forum Share things nobody asked you to share
Started by @Knight-Shives group
tune

people_alt 206 followers

@EtherealDreamer

AIGHT BUCKLE UP BROS ITS ABOUT TO GO DOWN-

ASK YOUR QUESTIONS, I WILL BE YOUR ORACLE

I'm actually into Greek mythology too! Although, all my knowledge comes from the Percy Jackson series, so I may not be totally right on some things.

mine also comes from mostly Percy Jackson, but for the most part, im just here to listen :)

@EtherealDreamer

I've actually never read Percy Jackson. I've always wondered; how do they portray Zeus?

as an egotistical 'ruler of all gods' kind of thing

@LiteralCyborg group

I've actually never read Percy Jackson. I've always wondered; how do they portray Zeus?

Hmm… moderately close then.

Hellenic pantheon Zeus was a DOUCHE BAG. You may know about this already, but almost all of the Greek heroes you read about (Heracles, Achilles, Perseus, etc.) are directly related to Zeus, with them usually being his children. He also fathered a whole bunch of major and minor gods, only two of them with his own wife.

Here's a quick list of some of Zeus's children in the pantheon:
Athena, Artemis, Apollo, Hermes, Dionysus, Ares, Hephaestus, and sometimes, Aphrodite and Persephone.

(TW: sexual assault)
Still don't believe me? Let's talk about that one time Zeus disguised himself as Artemis and tried to seduce Callisto, a lesbian nymph and follower of Artemis. Of course, upon discovering Zeus's true identity, she tried to get away from him. I think you can guess what happened next, as she became pregnant not long after, forcing her to stop following Artemis because she was a strictly virgin goddess and all of her huntresses followed suit.
Zeus was also Callisto's great-grandfather.

So, yeah. Zeus's f*ckin sucks.

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

Btw, is anyone here remotely familiar with Greek mythology? I'm a bit of a mythos nerd and I'd love to discuss, anything from the Trojan War to increasingly specific minor gods and nymphs.

I used to be super into Greek mythology!! I started reading Percy Jackson in second grade and didn't look back for a solid 3 years lmao, I'm not as obsessed with it now as I was then, but I'm still familiar! I also know a bit of Norse mythology after my English teacher recommended Neil Gaiman's book on it, I really enjoyed that book and might do a reread soon!

@EtherealDreamer

Hmm… moderately close then.

Hellenic pantheon Zeus was a DOUCHE BAG. You may know about this already, but almost all of the Greek heroes you read about (Heracles, Achilles, Perseus, etc.) are directly related to Zeus, with them usually being his children. He also fathered a whole bunch of major and minor gods, only two of them with his own wife.

Here's a quick list of some of Zeus's children in the pantheon:
Athena, Artemis, Apollo, Hermes, Dionysus, Ares, Hephaestus, and sometimes, Aphrodite and Persephone.

(TW: sexual assault)
Still don't believe me? Let's talk about that one time Zeus disguised himself as Artemis and tried to seduce Callisto, a lesbian nymph and follower of Artemis. Of course, upon discovering Zeus's true identity, she tried to get away from him. I think you can guess what happened next, as she became pregnant not long after, forcing her to stop following Artemis because she was a strictly virgin goddess and all of her huntresses followed suit.
Zeus was also Callisto's great-grandfather.

So, yeah. Zeus's f*ckin sucks.

Zeus can suck my pee pee

@LiteralCyborg group

On a lighter note: lets talk about Achilles and Patroclus!

I'm guessing most of y'all know who Achilles is, but just in case;
Achilles is the demigod hero of the Trojan War who went berserk towards the end and just tore his way through the Trojan forces in a murderous rage. Like, he DEMOLISHED them. He's also the one who supposedly died after getting arrowed in the heel, hence "Achilles' Heel".

Patroclus is the reason Achilles went on a murder rampage. The two of them were SUPER close and so when Patroclus died, Achilles created the "anguished person who's been holding back breaks when companion dies and goes on a murder rampage at full power to avenge their death" trope.

Now, I must ask you unbiased folk;
Is it gay to slaughter an entire kingdom's worth of soldiers in a grief-stricken rampage after your homie dies and then ask your men to put your ashes in the same urn as your bro so you can be together in death as well as life?

@EtherealDreamer

On a lighter note: lets talk about Achilles and Patroclus!

I'm guessing most of y'all know who Achilles is, but just in case;
Achilles is the demigod hero of the Trojan War who went berserk towards the end and just tore his way through the Trojan forces in a murderous rage. Like, he DEMOLISHED them. He's also the one who supposedly died after getting arrowed in the heel, hence "Achilles' Heel".

Patroclus is the reason Achilles went on a murder rampage. The two of them were SUPER close and so when Patroclus died, Achilles created the "anguished person who's been holding back breaks when companion dies and goes on a murder rampage at full power to avenge their death" trope.

Now, I must ask you unbiased folk;
Is it gay to slaughter an entire kingdom's worth of soldiers in a grief-stricken rampage after your homie dies and then ask your men to put your ashes in the same urn as your bro so you can be together in death as well as life?

yes.

@FanfictionFanatic-The-Elder group

All I really remember about Greek mythology was Zeus kidnapped a dude and forced him to be a wine serve, The story Penelope and the pomegranates, and Hercules

I think you mean Persephone… Though I’ve never heard of the wine servant story.

@NotSoBeautifulDiseaster group

All I really remember about Greek mythology was Zeus kidnapped a dude and forced him to be a wine serve, The story Penelope and the pomegranates, and Hercules

I think you mean Persephone… Though I’ve never heard of the wine servant story.

Thanks for reminding, Also the wine story is about Ganymede, which I learned when researching about moons for a project

Deleted user

The only knowledge of Greek Mythology I have is from the 4th grade, so basically, I know like 3% of Greek Mythology

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Btw, is anyone here remotely familiar with Greek mythology? I'm a bit of a mythos nerd and I'd love to discuss, anything from the Trojan War to increasingly specific minor gods and nymphs.

Bruh if there are gays and theatre nerds you can bet there will be Greek kids.

@Mojack group

Shared this in rudeness, I’m sharing it here too

(Site used was imgflip)

Feel free to utilize the template for your own uses

@SupernaturalSyGuyIsTIred group

I have yet to be vaccinated against Covid, and I do wear a mask. However, I don't always wear it. If I'm in a smaller store where there isn't heavy people traffic I won't wear one; a larger store such as Wal-Mart is where I'll wear one.