forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :)
Started by @Tylerrr-M-P
tune

people_alt 232 followers

@m1dn1g7t_ri0ts_13

Absolutely! They're very much a gift to this world!

I have a feeling you're being falsely positive.

What do you mean?

I think that you're not genuinely happy and that you're faking it.

How is saying that supposed to help anybody? Especially Shuri?

And honestly, if faking being happy makes you feel happy, then fucking do it. If the false positivity leads to real positivity, then who cares?

Guys! Stop it! This hatred is supposed to stay in "The Chat of Rudeness". Clearly not here. And I think Shuri is an amazing person! I don't care that you guys don't think so because I'm allowed to have my opinions too. Shuri saved my life, so false positivity or not, I'm still here.

@HighPockets group

I'm going to deflate this situation by bringing up my current favorite OC!!
She's a mute immortal lesbian and she's short, snarky, and tends to pepper in many middle finger gestures with her sign language and I love her so much??

@m1dn1g7t_ri0ts_13

Perhaps our new friend, who is new, picked up on the false positivity as a bad thing and prefers to call it out as they see it. There is nothing wrong with that. People should be more open instead of beating around the bush.

Okay. Let me be real open about this too: I'm not happy that so many of you are picking on Shuri. There's a difference between talking this over in a place designed to (The Chat of Rudeness) and taking it here.

@m1dn1g7t_ri0ts_13

She's a mute immortal lesbian and she's short, snarky, and tends to pepper in many middle finger gestures with her sign language and I love her so much??

She sounds so cute! Thank you for sharing!

@HighPockets group

Also she and her gf kind of adopt one of the other characters!

@m1dn1g7t_ri0ts_13

Also she and her gf kind of adopt one of the other characters!

Awww! Such a lovable character!

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

I like her. Outstandingly quirky and unique. Having a wiry build and being an athletic martial artist is certainly an interesting aesthetic as well. Especially when you're on Mortal and have all the time in the world to learn that.
It's also cool that she's got this whole character Arc about being bound to someone who she Heitz. It's a really good character Arc.

@Cloudy_is_trying_her_best

I'm reading this book that I really didn't expect any LGBTQ+ at all and it turns out my favorite character is a lesbian. I like how it wasn't like super obvious too. Like, nothing wrong with being extra, but it's kind of annoying when every gay character in a book is like "I'm GaY!1!1! RaInBoWs AmIrItE?1!"

Idk, it's kind of cool to see an LGBT character act like a normal human sometimes. Thank you for coming to my TedTalk lol

@m1dn1g7t_ri0ts_13

I'm reading this book that I really didn't expect any LGBTQ+ at all and it turns out my favorite character is a lesbian. I like how it wasn't like super obvious too. Like, nothing wrong with being extra, but it's kind of annoying when every gay character in a book is like "I'm GaY!1!1! RaInBoWs AmIrItE?1!"

Idk, it's kind of cool to see an LGBT character act like a normal human sometimes. Thank you for coming to my TedTalk lol

Exactly my thoughts. I think some people, gay or not, are guilty of this. They make a big deal about it when it really isn't a big deal. It's not equality of people have to be so extra about it.

@RedTheLoveless

Exactly my thoughts. I think some people, gay or not, are guilty of this. They make a big deal about it when it really isn't a big deal. It's not equality of people have to be so extra about it.

This is exactly the reason why I love The Dragon Prince. They have so much representation but also just show it like it's normal; as it should be shown. They have an important dark-skinned main character, they show a same-sex couple and their child, they show a deaf war general, correct sign language. All of that. Awesome.

@thehobbit

is the Dragon Prince on netflix????

(sorry I haven't been on in a while…. good news is I have a lot of really cool things to share because I got some of the best birthday presents EVER!)

@RedTheLoveless

is the Dragon Prince on netflix????

(sorry I haven't been on in a while…. good news is I have a lot of really cool things to share because I got some of the best birthday presents EVER!)

Yes it is!!

And hey hobbit! Welcome back! Happy belated birthday!

@thehobbit

first off I got this poster, but not just any poster, i got one of the ORIGINAL MOVIE POSTERS for LOTR Return of the King. But that's not all because this poster was SIGNED
by none other than
Sean Astin aka S A M W I S E _ G A M G E E
JUST MY FAVOURITE HOBBIT OF ALL HOBBITS