forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@HighPockets group

I know that unlikable characters are "in" right now, but I feel like the current lead is taking it a bit too far. Most of the fandom doesn't seem to like him, although his fans are really hardcore. I wonder if the viewer polls will replace him in a few months.

@croccin-champagne

they have to keep him because he's the only one who makes sense in this plot. no realistic character would actually be that stupid, jyn. and aren't they keeping it going for this whole season? i think it was supposed to be some money grab, or the foundation for a conspiracy plot, but fell way short

@HighPockets group

Good point. I'm not a fan of the division he's causing in the fandom though. I'm just glad they didn't go with the World War Three plot for this season.

@croccin-champagne

Good point. I'm not a fan of the division he's causing in the fandom though. I'm just glad they didn't go with the World War Three plot for this season.

fandoms are already so toxic though, some people were just waiting for an excuse to be assholes. they don't like members with certain opinions and this is a good chance for them to show it, sadly

i don't know, it might've been more exciting than the pandemic. i guess there might be such thing as a little too much angst and heartbreak for your characters though. and we all know how people reacted to george rr martin for killing off so many characters…

@HighPockets group

fandoms are already so toxic though, some people were just waiting for an excuse to be assholes. they don't like members with certain opinions and this is a good chance for them to show it, sadly

i don't know, it might've been more exciting than the pandemic. i guess there might be such thing as a little too much angst and heartbreak for your characters though. and we all know how people reacted to george rr martin for killing off so many characters…

True. Luckily that's starting to change, hopefully.
I agree, but it also could've caused M.A.D. and while it would've been one hell of a finale, it would be a depressing ending.

@Pickles group

they have to keep him because he's the only one who makes sense in this plot. no realistic character would actually be that stupid, jyn. and aren't they keeping it going for this whole season? i think it was supposed to be some money grab, or the foundation for a conspiracy plot, but fell way short

I heard they were doing it to get the older fans disinterested so they leave, but I don't think anyone's going to confirm it

@croccin-champagne

I heard they were doing it to get the older fans disinterested so they leave, but I don't think anyone's going to confirm it

they're marketing for younger audiences? i get wanting to draw in more attention but isn't ridding your fanbase of older, dedicated fans kind of…dumb?

@HighPockets group

they're marketing for younger audiences? i get wanting to draw in more attention but isn't ridding your fanbase of older, dedicated fans kind of…dumb?

It sorta backfired though, lots of people with other health issues have been leaving too. And some kids, even.

@HighPockets group

A lot of the older and younger fans have been fighting too, since some of the older ones have been wanting to go back to the way the older seasons were. Some really extreme fans want to retcon the entire civil rights arc from season three.

@croccin-champagne

A lot of the older and younger fans have been fighting too, since some of the older ones have been wanting to go back to the way the older seasons were. Some really extreme fans want to retcon the entire civil rights arc from season three.

honestly they seem to be hinting at that, or at the very least, the extreme fans are looking way too into the normal conflicts

@HighPockets group

Can we agree that the most annoying loose end was who killed off John F. Kennedy? I was really excited to learn who killed him and why, but then we never really did :/

@croccin-champagne

Can we agree that the most annoying loose end was who killed off John F. Kennedy? I was really excited to learn who killed him and why, but then we never really did :/

crossover event with the marvel cinematic universe

@HighPockets group

crossover event with the marvel cinematic universe

I guess but I just wish they'd tell us
Same with the Roswell subplot, it's not fair to keep us all in the dark about it.

@Pickles group

honestly they seem to be hinting at that, or at the very least, the extreme fans are looking way too into the normal conflicts

Some of the less extreme fans are hoping for it too

Deleted user

Not a lot of fans realize it but I really don’t like the innuendos of the economy? SO much angst because of the loss of jobs cus of this pandemic plot. It’s kinda cringe and I hope the leads eventually get on to it.

Though did you hear about the possible sub-plots with Korea?

@HighPockets group

Not to mention the Russian subplots
Lots of loose ends with some other subplots, I can't believe they killed off Jeffery Epstein before we could close off that storyline.

Deleted user

A lot of superfans believe he didn’t, though, and I lowkey believe it. I should totally write a fanfic about it to see if I can tie up the loose ends

@Mojack group

It looks like they may be picking up the Epstein plotline again though, with what’s going on with Ghislaine Maxwell. But let’s see if they close off that storyline too.