forum Debate. Debate. Debate.
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 109 followers

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

So I’m going to say that racism will never stop. Because it is part of our nature and instinct to survive to notice differences and be uncomfortable with them. Because it is in our make up to have these feelings about differences, the most obvious difference such as skin color can never be completely gotten over. It takes humanity going from instinct to logic, and… I don’t think many people are capable of that. So racism will persist. But racism is a part of the disease, not the disease itself. It all comes from the distrust of differences that can lead to fear and then hate. The only thing we can do is to learn to conquer the biases in our nature against the unfamiliar and be logical judges that learn to evaluate before considering one thing good and another evil.

@Trix

Yay! Have we come to the conclusion, then, that racism stems from the human instinct to fear, distrust, or lower the unknown?

@WriteOutofTime

That doesn't ring true to me. People with different colored skin isn't "unknown", it's just different. I think it stems from the historic significance of the us vs them narrative, which is innately political.

It comes from difference to not us to us vs them. And Americans have a history of this that pertains excessively to race. But that is only one way it can go. Perhaps the easiest as it is the most obvious. But it can happen based on any difference be it sexual orientation to religious views to politics and many others.

Deleted user

But let's not forget that racism is taught not an instinct that we are born with. Babies do not discriminate. Children don't hate. But going through the school system and life in general, humans are taught to constantly fight to be better than everyone else, what privilege is, what constitutes as beauty etc.

@WriteOutofTime

“The oldest and greatest emotion is fear, and the oldest and greatest fear, is fear of the unknown” -I forgot who said this

HP Lovecraft. Who happens to have been so racist, his KKK friends told him to chill a little bit.

Deleted user

“The oldest and greatest emotion is fear, and the oldest and greatest fear, is fear of the unknown” -I forgot who said this

HP Lovecraft. Who happens to have been so racist, his KKK friends told him to chill a little bit.

His cat tho

That guy was so messed up. Red from OSP did a Halloween special on him that I haven’t really watched yet,

@Mojack group

His cat tho

My god when I found out his cat was named that I wasn’t sure if it was true

Deleted user

Adding on to what you were saying. “right” I suppose since a lot of it is relative and subjective, such as what food is right. Pita and hummus for instance. Very right.

so right. so delicious

But who in this world thinks that 'hate' is a good thing?

Deleted user

His cat tho

RIGHT?

Adding on to what you were saying. “right” I suppose since a lot of it is relative and subjective, such as what food is right. Pita and hummus for instance. Very right.

so right. so delicious

But who in this world thinks that 'hate' is a good thing?

Many people I guess. They pop up no matter who you are with.
To be fair they probably think it is necessary instead of good.

Deleted user

I will consider this point, because it is well made and I cannot think of an argument for it.

@GameMaster group

His cat tho

I mean I don’t think that specific quote had anything to do with race. Humans are just afraid of what we don’t understand. It’s our Neanderthal brains. But ya HP was weird. Did a lot of freaky cult stuff right out of his books. And yeah…his cats name.