK ON IT

Have people been acting like redneck=republican or something? I saw you mention it earlier.
And while most rednecks are republican, they're far from synonymous.

Deleted user

my family does t-shirt exchanges
I got my uncle, a hardcore republican
I'M GONNA GET HIM A REDNECK SHIRT WITH THE ACTUAL MEANING OF RED NECK ON IT

Have people been acting like redneck=republican or something? I saw you mention it earlier.
And while most rednecks are republican, they're far from synonymous.

EXACTLY!!!
REDNECKS WERE COAL MINERS WHO FORMED A UNION, OFTEN BIRACIAL UNIONS!!!!
HE CALLS HIMSELF A REDNECK WHILE ALSO BEING A TRUMP SUPPORTER

@ElderGodSwimwithGamers group

Yup.
And when I show concern about my body, my mom is always like just exercise more! 🥰
And it's like… no… it's not that easy. I have no energy, I'm depressed, and exercise just makes me feel gross and bad about myself.
I used to be an athlete, actually. I was on swim team for most of my life, up until junior year of high school. I just kind of lost that energy, time, and motivation, but swimming is still the only type of exercise I even tolerate- aside from just taking a walk or something.

Oh my god yes. Exercise isn't a cure all, and it's not a viable option for everyone. I complained about back pain from sleeping on a pretty much completely broke down mattress and my mom said "yOu JuSt NeEd To ExErCiSe MoRe!!1!"
plus I use me being fat as a super unhealthy way of dealing with gender dysphoria, 10/10 do not recommend

Deleted user

I didn't know the original meaning, if I'm being honest. I mean, nowadays, it refers to "southern country folk," to most simply sum it up.

there's something that sums it up p good

@Becfromthedead group

Ooh, nice!
I just read a little bit so far, but that's good to know.
(Also v salty because a lot of people call themselves redneck when they aren't even working class)

Deleted user

My mom, forcing me to go church:
Me: dresses as gay as possibe in fishnets, a pleated skirt, a halff buttoned bright shirt, doc martens, dark makeup
My mom: supprised pikachu meme

Deleted user

Idk if this is true or not but I'm pretty sure that my friend's uncle/aunt flew her cousin to another country so that they could legally give the cousin conversion therapy and I-

@berlioz

That's horrifying. God I wish people knew more about the dangers of conversion therapy and what absolute shit it is.

@Becfromthedead group

Ah, yes. Imposter syndrome.
So basically it's a constant lingering feeling that you're a fake, that you don't do enough, or don't try hard enough, and that you're only a misstep away from being uncovered by your peers or higher-ups.
That's simplified, anyway. A lot of people experience it to some degree at some point in their lives. I know I do, for one.