forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :)
Started by @Tylerrr-M-P
tune

people_alt 232 followers

Deleted user

Absolutely! They're very much a gift to this world!

I have a feeling you're being falsely positive.

What do you mean?

I think that you're not genuinely happy and that you're faking it.

@SaltyLasagna

I wish everybody could hear his words. He changed my life in an hour. And I won this game at the assembly so the speaker owes me twenty bucks and I get to have lunch with him and some other students

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

What do you mean?

Well I'm feeling a bit bummed out today but that's only because my phone's gonna die.

@SaltyLasagna

What do you mean?

How is saying that supposed to help anybody? Especially Shuri?

Deleted user

What do you mean?

Sorry. I'll go.

@HighPockets group

What do you mean?

And honestly, if faking being happy makes you feel happy, then fucking do it. If the false positivity leads to real positivity, then who cares?

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

I wish everybody could hear his words. He changed my life in an hour. And I won this game at the assembly so the speaker owes me twenty bucks and I get to have lunch with him and some other students

And that's cool! I always get anxious when I see a speaker, even if it's one I truly respect and admire, so I have no idea what it's like. But it sounds like something really special!

@HighPockets group

And that's cool! I always get anxious when I see a speaker, even if it's one I truly respect and admire, so I have no idea what it's like. But it sounds like something really special!

Dude saaaaaaaame.

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

What do you mean?

Sorry. I'll go.

No need to leave! You're welcome here!

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

What do you mean?

And honestly, if faking being happy makes you feel happy, then fucking do it. If the false positivity leads to real positivity, then who cares?

That is a good point! Never stop trying to be happy, always accepting if you feel down, or depressed, or anxious.

Deleted user

What do you mean?

Sorry. I'll go.

I'm gonna go. I have a feeling I may spew some other unnecessary things. So before that happens, I'm leaving.
Bye, and I'm happy that you found the speaker touching, @SaltyLasagna

@SaltyLasagna

What do you mean?

Sorry. I'll go.

No, you don't have to leave dude. I just wanted to point out that if you're trying to ask somebody if they're okay because you think they're down, that's not how you do it.

Deleted user

I feel as though calling out that we know Shuri isn't genuinely happy opens the door that we understand if he ever wasn't 'spreading positivity'. We understand that Shuri is also human and being falsely positive could also be extremely damaging.

@SaltyLasagna

I feel as though calling out that we know Shuri isn't genuinely happy opens the door that we understand if he ever wasn't 'spreading positivity'. We understand that Shuri is also human and being falsely positive could also be extremely damaging.

It's not that I don't want to check up on Shuri to make sure he's okay, it's just that they seemed kind of harsh when they said it? idk

@SaltyLasagna

I have a character whose false positivity drives her mildly insane

same, but it ends up actually helping my character in the end

@HighPockets group

It's not that I don't want to check up on Shuri to make sure he's okay, it's just that they seemed kind of harsh when they said it? idk

Yeah there's a bit of a difference between saying "Hey, you don't seem like you're doing very well rn. Is everything okay?" and saying "I think you're not happy and you're just faking it."

Deleted user

Perhaps our new friend, who is new, picked up on the false positivity as a bad thing and prefers to call it out as they see it. There is nothing wrong with that. People should be more open instead of beating around the bush.

@SaltyLasagna

I think it depends on the person. Personally, if anybody said to me "I think you're faking happiness and you don't mean what you say" I'd immediately tell them to go eat their own ass

Deleted user

But it doesnt mean they are particularly wrong, yes?

Deleted user

I'd immediately tell them to go eat their own ass

This is the greatest thing I've read today

@HighPockets group

Idk, 'Go suck a fuck' is up there too. Or maybe that was yesterday? I can't remember

@SaltyLasagna

No, it doesn't mean they're wrong. I never said they were wrong when they called out Shuri for being unhappy. I just don't think that the way they said it was particularly helpful.

@SaltyLasagna

Idk, 'Go suck a fuck' is up there too. Or maybe that was yesterday? I can't remember

lmao thanks

Deleted user

No, it doesn't mean they're wrong. I never said they were wrong when they called out Shuri for being unhappy. I just don't think that the way they said it was particularly helpful.

I must agree on the harshness. shrugs It's easier for some to be blunt.