forum Debate. Debate. Debate.
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 109 followers

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

Friendly reminder that the right to protest is a fundamental American right <3

Exactly! That's why I love America!

Yeah, how is protesting when you're being shot at, sprayed, and gases. Sure you can protest, but that doesn't mean the government is going to play nice.

EXACTLY. The government can't take away those rights but there's nothing stopping them from punishing and discouraging you however they can, legally or illegally in some cases.

ALSO
Can we also talk about the Michigan protests where white men with guns stormed the capital building and spit in the faces of police officers?
Where were the bullets and tear gas then?

Oh my gold WHAT time to go look that up holy pumpkins

(You didn't see that on the news when white people were PROTESTING THE CORONAVIRUS?!)
(I'm not yelling at you pickles, but just so our friend over here can see.)

Deleted user

I'm going to protect my mental wellbeing and be done debating for now, that's my right. I never said black lives don't matter or that police brutality is okay. I think I get why people say Black Lives Matter instead of All Lives Matter now but I still enjoy being patriotic and I love America and nobody gave me a good reason not to. My country isn't perfect but I love it, that's all.

We tried to explain to you why people say All Lives Matter and you ignored us.

I JUST SAID I read more and learned. I'm not going to keep saying All Lives Matter. I like being patriotic, that's unrelated.

@Pickles group

And if I'm blocked why do you keep replying to me.

🙄 She can see what you said when other people quote it. And for the most part, she hasn't actually been talking to you when she talks about stuff you said.

@HighPockets group

Also, on the violence in the protests
It’s been found that a lot of the people using violence are right wing extremists and boogaloos hoping to spark something up. Most of the actual protesters actively try to prevent and stop those people from doing that, from what I’ve seen in videos.

I saw one of a few protestors who found a stack of bricks that spontaneously materialized- no construction anywhere near there. They suspected someone placed it there to encourage protestors to become rioters and use the bricks as projectiles.,I believe it. People like antifa are hijacking peaceful protests.

(You do realize that ANTIFA isn't actually a terrorist organization, but a collective group of people with similar beliefs right?)

(Yeah, Antifa is simply a collection of anonymous people who are, as the name says, anti-fascist. There's no leader or registry, it's simply a set of ideals. Which is why Trump's suggestion of labeling them a terrorist group is so asinine.And if someone is anti anti-fascist, what does that make them?)

@HighPockets group

And if I'm blocked why do you keep replying to me.

🙄 She can see what you said when other people quote it. And for the most part, she hasn't actually been talking to you when she talks about stuff you said.

Yep. But keep whining, kiddo.

Deleted user

I'm not well spoken? I have perfect grammar, punctuation, and usually spelling unless I'm tired. Whether or not you like me that's well spoken. Can anyone actually LISTEN to me? Instead of jumping down my throat?

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

I agree that our country isn't perfect. We are nowhere near perfect. We have so many issues, racism being one of them. I believe that we shouldn't be afraid to point out the flaws in our country, but I also think it's okay to see the good. Having free speech doesn't make us perfect. It may not even make us great. Again, we still have bucketloads of other issues. And it doesn't make up for the other serious issues. But at least it's something.

It's a good deal though. Free speech I mean.

@Pickles group

Yeah, how is protesting when you're being shot at, sprayed, and gases. Sure you can protest, but that doesn't mean the government is going to play nice.

EXACTLY. The government can't take away those rights but there's nothing stopping them from punishing and discouraging you however they can, legally or illegally in some cases.

ALSO
Can we also talk about the Michigan protests where white men with guns stormed the capital building and spit in the faces of police officers?

(You didn't see that on the news when white people were PROTESTING THE CORONAVIRUS?!)

We don't watch the news at my house, the only news I've actually watched was a little bit at my grandparents' house recently. I haven't been the best at proactively seeking out stories, usually I just look up things when I hear about them. Not great, I know

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

I'm not well spoken? I have perfect grammar, punctuation, and usually spelling unless I'm tired. Whether or not you like me that's well spoken. Can anyone actually LISTEN to me? Instead of jumping down my throat?

