forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

@Anemone eco

I don't really see anything wrong with how my name's spelled, except for the fact that it is material for people to butcher upon sight.

@HighPockets group

My first name: I'd say it's rare. I've never met anyone else who has it. Gets pronounced "Mare-ee-um" all the time, which I hate (it's actually 'Mee-Ree-um.')
My middle name: Spelt like a somewhat common American middle name and pronounced completely differently. It's my German grandmother's name. I used to mispell it when I was younger.
Last name #1: Literally starts with 'Mr' because it's German and vowels can be next to each other without it being wrong. Never pronounced right.
Last name #2: Usually also pronounced wrong because 'Tre' is pronounced 'Tree,' which is kinda dumb since there's no second e.

Huh, I've always heard it as "mee-ree-um". I get called "ee-vee" all the time, but that makes sense since most people do go by that and not "eh-vee". Still annoying though. I also go with "ay-va" as opposed to "ee-va".

@Kie group

I don't really see anything wrong with how my name's spelled, except for the fact that it is material for people to butcher upon sight.

Very well. I'd assume it's said kinda like Zacha-rhea upon sight so I guess that's what you mean?

@HighPockets group

I think it's cool, but it's got to be annoying to have people butcher it so often.

Deleted user

I had a slight speech impediment when I was younger so in kindergarten until like second grade, I said Miriam wrong myself. I've also been called Moriah and Maybell.

@HighPockets group

My name's been pronounced Mee-uh, and May-uh
And don't get me started on spelling
Mia
Maia
Maiya
Maiyah
Mya

I had a teacher who spelled my name "Evey"

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

I had a slight speech impediment when I was younger so in kindergarten until like second grade, I said Miriam wrong myself. I've also been called Moriah and Maybell.

Maybell?
Fun Fact: My name was going to be Mabel, then my family laughed at my parents so they changed it

@Pickles group

I know two Mariah/Moriahs and I hate them both with a passion

@Anemone eco

I think it's cool, but it's got to be annoying to have people butcher it so often.

Thanks. It really is though. I used to have my first name butchered too, though eventually, I managed to negotiate my way into getting it changed when I was younger.

@HighPockets group

I know a Mariah, she's a bit annoying and boring but tolerable.

@Anemone eco

@CrackpipeDreamer
You literally have one of the sexiest middle names ever.. damn it why

Oh, thank you. I appreciate the compliment.

@Pickles group

I'd like to make a trade

@HighPockets group

I'd like to make a trade

Lol

Deleted user

Josie-phyne or Josie-fine is the most common way people manage to butcher my name.

I have the German version of your name.

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

Mmm talking about first names reminds me of a summer school kid who I hate with all my heart.

That just reminded me of a kid I met at a summer camp who I despise with a passion

@Anemone eco

Honestly, I felt really bad for this one girl I knew. Her name was a really weird spelling of 'Alexandria'. Her mom just really wanted something original.

Deleted user

Josie-phyne or Josie-fine is the most common way people manage to butcher my name.

Josefine?!

Mmhmm. Pronounced Yo-seh-fee-neh.

@HighPockets group

Josefine?!

Mmhmm. Pronounced Yo-seh-fee-neh.

That's so pretty I-