forum Don't Be Suspicious
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 113 followers

Deleted user

Oh there was this other one that I read that completely made me feel horrible….but for the life of me I cannot remember what it was.

@HighPockets group

So I thought that those Dear America books would be nice, American Girl style books
They are not
Don't get me wrong, I really love a lot of them but damn
The Triangle Shirtwaist Factory one messed me up good when I was in 6th grade and first read it.

Deleted user

What do you speak of?

The book It. You know…the child-eating clown?

Deleted user

OH

It. Totally fucked me over for days.

so was it good?

Yes….No….? It makes you SUPER uncomfortable. I literally couldn't stop thinking about it for days and now the movie is everywhere.

7/10 would recommend to read if you are okay with being weirded out by humanity.

@HighPockets group

What do you speak of?

The book It. You know…the child-eating clown?

Ahhhh, I remember the killer clown freak out. There was one in Green Bay, if I recall correctly. Maybe it was Racine.

Deleted user

There was a clown that chilled outside of my apartment building for a few days. He didn't bother anyone, just stood there, freaking everyone out.

@HighPockets group

The Clownpocalypse was great. I read somewhere that one happens every like twenty or so years though, so…

Well, Pennywise does kill kids every 27 years…….coincedence?

Deleted user

But interesting topic. Creepiest local myths!

(anyone know the actual word for that? it's on the tip of my tongue?)

Deleted user

Thank you Pickles. I actually really appreciate that. For some reason my mind was supplying it in spanish and then having a hard time translating it.

@croccin-champagne

I don't know any super local ones, but

Washington: The 13 Steps to Hell
Why it’s creepy: Basically the opposite of the Zeppelin song, the Maltby Cemetery – itself the subject of rumors associating it with satanism – is rumored to include a subterranean tomb for a really creepy rich family that could be accessed by 13 steps that led to their final resting place. Or the final resting place of every damned soul in history, as legend has it that descending the entire staircase led you to glimpse hell itself.
Where it came from: The cemetery’s been around since 1901, though the crypt itself’s date has been lost to time… as have the stairs themselves, which have been bulldozed and covered in concrete. That hasn’t stopped curious paranormal masochists from trespassing on the secluded private property, allegedly showing up at the cemetery at night eager to unearth it via nocturnal excavation missions… and being greeted by the cemetery’s other apparitions. – AK

@croccin-champagne

I-
I was looking for more Urban Legends in WA, and I found this one, and the picture attached…
One of the sailors looks strangely like Zac Effron?

Deleted user

Zeffron is kinda of a creepy dude not going to lie. I'd probably freak out if I saw him in a dark alley

@HighPockets group

Okay so:

• There's the Beast of Bray Road in Elkhorn, which is a werewolf
  • There's a sea monster in Lake Winnebago
  • There's also a monster in Devil's Lake (and there's an ungodly amount of water snakes too)
  • There's also my personal favorite the hodag, a confirmed hoax but awesome monster nonetheless
  • The Highway 12 Hitchhiker, a guy in an army jacket who stands on the highway and tries to hitchhike. When people drive past and look back, he's gone.
  • There's supposedly an isolated road in Steven's Point that's haunted by the ghosts of a dead boy scout troop
  • Steven's Point also has a ghost bride who stands on the side of the road wanting to be picked up, and if you look back, she's on the back of your car
  • And apparently there's a bridge where a family crashed and died, and you can hear the youngest girl's voice over the radio, crying for her mom
  • And there's all of the trolls who live in Mt. Horeb
  • One time a psychic predicted a mass murder at UW Madison on Halloween, so students were told to stay inside. 12 didn't and were murdered
  • There's supposedly been an alien sighting in Antigo
  • Oh, and the Slenderman-inspired murder happened in WI too