forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :)
Started by @Tylerrr-M-P
tune

people_alt 232 followers

@m1dn1g7t_ri0ts_13

Hi guys. Just want to introduce myself to the people who joined while I was gone.
Hello, I'm Tyler. I'm a bisexual dude. He/him, please.
I believe I created this chat? Anywhom, I'm so glad to be back. Love y'all. :)

Hello! You sound awesome! Thank you for creating this wonderful chat! Bi, female.

@Tylerrr-M-P

y'all seem so cool! i'm so happy to be here. genuinely, it's been ages, and i'm so glad to see people using my chat to connect with other LGBT folk.

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

y'all seem so cool! i'm so happy to be here. genuinely, it's been ages, and i'm so glad to see people using my chat to connect with other LGBT folk.

Hey, likewise man. You seem like a good guy with good intentions. Especially after creating this chat.

@Tylerrr-M-P

Hey, likewise man. You seem like a good guy with good intentions. Especially after creating this chat.

so do you! i tend to be generally positive. i'm a buddhist.

@m1dn1g7t_ri0ts_13

I'm glad that you're here! Welcome back!

@m1dn1g7t_ri0ts_13

Cool!

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

Interesting fact. It's good that you are generally positive. I always wondered who the person was who created this chat. And I'm glad you've returned.

Deleted user

Really? How interesting!
Now I'm super curious because we hear of the other religions views on sexuality all the time, but what about Buddhism? Does it have a stance or no? I have some knowledge of the religion but not enough to really take a gander on the subject.

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

Hello. It's a pleasure to meet you. Most people on here call me Shuri. Omnisexual male, he/him.

Question: what is omnisexual?

It means I like everybody. People of all genders. It's basically like pansexual only I do find different things desirable in different genders, and I'm not as people like to call it 'gender-blind'. Look it up.

Deleted user

Hello. It's a pleasure to meet you. Most people on here call me Shuri. Omnisexual male, he/him.

Question: what is omnisexual?

pansexuality

@Tylerrr-M-P

Really? How interesting!
Now I'm super curious because we hear of the other religions views on sexuality all the time, but what about Buddhism? Does it have a stance or no? I have some knowledge of the religion but not enough to really take a gander on the subject.

honestly, i'm new-ish to Buddhism, so i'm still learning a lot. but there's not much on it with Theravada (traditional) or Zen Buddhism (i'm still figuring out which one i fit to). Siddhartha Gautama never said much about it. however, Buddhist monks and nuns are not allowed sexual relations, but that applies to any gender. regarding Tibetan Buddhism, the Dalai Lama has condemned violence towards LGBT people but also sees lesbian/gay sex as sexual misconduct from 'a Buddhist point of view'. I do not follow Tibetan Buddhism. however, most Buddhist-majority countries do not allow gay marriage but being LGBT is not illegal. i believe that is more to do with the culture of the country. i guess the only Buddhist-majority country that doesn't fit this is Thailand, which is considered an LGBT hotspot (especially Bangkok) and a home of 'ladyboys' (drag queens and/or trans women, I hate the word though).
anything else you want to know?

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

That's a lot of interesting facts man. I'm really actually kind of fascinated with all of that. I once had a Buddhist friend when I was younger, and she kind of told me a little bit about that, but I didn't really know much about the religion. Anyway that seems cool. That you know I love that I mean. Sincerely, thank you for sharing.

@Tylerrr-M-P

you're welcome! also would like to say that i've been to Thailand twice and although i haven't seen much of the LGBT scene, it seems pretty accepting (with younger generations). i saw some drag queens, and one of them tried to show me their tit for money. it was an experience.

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

you're welcome! also would like to say that i've been to Thailand twice and although i haven't seen much of the LGBT scene, it seems pretty accepting (with younger generations). i saw some drag queens, and one of them tried to show me their tit for money. it was an experience.

Sounds like an interesting Adventure. That's a good thing that they are becoming more accepting with a younger generations and everything. I'd honestly be fascinated to learn about Thailand. I bet it's a cool place. How's the wildlife, and all the scenery?

