forum Your personal venting space.
Started by @The-N-U-T-Cracker
tune

people_alt 117 followers

@_Magnus_is_in_physics

Conversation with my mum. In french

Me: hey mum, I’ve made an appointment with the school therapist for next Monday.
Her:ok……….
Me and her doing a lot of talking about what would be my objectives in the 8 sessions of counselling I’m getting and at one point ending with this:
Mum: you know, when i was your age we didn’t have much options like therapy so what we would do was we would listen to music that our parents didn’t approve of, or wear clothes that they didn’t like, or stuff like that, and in the end we didn’t really talk to anyone about our feelings because we were already expressing our emotions in rebellious ways !

So this may sound a little exaggerated, but its in total what she said. So i now assume that my mum is suggesting i dig my emotions into a deep hole and go through an emo phase.
This is terrifyingly funny to me.

Deleted user

As the daughter of a foreigner as well lol I relate

It could be she's kind of shaming you for what you're doing, which is wrong
But it also could be that she's being serious and simply telling you about her childhood.

@_Magnus_is_in_physics

But it also could be that she's being serious and simply telling you about her childhood.

Yh I think you're right, she probably just want to explain how she felt at my age, and it's not like I'm going to start thinking differently anyway, but still……..an interesting childhood my mother had….. We actually also talked about my sexuality yesterday, and it was great to finally know her opinion, untill she brought it up today saying how she doesn't feel like anyone would particularly want to go out with someone who would be attracted to BoTh BoYS aNd GIrls. I swear I had to hold down a laugh at that point

Deleted user

Yh I think you're right, she probably just want to explain how she felt at my age, and it's not like I'm going to start thinking differently anyway, but still……..an interesting childhood my mother had….. We actually also talked about my sexuality yesterday, and it was great to finally know her opinion, untill she brought it up today saying how she doesn't feel like anyone would particularly want to go out with someone who would be attracted to BoTh BoYS aNd GIrls. I swear I had to hold down a laugh at that point

OH MY GOSH ARE WE THE SAME PERSON???
I'm closeted to my mom, but I'm bi and just the other day she said something similar about it lol

@Pickles group

I definitely relate. It definitely sucks and i don't know how to fix it because saying "I'm not ignoring you" doesn't really help me in that moment (sorry shuri ily I promise)

This topic has been locked by a moderator.