forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :)
Started by @Tylerrr-M-P
tune

people_alt 232 followers

@thehobbit

MY FELLOW PEOPLES I NEED YOUR ADVICE ON COMING OUT
LIKE HOW DO YOU ACTUALLY SAY THE WORDS TO PEOPLE

(context) so I've come out to my mom but not my dad because it didnt feel like the safest choice back then but since ive gone to college our relationship has changed and it feels much safer now. ive been considering coming out to him for a while but havent done so because well as yall know it's absolutely terrifying.
so today my dad comes into my room and through a long conversation ends up telling me that next tuesday he's going to this dude's art gallery display studio something or other, and that his work largely revolves around him being asexual. he then proceeds to explain, but I say I know what asexuality is and we move on.
now im considering coming out to him next thursday because he's probably gonna bring it up and it's the absolute perfect set up and I wont have to explain to him what asexuality is……..but it's still terrifying, and IDK how to even get around to saying it.
Do I just say like "Oh that's cool, you know, considering im asexual." or just like "it's nice to see people raising visibility for people like us" "us?" "yeah, Im asexual."
or do I just bring it up and go "did I ever tell you im asexual?"
alkjfshgjbdalbfasbfaklj;kjhgkhs;kajfn
HALP

@actual-fandom-trash

Oof I don't really have any good advice. I'm sorry. Perhaps just go for it? Which I do know is utterly terrifying to do that sometimes, but it may be the best option? Maybe relate it to the gallery if it makes it easier. Whatever happens, I wish you luck with it.

@m1dn1g7t_ri0ts_13

I'm sorry to say that I don't have good advice. I have came out to my parents, but it didn't go well. Clearly I messed up. I hope it goes much better for you.

@Cloudy_is_trying_her_best

I just wrote "In your face! Your daughter's ace!" on an index card and left it in the bathroom for my mom to find. I think that it'd be good to just do it and get it over with, but that's just my opinion and it could easily backfire. Sorry that I don't have any better advice for you…

@The-Magician group

When I came out to my mum as Bisexual, I sat her down and told her calmly. I was shaking, thinking she was going to have a hissy fit. All she said was "Ok."
When I told them I thought I was trans, that's when things kicked off and it all went downhill.
They leave me alone when it comes to that stuff, so I'm quite comfortable being the Bi Genderfluid bean that I am.
That probably doesn't help and I'm sorry for that

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

What I did, was I started to bring up the subject of the LGBTQ+ community, with some people I kniw, told them I was an ally, and asked if they knew the various sexualities/genders…
Then I kind of told them that I wasn't so much an ally as I was a part of tge community.

@m1dn1g7t_ri0ts_13

What I did, was I started to bring up the subject of the LGBTQ+ community, with some people I kniw, told them I was an ally, and asked if they knew the various sexualities/genders…
Then I kind of told them that I wasn't so much an ally as I was a part of tge community.

That's a smart idea.

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

That's a smart idea.

I um… Sammy gave it to me…

@m1dn1g7t_ri0ts_13

That's a smart idea.

I um… Sammy gave it to me…

Oh.

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

I can't wait to get home so I can watch more of The Dragon Prince!

I'm going to try watching it at some point.

You should. It's gonna be one of the classics, like AtLA!

@primaldesire

Hello, man, how are you, mate?

I feel like I should be stressed from homework, but I'm surprisingly not.

@primaldesire

Well, I'm very Overjoyed that you're not.

How has your day been?

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

Well, I'm very Overjoyed that you're not.

How has your day been?

Pretty good!