forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@Pickles group

Everyone else got to play in band and the flutes didn't because our flute shields haven't come in and it was awful and I'm so mad about it

Deleted user

Bro I look like a fucking vampire rn
I got a black and white floral button down and a black dress with grey kneesocks
also I haven't slept and I look like I'm dead

Deleted user

Everyone else got to play in band and the flutes didn't because our flute shields haven't come in and it was awful and I'm so mad about it

SAME. Flutes don't have our masks yet but everybody else does.

Deleted user

SOME DICK JUST WENT
"Oh I know she ain't talking to me, oh I know that. uncoherent words that were definitely insults"
AFTER I ASKED HIM TO STOP TALKING SO I COULD WORK
HE DOES NOT KNOW HOW TEMPTING IT IS TO WALK OVER THERE AND RESTRICT HIS BREATHING

@Pickles group

SAME. Flutes don't have our masks yet but everybody else does.

We have to play with the same masks as everyone else where there's a little flap to flip up and magnet open but it's designed for every other instrument and not flutes so it doesn't really work like at all, as well as shields and it's all very dumb and pointless

@Pickles group

Haha our band director is forcing us to play outside :) I couldn't feel my fingers for a while and couldn't play my clarinet :)

Today was the first day we were allowed inside kinda wish we were outside so we could actually play the piece we sightread

Deleted user

do y'all got any tips on how to get a shot without crying, having a panic attack and passing out

Deleted user

Just imagine doing it in your head. How will you react? How will you prevent a bad reaction? Kinda roleplay with yourself coping techniques, and use them when they come about! I also find talking and making polite conversation with the nurses is a very good distraction.

@Katastrophic group

from someone with severe fear of needles:

• Use non dominant arm, or if you have really thin arms ask if they can do your leg
  • Make polite conversation with the nurse, they are here to help. Let them know you have issues with needles, they do deal with lots of people with this issue.
  • Pick a spot on the wall or an interesting poster. Look at the poster, not the vaccine.
  • Relax your arm, tell yourself it's less than 8 seconds and done.
  • Deep breath in, and exhale when getting the vaccine administered. Keep your breahting even and slow, trick your lungs and heart rate.

• If you can, I listen to music. This does help me, but it depends on the person. I like very fast rock, because it gives me something to focus on and I associate it with gaming where I do try to keep a calm and level heart rate. If you have something that keeps you calm, use it. Same with smells. If the cleaner smell makes you tense, grab some strong lotion or essential oil to overpower it.

These are just my tricks, but think of it as playing a trick on yourself. You need to trick your body into being relaxed and calm, and trick your mind into focusing on something else. It also helped me to remember that it is only a few seconds, and that there is no reasonable way I'm going to die or be seriously hurt by the needle.

@Pickles group

I…I'm listening to a Finnish radio station and they just started playing Poker Face and now I'm laughing way too hard unfortunately, it's in English and not a language I don't speak

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

it’s like 12;30 and I’m like half asleep but I had a thought I need to write down for awake me
just imagine this
vintage electric toothbrushes
like instead of a motor going brrrrrrr and making the top part of the brush spin, you gotta turn a cr.ank, like the ones you see on older cars to like turn the windows down & shet
but it’s just sticking out the back of a toothbrush uncomfortably and you’re expected to turn it with your other hand while you brush,

I dunno I jus t kinda think that would be really funny

@Pickles group

If you're gonna be homophobic…at least shame people for having period sex too cause that's a few verses before and no one's trying to convince anyone that having period sex isn't a choice <3 also maybe do your own fucking research :)))

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

also the Bible forbids a lot of stupid things that everyone forgets about
like if you search through it you can find just about anything for any take you may have