Deleted user

Really? How interesting!

honestly, i'm new-ish to Buddhism, so i'm still learning a lot. but there's not much on it with Theravada (traditional) or Zen Buddhism (i'm still figuring out which one i fit to). Siddhartha Gautama never said much about it. however, Buddhist monks and nuns are not allowed sexual relations, but that applies to any gender. regarding Tibetan Buddhism, the Dalai Lama has condemned violence towards LGBT people but also sees lesbian/gay sex as sexual misconduct from 'a Buddhist point of view'. I do not follow Tibetan Buddhism. however, most Buddhist-majority countries do not allow gay marriage but being LGBT is not illegal. i believe that is more to do with the culture of the country. i guess the only Buddhist-majority country that doesn't fit this is Thailand, which is considered an LGBT hotspot (especially Bangkok) and a home of 'ladyboys' (drag queens and/or trans women, I hate the word though).
anything else you want to know?

Interesting! The religion itself doesn't say anything for or against but the culture surrounding does, and that goes either way depending on which Buddhist country you may be in at the time. That's all really neat, actually. I only ask because I read Siddhartha some years ago while studying chakra and the origins of reiki and never found a mention of it in any religious works so I thought someone actually within the religion may have more answers. :) Thank you! As a Druid, we like to have all kinda of odd knowledge so don't mind me.

@Tylerrr-M-P

Sounds like an interesting Adventure. That's a good thing that they are becoming more accepting with a younger generations and everything. I'd honestly be fascinated to learn about Thailand. I bet it's a cool place. How's the wildlife, and all the scenery?

it's absolutely stunning, i'm glad you asked! when i went last summer, we spent two nights in Bangkok, three in Chiang Mai, and eight in Hua Hin. if you're looking for nature, then Chiang Mai really is the place.
it's an hour on the plane from Bangkok, up in Northern Thailand (so no beaches there, Hua Hin's the place for that). you can go on a tour up a mountain to visit the local villages/tribes that actually speak a different language to Thai, and then reach the highest point in Thailand. the forests are endless, thick, and beautiful. when i went the first time we did go to see elephants, however i wouldn't recommend this as any elephant sanctuaries that offer rides usually mistreat and sometimes drug the elephants. same goes for most tiger sanctuaries, and if you are allowed to take photos with the tigers then they are definitely unsafe and mistreat/drug the tigers. but the animals there are so diverse and beautiful. and don't even get me started on the stunning beaches at Hua Hin.

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

it's absolutely stunning, i'm glad you asked! when i went last summer, we spent two nights in Bangkok, three in Chiang Mai, and eight in Hua Hin. if you're looking for nature, then Chiang Mai really is the place.
it's an hour on the plane from Bangkok, up in Northern Thailand (so no beaches there, Hua Hin's the place for that). you can go on a tour up a mountain to visit the local villages/tribes that actually speak a different language to Thai, and then reach the highest point in Thailand. the forests are endless, thick, and beautiful. when i went the first time we did go to see elephants, however i wouldn't recommend this as any elephant sanctuaries that offer rides usually mistreat and sometimes drug the elephants. same goes for most tiger sanctuaries, and if you are allowed to take photos with the tigers then they are definitely unsafe and mistreat/drug the tigers. but the animals there are so diverse and beautiful. and don't even get me started on the stunning beaches at Hua Hin.

Hey, you know it seems like it's an amazing place to visit. I honestly think the wildlife, forests, beaches, and all the other cool environments seemed like a blast, and I bet the biodiversity over there it's off the charts being where it isn't all. It sounds like it's easy to travel to and from certain places as well, and it just sounds like an all-around fun place to visit. Also the city is, I haven't seen Bangkok but I've heard a lot about it. And I'm sure it's an amazing place as well. Especially with the LGBT thing and all. Thanks for telling me. I like to be knowledgeable about these kinds of things.

@primaldesire

Uuuuuuuuh, hi. I'm Alex. I'm a genderfluid pansexual. Just looking for someone to talk to lol.