forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

Deleted user

An actual conversation I just had:

My mom: Enters my room Hey, can I use this container?
Me: Yeah, go ahead.
My mom: What's wrong?
Me: Nothing, I'm alright! Do I seem off?
My mom: What are you doing?
Me: I'm writing right now.
My mom: Rolls her eyes, sighs dramatically, walks out and slams my door
Me, through the door: What did I do wrong?
Me: What did I do wrong, let me know so I can fix it.
My mom: Oh, you're perfect, Miriam.

Does anybody see something I said that could have offended her??
Because I genuinely want to know

Deleted user

ooooOOOOH MY GOOOOOOOOD ASH WHAT DID YOU DO

@Pickles group

i need my parents to come home soon, i love grandma so much but if i eat one more bite im gonna explode, stop giving me more ice cream-

What a horrible problem

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

like i’ve been fed cereal with whole milk, a banana, three fazoli’s breadsticks, nearly an entire can of abc spaghettios, some coleslaw, a McApple pie, one and a half sundae cups filled to the brim with vanilla ice cream, a peanut butter cup, some twizzlers, and we haven’t even had dessert yet

there’s still so much food

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

she just asked if we wanted a snack before dinner and my siblings said yes
now there’s chex mix too
and soon there will be multiple croissant sandwiches
and rainbow sherbet
and a whole lot of fruit with marshmallow dip
and possibly more chocolate
please, grandma i’m begging you please stop
i know i could just not eat it but that would be rude

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

i’m kind of known to be a bottomless pit but lately i’ve been eating a lot less, for healthy reasons
and oh boy
doubling your calorie intake in one day with entirely junk after months of water and salad does not feel good

Deleted user

Are there any people of color here who'd be cool with letting me ask them some questions about writing African American hair?

Deleted user

Are there any people of color here who'd be cool with letting me ask them some questions about writing African American hair?

I mean
I'll try my best so go ahead

Okay, lit!

1. Does heat affect the hair at all? I have a character who has an Afro, and it's summer. It gets pretty hot. So, like, would heat mess with the volume, or just in general, would it do anything?
  2. How long does it take to dry after washing it?
  3. Does it hurt to detangle it, since it's pretty tightly curled?

I don't know anything about this lmao.

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

1. Does heat affect the hair at all? I have a character who has an Afro, and it's summer. It gets pretty hot. So, like, would heat mess with the volume, or just in general, would it do anything?

I actually don't know, I'll look into it more, if you'd like, but humidity makes it frizz. A lot.

2 . How long does it take to dry after washing it?

I usually wash it at night, and if you wear a cap to sleep and twist it into sections(which you absolutely should unless you want a matted mess), then it's still damp by the morning. Without blow-drying it, I'd say about three-ish hours if you leave it alone and keep it free.

3 . Does it hurt to detangle it, since it's pretty tightly curled?

Yes. If you get good products and detangle it more frequently, it'll hurt way less. Some people have tougher scalps than me, so I'm just speaking from my own experience.