forum Don't Be Suspicious
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 113 followers

Deleted user

Ughhhhh I'm like 99% sure that I'll have to stay home sick tomorrow and I don't want to :(
But I've been coughing and sneezing all day, and I just started shaking for no reason so yeah.

Haha I have tomorrow off get rekt

I have off this upcoming Friday

Me too!! Is is a Wisco thing? Like, do we all have the day off?

@HighPockets group

Ughhhhh I'm like 99% sure that I'll have to stay home sick tomorrow and I don't want to :(
But I've been coughing and sneezing all day, and I just started shaking for no reason so yeah.

I would assume so, but I honestly have no clue why. President's day is tomorrow (and we usually don't have that one off anyways), and it's not the end of the quarter either.

Deleted user

I would assume so, but I honestly have no clue why. President's day is tomorrow (and we usually don't have that one off anyways), and it's not the end of the quarter either.

Exactly… Hm.

Deleted user

I have Monday and Friday off as well. Sooooooooooooo idk if it's a Wisconsin thing

Deleted user

This drama about Latin is hilarious considering that it is a dead language an no one really knows how to speak it.

Deleted user

This drama about Latin is hilarious considering that it is a dead language an no one really knows how to speak it.

exactly.

@Fraust

I'm taking Latin but no one is conversational at all in my class
I'm actually pretty decent at it, but I couldn't tell you guys your names or anything because I simply haven't learned how to do that
We have a really bad system lmao

Deleted user

Most names are actually the same in other languages too.

My birth name derives from the Latin ‘Aemilia

Amelia?

Deleted user

Most names are actually the same in other languages too.

My birth name derives from the Latin ‘Aemilia

Amelia?

No

May I ask what it is?

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

This conversation inspired me to do some name googling, mainly to see if my/siblings names had any Latin origins
I didn’t find much, but apparently my name can either mean “beautiful fairy woman” in English or “other” in German and for some reason that’s really funny to me

@HighPockets group

ANYWAYS the history and meaning of names is something that's fascinated me for a while, to the point where I have lists of the meanings of my characters' first and middle names.

Deleted user

Mine means "bitter one" and "sea of sorrow" lmao.

Also "rebellion."

In conclusion, my name's definition is too accurate.

Deleted user

ANYWAYS the history and meaning of names is something that's fascinated me for a while, to the point where I have lists of the meanings of my characters' first and middle names.

Me too!!
I can only think of one time I named a character something for any reason other than the meaning lmao

@RedTheLoveless

While we are on the subject of names, my birth name is a rough translation of "angel" because my parents were told that they couldn't concieve a kid and then after 7 years of trying out I popped

Deleted user

While we are on the subject of names, my birth name is a rough translation of "angel" because my parents were told that they couldn't concieve a kid and then after 7 years of trying out I popped

Awwwww!!

@HighPockets group

Most of my names are either allusions, names I like, or unintentionally fitting (Therese meaning "to reap" when she's a sniper, Winifred meaning "blessed peacemaking" when she's the one thing stopping an all-out war, etc.)
Also some are unintentionally ironic, like Beatrix meaning "she who brings happiness" when she's a hitman

@HighPockets group

Ahhhh that's so wholesome!