forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

Deleted user

So my brother just burst into my room and asked me how much money it'd take me to 'shave my nose off to look like Voldemort' and I'm deeply disturbed

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

So my brother just burst into my room and asked me how much money it'd take me to 'shave my nose off to look like Voldemort' and I'm deeply disturbed

Well? How much?

no money could drive me to do such a stupid thing

Deleted user

@strangebird can i just say that i love you??? you watch Pierre XO too and I just kjhvfiljebeh

ghfjghfjgh I legit got him in my recommended and was like "Ooo, that's a pretty woma—thATS A DUDE BUT HE'S STILL PRETTY IMMA WATCH

same !!
dude he makes some good points and i find myself nodding my head every time
i could listen to him talk for h o u r s

Yeah, I gotta go back and watch more of his videos, but he's definitely someone that makes good, educated points in his videos, and he's just someone that I can listen to for extended periods of time.

definitely!

@Pickles group

Well? How much?

Four sheep

@HighPockets group

Well? How much?

Four sheep

Enough to afford the following reconstructive surgery.

@ccb group

(my favorite is twelfth night, so if you wanna add even more shakespeare on top of the four plays you already have to read… lol)

(My favorite is Henry V <3)

ooh i played henry iv in high school!! uneasy lies the head that wears the crown am i right :'(

Right :'(
I played Hostess Quickly and Montjoy, and it was the best show I've ever been in! The only role that's come close is when I played Oberon in A Midsummer Night's Midterm (basically Midsummer but dumbed down a little for kids)

omg hostess quickly would be so much fun to play. i played titania in midsummer in middle school! and then i was helena a couple years later. there are few shakespeare lines taken out of context more often than "though she be but little, she is fierce" lol

She was!!! Montjoy is my favorite role to date (unless Kate counts, but I'm just doing one monologue of hers and not playing her, although I want to!) but I've also mostly gotten ensemble parts lol. That's so cool! I played Oberon in 8th grade because there were only a handful of guys in drama club and so they cast me as him. I got a little makeup beard lmao. That's cool as well! Ha I have a "she is fierce" shirt that I got last summer, you're right about the context though
I want a "if I were a man, I would eat his heart in the marketplace!" shirt so bad-

i did a close-reading scene project where i was hotspur and my friend (who is a guy and a head taller than me, and i'm tall) was kate. it's so much fun taking on a physicality you don't normally get to take on, and shakespeare's work lends itself to that imo, even when it isn't explicitly subversive of gender norms.
and beatrice is my DREAM role omg i've wanted to play her since i was 12. much ado was the first shakespeare play i ever saw live, i keep a mini copy that i got in stratford-upon-avon a few years ago in my backpack at all times

OH I meant Kate Minola but that sounds so fun!! Most of my Henry V cast was generswapped (we kept the text the same though), we actually had two female Henrys (we swapped them out midway through), Montjoy, Exeter, Nym, Pistol, the Dauphin, the Boy, Bourbon, and Canterbury!
YES SAME! I would love to play Beatrice (or Benedick or Dogberry, but mainly Beatrice!!), Much Ado is my favorite of the comedies and I've been working on and off on a musical based on it!! I've got like nothing written but I swear I'll actually do it someday lol

either way a great kate to play!! we had a female henry iv and a female henry v when we did the henry trilogy so that is awesome. i have a friend who played benedick when we did much ado in high school before her transition, and after she came out as trans in college, she played beatrice. playing either of them would be a dream, but having played both of them? the power that she has.
and omg if there ever comes a day you write and share it please let me know i'm dying to read that

@Pickles group

Well? How much?

Four sheep

The point is looking like Voldemort by shaving off your nose, not doing it for the vine and then going to get it fixed. It's gotta be permanent. Four sheep is enough to pay for emotional trauma and maybe bail if you get too into the Voldemort act

@HighPockets group

(my favorite is twelfth night, so if you wanna add even more shakespeare on top of the four plays you already have to read… lol)

(My favorite is Henry V <3)

ooh i played henry iv in high school!! uneasy lies the head that wears the crown am i right :'(

Right :'(
I played Hostess Quickly and Montjoy, and it was the best show I've ever been in! The only role that's come close is when I played Oberon in A Midsummer Night's Midterm (basically Midsummer but dumbed down a little for kids)

omg hostess quickly would be so much fun to play. i played titania in midsummer in middle school! and then i was helena a couple years later. there are few shakespeare lines taken out of context more often than "though she be but little, she is fierce" lol

She was!!! Montjoy is my favorite role to date (unless Kate counts, but I'm just doing one monologue of hers and not playing her, although I want to!) but I've also mostly gotten ensemble parts lol. That's so cool! I played Oberon in 8th grade because there were only a handful of guys in drama club and so they cast me as him. I got a little makeup beard lmao. That's cool as well! Ha I have a "she is fierce" shirt that I got last summer, you're right about the context though
I want a "if I were a man, I would eat his heart in the marketplace!" shirt so bad-

i did a close-reading scene project where i was hotspur and my friend (who is a guy and a head taller than me, and i'm tall) was kate. it's so much fun taking on a physicality you don't normally get to take on, and shakespeare's work lends itself to that imo, even when it isn't explicitly subversive of gender norms.
and beatrice is my DREAM role omg i've wanted to play her since i was 12. much ado was the first shakespeare play i ever saw live, i keep a mini copy that i got in stratford-upon-avon a few years ago in my backpack at all times

