forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :)
Started by @Tylerrr-M-P
tune

people_alt 232 followers

@TeamMezzo group

I fucking hate subs.
The lady who is subbing for my favorite teacher just called out my deadname and I had to explain that it's Reed. She didn't believe me until I told her my last name.

i'm so sorry reed my masculine man

Deleted user

I fucking hate subs.
The lady who is subbing for my favorite teacher just called out my deadname and I had to explain that it's Reed. She didn't believe me until I told her my last name.

i swear to god im tired of this too my friend gets called by their dead name by subs and teachers and honestly if i was ever a teacher i would ask if anyone had a preferred name before attendance because i care about what people want

lemme rant here real quick (unrelated)
i think i've fallen for someone but idk if they like me back, its my friend group custom to flirt a lot and im over here overthinking about every girl that has ever shown me a bit of kindness and wondering if they were just being nice or if they were genuinely attracted to me. i might go for it but im afraid of getting turned down plus everyone has their own opinion bout them, one of my friends cant stand them and they cant stand her, they apparently are polyamorous and have a very high body count. i care about what my friends want and i just want to please everyone because i don't ever want to be thought of as selfish. alot of people have known them since freshman year and seem to know what they are talking about. so know i overthink again about the possibilitys me dating this person might offer, i fear that my friends might
so essentially i would shoot my shot but everyone's saying don't and blocking me

@i_cast_decompose_on_myself

GIVE HIM A BUNCH OF RAINBOW FLOWERS AND SAY I LOVE YOU DAD BUT I LIKE GIRLS TOO
AND THEN IF HE'S RUDE, IGNORE THE FACT HE EXISTS AND WHEN HE QUESTIONS IT TELL HIM THAT IF HE'S GONNA BE RUDE TO YOU, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO FORGET HIM BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO SURROUND YOURSELF WITH TOXIC PEOPLE

also i believe in you @urban you got this

@RainClouds_Itachi_

heck, you guys should just,,, come to my school
like, 90% of the teachers ask if you have a preferred name at the beginning of the year that they then write on the attendance list so subs will know what to call you.

like for me, since i'm still not sure where i stand in gender at this point, i prefer my nickname since it's pretty gender neutral, and every teacher i've had so far has called me that without a problem.
some subs will call out your old name first tho, but again, like 90% of them apologize once they realize you have a preferred name written down. then they call you that the whole time so all is good.

@Cloudy_is_trying_her_best

I WASN'T EXPECTING SOMEONE TO BE EXCITED BUT Y E A A A A H ! ! !

I thought about it while getting ready to play hockey actually lol. I was like "y'know what I wonder what would happen if there was an LGBTQ+ person playing hockey?? like would they have their own locker room for the same reason girls and boys don't share one??" And then I decided to write a story about it. I've also wanted to write about a hockey playing girl for a while now(because I am a hockey playing girl myself and I just want something I can relate to and there isn't anything out there so) so I just combined the two.

@RainClouds_Itachi_

erjhbgrtn jvjnfns i stopped functioning goodbye-
but you should write it!!
it's a great idea tbh
'nd also if it's something you relate to then it might be easier for you to write so hopefully you won't stress yourself uwu
take care of yourself frien ok-

@RedTheLoveless

Eh, just a question, if you're a straight furry, are you allowed here?

If you're wondering whether or not furries are part of the community, you shall be sorely disappointed by what I'm about to say next. Furries are not inherently part of the community. It is not a gender. It is not a sexuality. It is a kink. Period.

So, with that out of the way, here's an actual, relevant question. Are you an active ally to the community?

Being straight and being a furry have no correlation with the LGBTQ+ community unless you are also an ally. So if a straight furry is all you are, then kindly leave.

Crashes in awkwardly Well, straight furries. If you were LGBTQ+ and a furry you'd be a part of the community, but it's nice to see an ally

Sorry, I'm not a furry myself but have a few friends that are LGBTQ+ and also furries and I don't want to come off rude but I don't want people thinking they're less valid–

It is a kink. Period.

Also I kind of have to disagree with this because one of my friends is ace and also a furry. She just really likes wearing a fursuit, and from what she's told me, there are a lot of other people who feel that way too? So like yeah there are kinky furries, but I don't think that being a furry is inherently a kink.

Deleted user

It is a kink. Period.

Also I kind of have to disagree with this because one of my friends is ace and also a furry. She just really likes wearing a fursuit, and from what she's told me, there are a lot of other people who feel that way too? So like yeah there are kinky furries, but I don't think that being a furry is inherently a kink.

crashes into the room in ace

um, no, furrism (or whatever it’s called) first originated as a kink, and it has evolved into a ““““gender””””” which is probably why this “straight furry” wanted to know if they count.

It is a kink. If it’s not for the person, then I’m sorry, but they do not know what a furry is.

@RainClouds_Itachi_

or we could just not worry about what each of us here are NOT
and just say no bc they're straight?
we don't have to risk invalidating or offending people that way
just leave it at a simple conclusion you know?

Deleted user

hey because I just offended someone and I never appear on this chat

I just got a girlfriend! It’s actually my ex from eighth grade, but her and I have come to terms of my asexuality. The reason I broke it off with her his because she was always so like, in your face “I wanna make out or smash” stuff. But now, in sophomore year, she’s calmed down and changed a lot. I’m pretty happy.