(How you tried this thing called listening and educating yourself? I find that it works pretty well for me shrug)

Deleted user

(How you tried this thing called listening and educating yourself? I find that it works pretty well for me shrug)

Can you read my comments? I did.

@Pickles group

Big yikes. That's not what well spoken means.

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

ALSO

We don't watch the news at my house, the only news I've actually watched was a little bit at my grandparents' house recently. I haven't been the best at proactively seeking out stories, usually I just look up things when I hear about them. Not great, I know

(Hey that's completely fine, at least you're trying your best to educate yourself and learn what's happening, that for me is good enough.)

I'm 13 and still more educated than you. Your age is not an excuse.

Beautiful. I can't believe such a well spoken youngling has come into our midst. So proud.

(Thank you, Dom? That's your name right? Am I allowed to use it?)

You are most welcome. Of course you may. Dad Mode™ has kicked in and I am Happy with this child.

( I've never had a dad before, thank you)

Ooooh! Oh my goodness I'm so sorry! I want to give you hugs and advice now. Someone tell Maddie she might be getting a sister.

Deleted user

Google:

well spo·ken
adjective
adjective: well-spoken; adjective: well spoken

(of a person) speaking in an educated and refined manner.

Good grammar, punctuation, and spelling is educated and refined. But that's not even what we're debating here?

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

(Grammarly, has found so many errors on this, it's funny.)

@Pickles group

I'm going to protect my mental wellbeing and be done debating for now, that's my right. I never said black lives don't matter or that police brutality is okay. I think I get why people say Black Lives Matter instead of All Lives Matter now but I still enjoy being patriotic and I love America and nobody gave me a good reason not to. My country isn't perfect but I love it, that's all.

I JUST SAID I read more and learned. I'm not going to keep saying All Lives Matter. I like being patriotic, that's unrelated.

You should have done that when we first gave them to you, not ignored it and continued a tangent on why you don't get it.

Deleted user

You should have done that when we first gave them to you, not ignored it and continued a tangent on why you don't get it.

I still didn't get it. I can't take time to process and learn?

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

@jupiter-sun-of-sweater-town group

So I know you're going to tell me that it's a first-world problem and no one cares, but I just need to say this.
I consider myself a conservative, but with all the anti-conservative stuff in the media and news, I almost feel guilty for being one. I know that conservatives have a bad rap, but we aren't all that way. But with all the negativity surrounding conservatives these days, i feel pressured to not be one.

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

I'm 13 and still more educated than you. Your age is not an excuse.

Beautiful. I can't believe such a well spoken youngling has come into our midst. So proud.

(Thank you, Dom? That's your name right? Am I allowed to use it?)

You are most welcome. Of course you may. Dad Mode™ has kicked in and I am Happy with this child.

( I've never had a dad before, thank you)

Ooooh! Oh my goodness I'm so sorry! I want to give you hugs and advice now. Someone tell Maddie she might be getting a sister.

( I was Kinda (I don't really want to talk about my situation rn.) joking, but thank you, your so sweet uwu. )

@Pickles group

Google:

well spo·ken
adjective
adjective: well-spoken; adjective: well spoken

(of a person) speaking in an educated and refined manner.

Good grammar, punctuation, and spelling is educated and refined. But that's not even what we're debating here?

I'm cackling, you are not refined. Or educated. And I'm not either. I'm not eloquent or well spoken, but I'm more educated than you. And I'm not complimenting myself because someone else just got complimented.

Though all that is good, you do not have a refined eloquence. Remember what I said about complimenting. To be fair I'm grading subjectively a bit. But Brooklyn is thirteen and speaks as well as the rest of us.

Deleted user

Sooooo, now we are talking about education? uh oh, I might just leave now :)

Deleted user

I am done debating. I got ahead of myself because it seemed like people attacked ME instead of my argument. I understand know why we should use BLM. I'm done for the day please stop.