forum Don't Be Suspicious
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 113 followers

@HighPockets group

It basically means that you're not sexually attracted to someone without forming a deep emotional connection first. So while an allo person might see a stranger, think "oh, they're hot", and have a one night stand or might not, a demi person wouldn't feel sexually attracted to them in the first place. So an allo person doesn't need a connection to be sexually attracted to someone, even if they wouldn't necessarily have sex with them. A demi person doesn't feel that attraction at all.
I hope that makes sense? I have multiple demi characters and since demi is part of the ace spectrum, so I will defend it because at the end of the day, you aren't allowed to decide what labels are and are not valid bc that's a personal decision that depends on the person, and demi is a lot more than just 'having morals' :)

@croccin-champagne

demisexuality as i've heard it explained is like….you can only experience sexual attraction at all, towards someone you Know. like, you just don't feel it unless you know the person. whereas a lot of people i know will be like 'i'd let him do anything to me' or other slightly gross things about strangers, you don't get that, and would only even want sex with someone you know super well. i'm not the best at explaining it, and i can see why it makes not a lot of sense, but at least it's not rabies-fucking so

@HighPockets group

dsdshjdshj jyn gets it

I did a lot of research on the aro/ace spectrums while I was figuring out my sexuality, and also research for stories and stuff bc a lot of my characters are on the ace spectrums and a good handful are demi!

@HighPockets group

demisexuality as i've heard it explained is like….you can only experience sexual attraction at all, towards someone you Know. like, you just don't feel it unless you know the person. whereas a lot of people i know will be like 'i'd let him do anything to me' or other slightly gross things about strangers, you don't get that, and would only even want sex with someone you know super well. i'm not the best at explaining it, and i can see why it makes not a lot of sense, but at least it's not rabies-fucking so

If I ever hear the phrases 'rabiosexual' and 'rabioromantic' ever again I'm yeeting Tumblr off a cliff.

Deleted user

The thing that I don't understand is why it's a sexuality. Being gay, straight, bi, asexual, I can all understand that. But demisexual doesn't seem like one to me

Now, if you consider yourself demisexual, I have no issue with it. While I did criticize it in a previous point, I realize that was me going back on a statement I had made about deciding what it right or wrong, and I apologize for that. But what makes it a sexuality?

@HighPockets group

The thing that I don't understand is why it's a sexuality. Being gay, straight, bi, asexual, I can all understand that. But demisexual doesn't seem like one to me

Now, if you consider yourself demisexual, I have no issue with it. While I did criticize it in a previous point, I realize that was me going back on a statement I had made about deciding what it right or wrong, and I apologize for that. But what makes it a sexuality?

Because it's about sexual attraction, and how and when you feel it, therefore making it a sexuality. As an asexual, I don't feel sexual attraction to anyone. Heterosexuals only feel sexual attraction to someone of the opposite gender, homosexuals only feel sexual attraction to someone of the same gender, and demisexuals only feel sexual attraction to people they have a strong emotional bond with (not fully allosexual or asexual, hence the demi suffix).

Deleted user

Ah, well, it's starting to make more sense, I suppose. Thank you for your patience with me, I was raised in a household where things like that weren't really allowed

@HighPockets group

Ah, well, it's starting to make more sense, I suppose. Thank you for your patience with me, I was raised in a household where things like that weren't really allowed

No problem, I was too. I've just happened to do a lot of research on different sexualities to know how to accurately portray them in my stories!

Deleted user

hehe damn Jyn coming into clutch. Sorry I wasn’t here to explain cus I’m also ace, but Jyn got like, all of it.

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

Examples of the things I was talking about

Parvusgender
"A gender that is microscopic, but infinite. This gender can go along with pixelgenders or comgenders."

Gerontosexuality
"The attraction exclusively to elderly people."

Deleted user

MY HISTORY TEACHER CAN BURN IN HELL

GRANTED I'LL SEE HIM THERE, BECAUSE I HAVE A KINGDOM TO RUN DOWN THERE, BUT STILL