forum Debate. Debate. Debate.
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 109 followers

@HighPockets group

My teacher refused to let me play Hamlet because of how tightly I'd latched onto Victor Frankenstein (we read Frankenstein right before Hamlet) and said she "wanted me to have a better influence in my life" and that she didn't want me playing the depressed character.

@Queen_Cuisine

During my last year of English with my instructor, Mr. Howes, who was quite hilarious and made the class a lot less boring, he had us read Hamlet, and by read Hamlet, I mean he had us Act out our parts as dramatically as possible.

My dude, my buddy, my pal.

See Mom? I can make friends on the internet.

My English teacher had us act out Hamlet with sock puppets.

That is even more amusing than my story. For some reason it reminds me of the hand puppet version of Harry Potter, only with Hamlet.

Deleted user

During my last year of English with my instructor, Mr. Howes, who was quite hilarious and made the class a lot less boring, he had us read Hamlet, and by read Hamlet, I mean he had us Act out our parts as dramatically as possible.

My dude, my buddy, my pal.

See Mom? I can make friends on the internet.

You even have multiple. :O

My English teacher had us act out Hamlet with sock puppets.

That is even more amusing than my story. For some reason it reminds me of the hand puppet version of Harry Potter, only with Hamlet.

Harry Potter Puppet Pals?!?!?!

@amber_is_in_a_loop

I think if there's been an active change in the meaning of the word, and not just a change over time, I think that the previous meaning affects it but in a positive way (as in highlighting the change of meaning that's been done)

@amber_is_in_a_loop

As in, instead of the word over time just growing to mean something else, people literally claim the word and start using it as their own meaning. The example that comes to mind is the use of the word 'queer'. It use to be used a slur, but the LGBTQ+ community publicly claimed it and now most use it to say they're part of the community

@Jay-Marae-is-in-an-emotional-maze

Nonono! When you put salt in already good caramel it just makes a meh. I'll still eat it but it's definitely not as good at all. Caramel candy is also really good but I wouldn't eat it if it's salted caramel and I won't eat salted caramel chocolate.

Deleted user

Nah. Salt brings out the flavor. I mean, too much is too much. But salt is an enhancer to most foods.

Agreed

Gonna have to agree here, too. If it’s too much salt I feel you but like, it’s sort of like saltwater taffy. It’s good.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

As in, instead of the word over time just growing to mean something else, people literally claim the word and start using it as their own meaning. The example that comes to mind is the use of the word 'queer'. It use to be used a slur, but the LGBTQ+ community publicly claimed it and now most use it to say they're part of the community

K. And also gay. Though I have yet to see a gay gay. Also, what does queer mean in that form?