forum Debate. Debate. Debate.
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 109 followers

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

What about the rioting?
Let's get one thing straight here. The rioters and the protesters are 2 separate groups. The rioters are usually white supremacists, people hired to make the protesters look bad, opportunistic people, and even the police themselves causing damage to property. There are even videos of protesters handing over rioters to the police. If anything, the police are the ones who are being violent and escalating the situation even more by shooting protesters AND MEDICS (Shooting medics is a war crime.)
with rubber bullets, spraying pepper spray and mace, and throwing tear gas.

I know a police officer who said that people have been throwing things at her. Full cans, which are heavy and can leave a mark. People are instigating things, not just cops.

Alright, I'm not supporting that.

But what about the 14 year old boy who was shot in the face at a protest
Or the 9 year old who was pepper sprayed
Or the women who was pushed to the ground and had a seizure
Or the Police officers who drove over a crowd of protesters
Or the Officers who pushed that old man to the ground

@Pickles group

My crime here is liking Ron Swanson and not fully agreeing with BLM's methods.

Here's actual debate material. What don't you like about BLM methods?

I disagree with violent protests and some of the things they say really seem like they want ALL white people to feel bad. And If violence is what they're protesting, why cause more violence while protesting, and steal things and destroy people's livelihood? I think we need kindness and not hate. Of course, that means people oppressing African Americans need to be kind too, but why can't the protesters lead by example?

The protests will be peaceful when the police are. ONCE AGAIN, WE ARE NOT ASKING YOU TO FEEL GUILTY, WE ARE ASKING YOU TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE PROBLEMS AND HELP US FIX THEM.

^^^^^

I swear, I'm about to fully break Eris's rules and straight up make those letters big.

Deleted user

What about the rioting?
Let's get one thing straight here. The rioters and the protesters are 2 separate groups. The rioters are usually white supremacists, people hired to make the protesters look bad, opportunistic people, and even the police themselves causing damage to property. There are even videos of protesters handing over rioters to the police. If anything, the police are the ones who are being violent and escalating the situation even more by shooting protesters AND MEDICS (Shooting medics is a war crime.)
with rubber bullets, spraying pepper spray and mace, and throwing tear gas.

I know a police officer who said that people have been throwing things at her. Full cans, which are heavy and can leave a mark. People are instigating things, not just cops.

Alright, I'm not supporting that.

But what about the 14 year old boy who was shot in the face at a protest
Or the 9 year old who was pepper sprayed
Or the women who was pushed to the ground and had a seizure
Or the Police officers who drove over a crowd of protesters
Or the Officers who pushed that old man to the ground

I think that's all TERRIBLE and I never said it wasn't.

Deleted user

Friendly reminder that the right to protest is a fundamental American right <3

Exactly! That's why I love America!

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

Okay I'm done debating for now. I'll read more soon and maybe I'll understand. (Also I'm 15 and well spoken but suddenly it doesn't matter if I don't agree with everyone)

NO GET BACK HERE, WE'RE NOT DONE TALKING, YOU STILL HAVEN'T AT LEAST EDUCATED YOURSELF NOR ACKNOWLEDGED THE PROBLEM, YOU CAN'T JUST RUN AWAY FROM THEM

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

I'm 13 and still more educated than you. Your age is not an excuse.

Beautiful. I can't believe such a well spoken youngling has come into our midst. So proud.

(Thank you, Dom? That's your name right? Am I allowed to use it?)

You are most welcome. Of course you may. Dad Mode™ has kicked in and I am Happy with this child.

@jupiter-sun-of-sweater-town group

I agree that our country isn't perfect. We are nowhere near perfect. We have so many issues, racism being one of them. I believe that we shouldn't be afraid to point out the flaws in our country, but I also think it's okay to see the good. Having free speech doesn't make us perfect. It may not even make us great. Again, we still have bucketloads of other issues. And it doesn't make up for the other serious issues. But at least it's something.

