forum Share things nobody asked you to share
Started by @Knight-Shives group
tune

people_alt 206 followers

@Katastrophic group

public speaking tips with kat who almost died from anxiety but had to take communications anyways:

• practice until you know everything by bullet points of information, not complete sentences. It's much more natural when speaking, like having a conversation rather than a scripted presentation
  • have a friend or someone nice in the crowd (thank you one girl in third row who always smiled) that you can look at and "talk to" while looking around the room for eye contact
  • If there is a podium or table, use it. They are good for hiding behind and stabilizing any shaking or jitters
  • visual aids are great, people will look at that instead of at you
  • get rid of anything you mess with, ie. rings, long hair if you touch it, necklaces, etc. while you give ur speech
  • practice with a metronome, it helps you keep pace and not spread up
  • go first (scary af but get it over with. also teachers tend to grade easier earlier on and people are less likely to be paying attention)
  • breathe and slow down. don't focus on the people in the room, but on what you're saying.
  • worst case scenario, let the teacher know. if they're a good teacher they'll understand and work with you. you probably won't get out of speeches, but they can accommodate. anxiety and "apprehension" (as my comm teacher called it) are two different things, and one is a result of a weird chemical reaction that you have very little control over despite there being no actual risk or danger.
  • remember nobody really wants to be there and giving speeches. no one cares or will remember in a week anyways. esp in a larger class there are less people paying attention.
  • at the end of the day, everything will be okay.

@ElderGodSeeba petsbing bing 🐸

I was shit scared to do my speech but then I chugged 2 champagne glasses of lemonade and I've been fine with it since.

In conclusion, get shit faced on lemonade and pretend to be confident, it works like a charm

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

Do tell

You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain.

Can relate but that’s my week so far I’m like mid stage realization and acceptance and it honestly feels kinda comforting like I know I’m different Susan. I’m nice to everyone, but honestly if someone says you should do this more talking about my body or how I look I will burn everything down. Laughing amidst the flames.

@Space group

Y'all ever walk into fluorescent lighting and have a mental breakdown because the harsh lighting shows all your flaws and makes you look ugly as crap?

@Space group

Oooh quick question: Anyone have video suggestions for my youtube channel? I've learned a lot more and I've gotten more confident so I think I'm ready to really get into my channel without the cringe xd