forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :)
Started by @Tylerrr-M-P
tune

people_alt 232 followers

@Moxie group

Um hi sorry I don't even know if anyone is on here, but I have a problem and my mom isn't here and I don't know who else to go to so I guess I just came here? So, my brain works in a really weird way, and I'm almost certainly not the only one this happens to, but whenever I watch, read, or even hear about something remotely scary, my brain kind of turns it into something terrifying and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to sleep tonight. I watched the movie Truth or Dare, which didn't seem creepy at the time, but with the sun going down, I'm starting to have anxiety/panic attacks, and I really want to cry and um idk what I'm trying to get out of this, but if anyone knows something that could help me, I would really appreciate it.

I don’t really know how to help you but would talking to someone help?

@Euric_Knight

Um hi sorry I don't even know if anyone is on here, but I have a problem and my mom isn't here and I don't know who else to go to so I guess I just came here? So, my brain works in a really weird way, and I'm almost certainly not the only one this happens to, but whenever I watch, read, or even hear about something remotely scary, my brain kind of turns it into something terrifying and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to sleep tonight. I watched the movie Truth or Dare, which didn't seem creepy at the time, but with the sun going down, I'm starting to have anxiety/panic attacks, and I really want to cry and um idk what I'm trying to get out of this, but if anyone knows something that could help me, I would really appreciate it.

um I don't know what to do uh

here's calming cat

@Simon-Says

Yes please I just don't wanna be alone. I feel a bit better because I read this article and I'm trying these tips that are supposed to help, but I really need to calm down more.

@Moxie group

Aw I love the calming cat
How’s your life rn? Want to rant about anything? Or just tell me about your day?

@Moxie group

Also if you have a nightlight or something I would recommend turning it on. There’s no shame in a night light

Deleted user

um I don't know what to do uh

here's calming cat

Cats always help. Listen, what calms you down? Maybe see if you can take your mind off it by watching something funny and relaxing. This I recommend, it's a beautiful bit of humor that's entirely appropriate to the situation. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rjMxXTCGPu8

And talk to someone about how you feel. If it's bothering you, get those feeling off your chest and chill out! We're with you!

@Simon-Says

I really wish I could watch that, I LOVE Thomas Sanders, but my computer is restricted and I can't access it. I'd really actually love to tell you about my day if you don't mind even though nothing all that special happened.

Deleted user

Go ahead and talk about it! I'd love to listen.

@Simon-Says

Ok I'm just gonna start, well we had a late start today because the seniors are testing and they needed the classrooms for that. So me, my best friend, and her boyfriend went to McDonalds for some breakfast. It was pretty fun cause we're all awkward dorks. Also we have this running joke going where they pretend they've "adopted" me and yeah so they're my "parents" and I get to sass my "dad" which is really fun cause if I sassed my real dad he'd yell at me.

@Simon-Says

Continuing, we went to Dutch Bros. because - I mean - why not? And they bought me a drink COMPLETELY against my will, although it was a kids' size drink with a fantastic cup that I'll be using through my college years. The drink was ridiculously sweet; I really prefer sour so it was kinda gross, but I drank it anyway cause free stuff, you know. Sorry if you're telling me really nice things that I'm not responding to by the way because I feel like I'm kind of being a dick (sorry for my swearing)

@Simon-Says

So then we went back to my school and I got on my computer to screw around with whatever. Since we had an hour until lunch started, my friend put on a movie, which happened to be Truth or Dare, since her brain isn't an unapologetic fucktard (again I'm really sorry for swearing, I just really hate my stupid panic attacks or whatever). It was actually a good movie (I wasn't really paying much attention at first because I was playing a game and I knew how my brain responded to horror films) and eventually I got really invested in it, and my friend got out her earbuds and let me and her boyfriend use them since she had already seen the movie. So then I was kind of forced to pay attention and since my "dad" and I were yelling at the characters the whole time, it really didn't seem that bad, but apparently I'm just really bad at judging my own tolerance levels, and so… here we are.

@Simon-Says

Anyway, the rest of my day has actually been pretty great, if unordinary. I hung out with my friend (mostly because she's failing my dad's class) after school, and then my mum came to get me and I went with her and my sister. Sorry I'm going into detail, it helps me calm down if I describe in lots of detail. We went home and I read for like an hour cause my mum was sleeping and I love reading, yes, I'm a nerd. Hey, sidetrack, idk if you love to read or not, but if you are someone who can visualize the scene while you read, like you are watching a movie, do you ever consciously think about visualizing it, and then you can't do it? It's like when you think about breathing and then you're like "wait how is breathing done again?"

@Simon-Says

Sorry for that little sidetrack, anway, I read for a while while eating some gummy bears (because i freaking love gummy bears) and when my mum woke up, I… well, I kept reading but eventually I stopped and asked if I could watch tv and she told me i had to do chores first, so I did (while listening to dear evan hansen because i am just a nerd in all ways) and then I watched Doctor Who (I swear I just keep sounding more and more nerdy) and that was pretty good. When it was my sister's turn to pick the show, she couldn't find a good episode to watch so we just watched an episode of Gravity Falls (I freaking love Gravity Falls even though I haven't finished it yet)

@Simon-Says

So then it was my sister's bed time and my mum left to go watch endgame w/ her friend and my dad went outside and now um here we are and my dad might come inside and make me turn off the computer any minute now and i have to go to bed at 9:00 but i've looked up some anti-panic-attack tips so hopefully that'll help

@HighPockets group

I fucking hate physical tics.

Same. When I was like 7, a medicine I was on had physical tics of finger twitches, especially my middle finger, which went as well as you would expect.

@Moxie group

That sounds like a pretty okay day (except the end). The beginning sounds really fun, like something out of a book
I hope the tips you found help

@Euric_Knight

Hey guys, my birthday is coming up soon and I need ideas for my birthday party cause I pretty much can't think of anything.

Deleted user

are you wanting a party somewhere or something you can do at your house

Deleted user

I fucking hate physical tics.

Same. When I was like 7, a medicine I was on had physical tics of finger twitches, especially my middle finger, which went as well as you would expect.

I have a neck tic so my neck with go to the side randomly, plus my eyes blink randomly.