forum Share things nobody asked you to share
Started by @Knight-Shives group
tune

people_alt 206 followers

Deleted user

I get that and I'm getting worse but one play with Gemma then I leave to clean

I got it

Deleted user

I have issues with the Barbie movie. But I also had to write an article on it too. So there's that.

i get little dings but never talked, you the boring person in the boring chat with the boss of this site

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

I have issues with the Barbie movie. But I also had to write an article on it too. So there's that.

What issues?
Feminism?

No, not feminism. It was the fact that it put light on the issues that women have, but never offered any ways on how to solve them. It was like yay, you're a woman! Here's your issues, see them? Happy? We acknowledge you don't have it fair, is this what you wanted? Yes good. Now we must make a Hotwheels movie. And that's my issue with it.

Deleted user

What issues?
Feminism?

No, not feminism. It was the fact that it put light on the issues that women have, but never offered any ways on how to solve them. It was like yay, you're a woman! Here's your issues, see them? Happy? We acknowledge you don't have it fair, is this what you wanted? Yes good. Now we must make a Hotwheels movie. And that's my issue with it.

thats my issue with it too

What issues?
Feminism?

Exactly. It left a feeling of being seen, but the void of nothing done about it.

@spacebluelily language

i get little dings but never talked, you the boring person in the boring chat with the boss of this site

Hwhat

Yeah we have no idea either
(and by we I mean me)

@CinnamonTheHouseplant

What issues?
Feminism?

Exactly. It left a feeling of being seen, but the void of nothing done about it.

That makes a lot of sense.

(Sorry, I just get a lot of people going on misogynistic rants about the Barbie movie, so whenever someone says they have a problem with it that's what I assume.)

It was beautifully executed, cinematics were great, and the music was very fitting. I mean come on, Barbie against the white shaded background, where you see a little bit of her color, and her shadow, and it was perfectly centered? Bro that's a hard shot to get done. and get it done well? It was fantastic. The music fit the vibe. It was, a heavy film. It did not seem to be, but it tackled hard issues. and I applaud the effort. However, acknowledging the hard issues and providing a solution, is a different story.

Hwhat

Yeah we have no idea either
(and by we I mean me)

I'm in a continuous stage of Hwhat with all the new users around.

What issues?
Feminism?

That makes a lot of sense.

(Sorry, I just get a lot of people going on misogynistic rants about the Barbie movie, so whenever someone says they have a problem with it that's what I assume.)

I get that. However instead of the misogynic issues or cis males getting pressed about it, that should be the real topic of discussion. Like seriously, Barbie literally had the chance to provide an answer, to a lot of people who were hurting and searching for an answer. And it just didn't. It filled a feeling, but left a void.

Deleted user

Maybe I'm late to this but yknow that image with something like,, "no help, just awareness"? That's what it felt like to me. fun movie just nothing sensational. not that it had to be

Maybe I'm late to this but yknow that image with something like,, "no help, just awareness"? That's what it felt like to me. fun movie just nothing sensational. not that it had to be

Yep! Ya hit the nail on the head. That's exactly how it was portrayed.

Tell me why you hate it. You can't just give an answer without explanation. Tell me why and how. What did it make you feel, and what didn't you like?
Like for me, from being a woman, I didn't like the message it said, because it didn't provide an answer to what I was seeking. From a cinematic standpoint, it was good because it executed some shots and dialogue very well.

Deleted user

due to the way they treat women your supposed to be perfect or stupid or just skinny I just I can't stand that