OH I meant Kate Minola but that sounds so fun!! Most of my Henry V cast was generswapped (we kept the text the same though), we actually had two female Henrys (we swapped them out midway through), Montjoy, Exeter, Nym, Pistol, the Dauphin, the Boy, Bourbon, and Canterbury!
YES SAME! I would love to play Beatrice (or Benedick or Dogberry, but mainly Beatrice!!), Much Ado is my favorite of the comedies and I've been working on and off on a musical based on it!! I've got like nothing written but I swear I'll actually do it someday lol

either way a great kate to play!! we had a female henry iv and a female henry v when we did the henry trilogy so that is awesome. i have a friend who played benedick when we did much ado in high school before her transition, and after she came out as trans in college, she played beatrice. playing either of them would be a dream, but having played both of them? the power that she has.
and omg if there ever comes a day you write and share it please let me know i'm dying to read that

That's so cool!! I'm so proud of your friend, please tell her I stan lol. I crave her power!
I will! I'm not too far along but I've got some songs in mind-

@HighPockets group

Well? How much?

Four sheep

The point is looking like Voldemort by shaving off your nose, not doing it for the vine and then going to get it fixed. It's gotta be permanent. Four sheep is enough to pay for emotional trauma and maybe bail if you get too into the Voldemort act

Reminds me of that guy who got surgery to look like Shrek, and the lady who made herself look like a bunny.

@berlioz

I can't really remember the rest of them but Owen knows them because she's Smart™. Owen or I could go into more detail about all that if your interested.

Thank you Pickles <3

I'm thinking of making a whole ass thread for A stuff, including FAQ and microlabels on the ace and aro spectrums and types of attraction- all that jazz. Maybe I'll do it tommorow. That way we can direct people and give them a better place to ask questions about it. Asexuality and Aromanticism can be pretty nuanced. What do you guys think? Jyn, Eva, Ella, all you aces and aros can share experiences and stuff and we can update it together. I was thinking the skillsharing thread (since it's sharing info I suppose) or just GC.

@Pickles group

I can't really remember the rest of them but Owen knows them because she's Smart™. Owen or I could go into more detail about all that if your interested.

Thank you Pickles <3

I'm thinking of making a whole ass thread for A stuff, including FAQ and microlabels on the ace and aro spectrums and types of attraction- all that jazz. Maybe I'll do it tommorow. That way we can direct people and give them a better place to ask questions about it. Asexuality and Aromanticism can be pretty nuanced. What do you guys think? Jyn, Eva, Ella, all you aces and aros can share experiences and stuff and we can update it together. I was thinking the skillsharing thread (since it's sharing info I suppose) or just GC.

Yeah tag me
You could do Topic Q&A (that's a section right? I'm not just imagining things?)

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

i took the test just to see what would happen and i don't know where i expected to be but this wasn't it

of course tho i didn't understand half the questions so that might've had an impact

@StarkSpangledMayflower_Mad_Elder

Thank you Pickles <3

I would love to be more informed, mind tagging me in it when you make it?

Deleted user

oof I’d like to join but am I ace enough?

Having you would be good

ok :D

@berlioz

Yes of course, everyone on the ace/aro-specs can make contributions. I'll type it up in the morning. I'll try to tag everyone who wants to follow it, but I think if you follow me and go to my profile tommorow it'll say which threads I've started, so go there if I forget you. I've got to for the night, but right now I want everyone who's in the ace spec PM to send me some of their favorite nuance vocabulary, FAQ you get being ace/aro, and common misconceptions you want clarified for readers. Save the memes for the actual thread. By noonish tommorow I'll have a few articles up. Goodnight everyone!
Love you all <3
(Also I meant to say Jyn, Pickles, Ella not Jyn, Eva, Ella, that was redundant lol)

Deleted user

Cool just @ me and I can hopefully give a bunch of advice

Deleted user

Yes of course, everyone on the ace/aro-specs can make contributions. I'll type it up in the morning. I'll try to tag everyone who wants to follow it, but I think if you follow me and go to my profile tommorow it'll say which threads I've started, so go there if I forget you. I've got to for the night, but right now I want everyone who's in the ace spec PM to send me some of their favorite nuance vocabulary, FAQ you get being ace/aro, and common misconceptions you want clarified for readers. Save the memes for the actual thread. By noonish tommorow I'll have a few articles up. Goodnight everyone!
Love you all <3
(Also I meant to say Jyn, Pickles, Ella not Jyn, Eva, Ella, that was redundant lol)

I'm ace. Can I join?

@croccin-champagne

breaks knuckles let's do this

hello i'm your friendly local somewhere-on-the=spectrum-ace and i'm here to tell literally every single one of you kids something very important. this is for anyone who feels at ALL confused about the various aspects of your sexuality and i did in fact acquire the wording sorta from a webtoon

labels can make people feel comfortable. labels can be great, they can help you find other people who experience the same attractions or lack thereof, they can give you a name to call yourself, and they can make you feel comfortable in your own skin.

but if labels aren't doing anything for you, drop them. ignore the hell out of them because you don't need them! if you do, great! if you don't, please don't ever feel bad for not having any, because sometimes it's a lot more complicated, in your head or in actuality, than just saying 'i'm this!'. and that's more than okay.

basically the gist of it is do what makes you feel comfortable and happy and never try to pressure yourself into anything you don't want to do. some boxes aren't made for some people