@Pickles group

Okay I'm done debating for now. I'll read more soon and maybe I'll understand. (Also I'm 15 and well spoken but suddenly it doesn't matter if I don't agree with everyone)

Stop. Playing. The. Victim. I ask again. Do you know what that means? Do you know what it means when people tell you you're playing the victim?
And again. Stop assuming you know what people think based on what it seems.

Deleted user

NO GET BACK HERE, WE'RE NOT DONE TALKING, YOU STILL HAVEN'T AT LEAST EDUCATED YOURSELF NOR ACKNOWLEDGED THE PROBLEM, YOU CAN'T JUST RUN AWAY FROM THEM

I told you I'm going to read more? As in what you and Pickles linked me to?

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

Yeah, how is protesting when you're being shot at, sprayed, and gases. Sure you can protest, but that doesn't mean the government is going to play nice.

ALSO
Can we also talk about the Michigan protests where white men with guns stormed the capital building and spit in the faces of police officers?
Where were the bullets and tear gas then?

@Knick

Also, on the violence in the protests
It’s been found that a lot of the people using violence are right wing extremists and boogaloos hoping to spark something up. Most of the actual protesters actively try to prevent and stop those people from doing that, from what I’ve seen in videos.

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

I'm 13 and still more educated than you. Your age is not an excuse.

Beautiful. I can't believe such a well spoken youngling has come into our midst. So proud.

(Thank you, Dom? That's your name right? Am I allowed to use it?)

You are most welcome. Of course you may. Dad Mode™ has kicked in and I am Happy with this child.

( I've never had a dad before, thank you)

Deleted user

ALSO
Can we also talk about the Michigan protests where white men with guns stormed the capital building and spit in the faces of police officers?

Spitting in faces isn't violent, childish yes, but not violent

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

ALSO

So you're not going to address the AK-47s?

Deleted user

I'm going to protect my mental wellbeing and be done debating for now, that's my right. I never said black lives don't matter or that police brutality is okay. I think I get why people say Black Lives Matter instead of All Lives Matter now but I still enjoy being patriotic and I love America and nobody gave me a good reason not to. My country isn't perfect but I love it, that's all.

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

ALSO

with guns

I'm fairly sure guns are violent

@berlioz

It’s been found that a lot of the people using violence are right wing extremists and boogaloos hoping to spark something up. Most of the actual protesters actively try to prevent and stop those people from doing that, from what I’ve seen in videos.

I saw one of a few protestors who found a stack of bricks that spontaneously materialized- no construction anywhere near there. They suspected someone placed it there to encourage protestors to become rioters and use the bricks as projectiles. I believe it. People like antifa are hijacking peaceful protests.

@HighPockets group

Yeah, how is protesting when you're being shot at, sprayed, and gases. Sure you can protest, but that doesn't mean the government is going to play nice.

ALSO

Wow, love how they replied to my comment with some cheap pAtRiOtIsM
Bitch, you know damn well that I meant that the protesters are in the right. Funny how you were just whining about others twisting words when you turn around and twist mine.

@Pickles group

EXACTLY. The government can't take away those rights but there's nothing stopping them from punishing and discouraging you however they can, legally or illegally in some cases.

ALSO

Oh my gold WHAT time to go look that up holy pumpkins

Deleted user

I SUPPORT PEACEFUL PROTESTORS AND I NEVER SAID I DIDN'T

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

I saw one of a few protestors who found a stack of bricks that spontaneously materialized- no construction anywhere near there. They suspected someone placed it there to encourage protestors to become rioters and use the bricks as projectiles.,I believe it. People like antifa are hijacking peaceful protests.

(You do realize that ANTIFA isn't actually a terrorist organization, but a collective group of people with similar beliefs right?)

Deleted user

And if I'm blocked why do you keep replying to me.

@Pickles group

I'm going to protect my mental wellbeing and be done debating for now, that's my right. I never said black lives don't matter or that police brutality is okay. I think I get why people say Black Lives Matter instead of All Lives Matter now but I still enjoy being patriotic and I love America and nobody gave me a good reason not to. My country isn't perfect but I love it, that's all.

We tried to explain to you why people say All Lives Matter and you ignored us.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

You are not well spoken.
No offence.
Also wait for a few people to compliment you before you compliment yourself.