forum Share things nobody asked you to share
Started by @Knight-Shives group
tune

people_alt 206 followers

@Relsey-TheElder

Well it's only Midnight here but, I have been there.
Currently I am debating whether or not I should vent more about my trashy home life to friend who repeatedly tells me I can always talk to them about anything. Because this person knows my family but they also know me and they know I am a very dramatic individual and I'm always afraid that the very very good outward appearance my parents put on is going to out way anything I say because I'm a modern day Marianne (It's a Sense and Sensibility reference).
If they were any less good at fooling everyone including themselves that they were fabulous parents with a great family I wouldn't hesitate but they are so darn good at it.
Any way, It's fine, I only have a few more months. And I have a sibling or two I can talk to about it so I'm fine.

@tungsten fastfood

Not that bad lol
Any notes lower than a C won't come out. Ig some of the keys are sticking

If the keys are sticking you need to get the pads replaced. Don’t go to Music and Arts; they will ruin your intrument.

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

bleh good luck then. a flute in my section got their pads replaced and it came back completely fucked.

The guy I trust to fix my flute replaced the pads that needed to be replaced. He replaces them himself, and he's been doing it for at least 25 years. I trust him and no one else πŸ˜‚

@tungsten fastfood

Same here, it seems they are especially talented in fucking up flutes XD

pfft it may be different for clarinets then lmao. that person had to get a entirely new flute

@Relsey-TheElder

Soo, Uh,
Had a 5 hour conversation with my sister. She is the only one of us who has been able to go to therapy and, well that's how I found out about Narcissistic Parenting, and also that it's what my mother does. Also that it is the core of most of my life problems. Um, Also that like, all of my reactions to stuff and like some stuff is actually like Trauma. Was anyone going to tell me that it's not normal to start uncontrollably shaking when you talk about negative experiences, or like mention a persons name, or a situation or a subject. No one?

@Rainy_is_back

Hey, just popping in. One, is there anything I can do to help, Space?
And two, it finally snowed, after two years! I'm happy, even though I still have class.

@Space group

Dang, I wish we could go two years without snow XD Indiana weather is crazy

The whole situation in band is just about a bunch of guys (who are friends with my jerk ex) that were saying stuff about me. The main thing was that my chest was too flat, my body wasn't feminine enough, and I was too skinny.
Can we all just agree that society's beauty standards are stupid af? Specifically for women. We can't be expected to look like super models 24/7 we're human! And if your body is even slightly off (not curvey enough, too skinny, etc) then you are automatically considered unacceptable. We shouldn't have to feel ugly in our own bodies just because society has its idea of a perfect person. Let's face it. None of us are perfect or ever will be, so why do you keep pushing us and making us feel like trash? Your ideals are completely unrealistic.

@Pizzaz11 group

Omfg that must be so annoying, Space!! Society's beauty standards are just totally stupid, don't listen to those jerks. Everyone is pretty in their own way, and people shouldn't expect every woman to be top notch gorgeous because that doesnt happen in real life. We're here for you space, hang in there!

@Rainy_is_back

Aha, thanks, Winter!

That's honestly awful. But I just want to point out something; the beauty standard is constantly changing. So what's considered the most attractive right now, will probably have changed a dozen times in the next thirty or so years. People's minds and opinions change all the time. I know it's hard, I'm no good at doing it myself if I'm being honest, but you honestly just have to ignore what people want. Appearance-wise, at least. The "beauty standards" are literally so faulty, because they change too often. There's no way anyone could keep up.
So whatever people are telling you to be, is really stupid. Don't try to please people who never want to try and please you.
I probably could have worded that better, but oh well.