forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

I tried to make macarons once. It went really bad

do you have any tips for how to not heck them up?
all it took was one bite to realize I have to learn to make these before I die

@Pickles group

I tried to make macarons once. It went really bad

do you have any tips for how to not heck them up?
all it took was one bite to realize I have to learn to make these before I die

Make sure you have the RIGHT ingredients (don't use normal almonds from the freezer yes I said freezer, don't ask instead of blanched almonds), look up what something means if you don't know instead of trying to guess, I would say watch videos but I did that so I'm not sure it'll save you

@Moxie group

I HAVE TIPS
Its best if you use a kitchen scale to measure your ingredients. Using regular American units of measurement doesn't work well. If you don't have a kitchen scale, just follow the recipe you use and use slightly less. Like if it says to do a cup, I just measure out a cup and then take out just a little. Its not perfect but it worked for me.
Make sure you let them dry out for a while when they've been piped out on the pan before you bake them. Super important. It should take at least an hour. You should be able to run your finger across the top without the cookie smudging at all. And put them on parchment paper.
I blend my dry ingredients in a food processor and I sift them a few times with a sifter before I mix in the wet ingredients
Don't overmix it, but don't undermix it (they're really tricky lol). You should be able to pick up some batter with your spatula and make a figure 8 in the bowl

@Anemone eco

There's someone that I'm semi-scared doesn't like me, but of course, I'm too much of a coward to actually ask them because I'm afraid they'll say yes.

@Pickles group

There's someone that I'm semi-scared doesn't like me, but of course, I'm too much of a coward to actually ask them because I'm afraid they'll say yes.

I kinda wanna know who

@Sleep-deprived-and-Stupid group

I kinda wanna know who

Who do I have to kill?

@Anemone eco

I kinda wanna know who

Who do I have to kill?

No one. Nevermind. I'm just (most likely) overthinking things. Sorry for saying anything.

@Pickles group

I kinda wanna know who

Who do I have to kill?

No one. Nevermind. I'm just (most likely) overthinking things. Sorry for saying anything.

I still wanna know

Deleted user

I'm failing my fucking online classes and I want to die

@Anemone eco

I'm failing my fucking online classes and I want to die

Are you failing due to a lack of understanding? Or are you failing due to a lack of doing?

Deleted user

I wanna go to wonderland anyone else?

…is your pfp an aphmau skin?

yes

Deleted user

No, but because I constantly get injured, I have an ankle brace that usually takes away the pain pretty quickly.

throwback to that time I hurt my ankle, had to leave school because I couldn't walk, and went to the doctor's, where they thought it was fractured but it was actually just one of the worst sprains they'd seen. I could barely walk, in a giant ankle brace, for two weeks. And it still hurt when I sat down.

@HighPockets group

No, but because I constantly get injured, I have an ankle brace that usually takes away the pain pretty quickly.

throwback to that time I hurt my ankle, had to leave school because I couldn't walk, and went to the doctor's, where they thought it was fractured but it was actually just one of the worst sprains they'd seen. I could barely walk, in a giant ankle brace, for two weeks. And it still hurt when I sat down.

The opposite happened to my sister; they thought she had a sprained ankle when she had actually broken her leg super close to the ankle.

Deleted user

Mir you have a whole pinterest board of injury stuff use that

tis what I'm using :D