forum Don't Be Suspicious
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 113 followers

Deleted user

Well damn, now I have people who know about my plans for world domination. And I thought nobody would suspect a woman like me!

But seriously. Gender doesn't matter. However, most of the time acts like these, especially rape, are committed by men. While we're discussing gender, I need an argument to prove that trans/generally genderqueer individuals are valid because… my dad. And Pride. And arguing. Soooo… help?

There've been genderqueer identities all the way back in time to ancient Egyptian mythology in case he pulls the whole "they're faking it for attention" card.

Two of the greatest Pharaohs in history were women! But they refused to conform that women were less than men so they just straight up took the title (in the case of Cleopatra) and one claimed to have a male ka, so in reality she was truly male (in the case of Hatsheput).

It's also inferred the Nefertiti never actually was murdered, instead she took up the title of Pharaoh as a man after her husband died (was murdered)

That's pretty badass

I aggressively stan my Egyptian Queens.

Coolio. But I did try something like that by bringing up the myth of Asu-Shu-Namir and it didn't end well.

Mortals aren't ready for the truth

Deleted user

The previous conversation has me curious anyone want to talk sexual assault and the like?

We can all agree that rape is bad, so let's not waste time arguing about pish posh like that.
I'm talking about like what constitutes it and looking to see everyone's views on the #MeToo movement, Harry Weinstein, Brock Turner, etc etc.

Or we can just skip it for those of you that dare not enter the real world.

Deleted user

Well, that was rude.

But that's the point isn't it?

Deleted user

I'm down to talk about it
But be ready for me to unleash my full-fledged raging feminism

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

Things I’ve learned from this so far:

Anyone who doesn’t want to debate a sensitive topic just doesn’t want to deal with the real world.

Absolutely wonderful insight.

Deleted user

I'll listen, I guess. I don't think I have enough experience behind the movements behind sexual assault yet.

Deleted user

Things I’ve learned from this so far:

Anyone who doesn’t want to debate a sensitive topic just doesn’t want to deal with the real world.

Absolutely wonderful insight.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or serious.

I'd rather not debate this, okay? Let's all just find something else to bitch over!

@Trix

You don't have to debate it if you don't want to. Like Emi, I'll listen since I don't have enough understanding of the topic to properly argue.

Deleted user

I just have difficulty discussing rape. It's a… difficult topic for me personally, even if it isn't for you.

Deleted user

I just have difficulty discussing rape. It's a… difficult topic for me personally, even if it isn't for you.

{I don't mean this to be rude or offensive} If we do end up starting a conversation about it, you could always sit out. And if you wanna talk, we'd all be willing to listen :) <3

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or serious.

Sarcastic.

I’ve been trying to avoid drama/debates as much as possible lately. I’ve noticed that I’ve become a lot angrier, more judgmental, and an overall worse person to be around since I started getting involved in that stuff, so I’m taking a break to see if that helps at all. I know full well that there are many other reasons why someone wouldn’t want to debate other than “they don’t want to deal with the real world”.

Deleted user

I love how everyone gets offended over something I meant as a joke, as per usual.

Deleted user

Let's just forget that I brought up a real issue that people have thoughts on and have experienced first hand and is very much relevant to today's world.
Let's nit-pick what I said instead of having a conversation like civilized people.

Deleted user

Sparky- I'm sorry this is such a sensitive subject for you. You do not have to participate if you don't like, but I would still stick around to see what others have to say. In case it makes you feel better about speaking what's on your mind. :) You may find others that think/feel similarly.

Of course, you don't have to! I understand how it can be extremely triggering.

@Pickles group

Oh God please help me.
My dad was gone for two days, and is leaving again tonight for another two nights, so he decided to get all his puns in now…
HALP

"What's black and white and red all over?"
"A newspaper…. That one's really old."
"No. The dead skunk on the side of the road."

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

Mood

I was talking to you.

-_-
I knew you didn’t actually mean it.

Oh gosh I really need to stop using sarcasm because I am clearly very bad at it if it can be misinterpreted two completely opposite ways…

Oh God please help me.
My dad was gone for two days, and is leaving again tonight for another two nights, so he decided to get all his puns in now…
HALP

I dunno about you but that sounds amazing, puns are the best