forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :)
Started by @Tylerrr-M-P
tune

people_alt 232 followers

@hollow-boned

If you're using the Greek root it would definitely be octopodes, but the word octopus didn't exist in either ancient Latin or Greek so to a "native" plural is problematic. The word for the Roman/Latin and Greeks to refer to the animal was polypus/polypous. There was a very rare adjective in Greek oktapous, also incredibly rare in Latin form as octipes, but it merely meant "eight-footed" and did not refer to the creature we now call an octopus.

(shrugs) Etymology classes are fun.

Pretty much: All forms are both wrong and right.

hi i stan ur greek nerdiness i'm a slut for languages

Deleted user

If you're using the Greek root it would definitely be octopodes, but the word octopus didn't exist in either ancient Latin or Greek so to a "native" plural is problematic. The word for the Roman/Latin and Greeks to refer to the animal was polypus/polypous. There was a very rare adjective in Greek oktapous, also incredibly rare in Latin form as octipes, but it merely meant "eight-footed" and did not refer to the creature we now call an octopus.

(shrugs) Etymology classes are fun.

Pretty much: All forms are both wrong and right.

hi i stan ur greek nerdiness i'm a slut for languages

why thank you fellow language slut XD

Deleted user

I have an issue with coffee shops employing the hottest people in the world.
I got all flustered ordering my matcha latte from this adorable pixie of a girl.
AND THEN
got flustered again by the guy that made my drink because he winked at me.

Jesus Christ Kona Coffee. Why you gotta be so rude?

@actual-fandom-trash

I have an issue with coffee shops employing the hottest people in the world.
I got all flustered ordering my matcha latte from this adorable pixie of a girl.
AND THEN
got flustered again by the guy that made my drink because he winked at me.

Jesus Christ Kona Coffee. Why you gotta be so rude?

Honestly that's a whole mood. I was at Six Flags on Saturday and there were all these beautiful people there and it made me sad that I was probably never gonna see them again.