forum Don't Be Suspicious
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 113 followers

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Uhh so at my church communion just kinda represents Jesus's body and blood. We don't actually believe that it is his actual literal body and blood. Like why would you even do that? That's not even what happened in the Bible. Pretty sure its just something unnecessarily creepy the Catholic church made up and I really don't vibe with it. I don't think it would bring anyone closer to God so like.. Why.

This is long. And remember, this is me attacking only what you say, and I bear you no ill will.

Because Jesus said in the Bible, "Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him. Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me" (John 6:54-57).

Here's this bit from Corinthians. "Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. Let a man examine himself, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment upon himself." It also ends with "this is the reason many of you are sick and dying."

From Mathew 26 "Jesus took some bread, and after a blessing, He broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, "Take, eat; this is My body." And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you; for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins."

John 6. "And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst… …I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me…Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it? When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?…From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life."

I think that's enough for the examples for this part.

Your opinion or feelings on something have no bearing on the truth or validity of that thing. I definitely don't like all of Christianity.

Well, according to the old church, (first off, the Eucharist is the body of Christ) it does.

Deleted user

I was asking for a pickup line to test my man Dommy

Girl, you must be powdered sugar because you are just so sweet and fine.

I'M IN TEARS

Y'all need to chill. There's like, one branch of Catholicism that thinks that it turns into him in your mouth. In your mouth. One. They aren't chopping people up and eating them. And other Christians do it too. It's symbolism. Because before Jesus was killed he was like, "do this to remember me." So we do. Ain't hard to understand

*All of the church until 1000 or so.

*Nah it's beforehand.

@Moxie group

Uhh so at my church communion just kinda represents Jesus's body and blood. We don't actually believe that it is his actual literal body and blood. Like why would you even do that? That's not even what happened in the Bible. Pretty sure its just something unnecessarily creepy the Catholic church made up and I really don't vibe with it. I don't think it would bring anyone closer to God so like.. Why.

This is long. And remember, this is me attacking only what you say, and I bear you no ill will.

Because Jesus said in the Bible, "Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him. Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me" (John 6:54-57).

Here's this bit from Corinthians. "Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. Let a man examine himself, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment upon himself." It also ends with "this is the reason many of you are sick and dying."

From Mathew 26 "Jesus took some bread, and after a blessing, He broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, "Take, eat; this is My body." And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you; for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins."

John 6. "And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst… …I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me…Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it? When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?…From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life."

Your opinion or feelings on something have no bearing on the truth or validity of that thing. I definitely don't like all of Christianity.

Well, according to the old church, (first off, the Eucharist is the body of Christ) it does.

I think … those are a lot of metaphors that the church is taking too seriously

@Anemone eco

Honestly though, this made me laugh. Truly hilarious.

@Moxie group

I'M IN TEARS

Homebrew, that one.

That was amazing

I think … those are a lot of metaphors that the church is taking too seriously

You forget some important things. When people are like "Eat your flesh???" Jesus is like "Well you gotta deal because I aint changing it." And then people left and he looked to his apostles and was like "You guys gonna leave too?"
Also you didn't address that the old church believed this stuff.

Deleted user

God what a sentence to write. I have to save that. Im fucking dying

@Pickles group

Y'all need to chill. There's like, one branch of Catholicism that thinks that it turns into him in your mouth. In your mouth. One. They aren't chopping people up and eating them. And other Christians do it too. It's symbolism. Because before Jesus was killed he was like, "do this to remember me." So we do. Ain't hard to understand

*All of the church until 1000 or so.

*Nah it's beforehand.

Yeah well

Oh my b

I still wanna know why Jesus wanted people to eat him.

He's God. He asks us to do a lot of crazy things. Back in the day he made a law that all the Jews had to wash hands before eating. And that turned out to be the perfect thing to do. God sometimes says stuff that doesn't make sense but turns out to be right.

@Moxie group

You forget some important things. When people are like "Eat your flesh???" Jesus is like "Well you gotta deal because I aint changing it." And then people left and he looked to his apostles and was like "You guys gonna leave too?"

What book and what chapter?

You are correct, I did not

What book and what chapter?

You are correct, I did not

Are you going to?