forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :)
Started by @Tylerrr-M-P
tune

people_alt 232 followers

@thehobbit

i'm Aromantic and Asexual and sadly can't relate.
but like I can recommend that you measure your year in love! Platonic love, Familial love, and Romantic love are all equal kinds of love to measure your year in. you can split your year into seasons of love…. if you're not measuring it in 525,600 minutes, in daylight, in sunsets, in midnights or cups of coffee.
sorry I woke up with Seasons of Love stuck in my head… I couldn't resist
also i'm super excited to go to my school's LGBT+ club tonight!!!!

@thehobbit

Yes, RENT!!!
I HAVE HAD SEASONS OF LOVE STUCK IN MY HEAD ALL DAY AND IT'S SO PRETTY AND IM JUST ASLKDFHSKADLFJBVSDJFNVBDOFSHBSDFHJBIBSRGFHLBAJSHBGFSP

@thehobbit

I DONT HAVE A TV AT MY DORM SO I MISSED IT AND IT'S SAD!!!!! BUT IM TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO SEE IT EITHER AS A MOVIE OR THAT LIVE VERSION BECAUSE THE MUSIC IS SOOOOOO GOOD

@thehobbit

IT'S ON NETFLIX?!?!?!?!! OH MY GOSH I KNOW WHAT IM DOING WITH MY FREE TIME NEXT WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!
im trying to watch a new movie/ show/ musical every weekend

@thehobbit

I went to club and it was good and I learned a lot about my school's policy on LGBT+ issues and stuff and what to do if my experience in Bible class doesn't go well.
but guys I dont think I actually told you how freakin cool it feels to know that I know another person irl who is Ace.
Going to the club for the first time last week was an overwhelmingly amazing experience with lots of good stuff that happened. I was so busy trying to tell you all everything that I didnt talk about the best part as much as I wanted to.
I can confidently say that the single moment where I went from 'nervous person hiding in the back corner' to 'these are my people and I belong here' was the moment where we went around the room introducing ourselves. The third person to introduce themselves openly and proudly said that they are Asexual and I cannot easily explain to you what i felt in that moment. I can tell you that my jaw probably dropped, that I sat up in my seat and that I probably had a huge dopey looking smile on my face.
internally I heard the person say the word Asexual and my brain…… okay if my brain was going 100 mph before that because of nerves, my brain was now going 10000 mph. My only thoughts that were coherent enough to form into words was !!!OHMYGOSHYOU'REACE!!!IMACETOO!!THERE'SSOMEONEHEREWHOGETSIT!!!IMNOTALONE!!ITSNOTJUSTME!!!THEYKNOWWHATASEXUALITYIS!!OHMYGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and then the rest of my brain was just in the background screaming in happiness and excitement.

I was on cloud 9. I was so ridiculously happy. that was the first time I actually met an Ace person after coming out as Ace and I felt so happy I could cry. like the full understanding that it's not just me and some other 200 people on the internet that experience this, which I knew in theory, but it felt like it was just me. but then there's an actual person sitting right there in front of me who is like me and is proud about that. and gosh if it wasn't amazing.
having that realisation was so validating and made me so happy. all of the sudden I wasn't alone. All of the sudden it felt so much more real. all of a sudden I felt so proud to be Asexual! that euphoric feeling lasted the whole next day and into thursday. Even just thinking about it brings the feeling back.

tldr: guys it's so crazy cool and encouraging and validating to meet another Asexual person and it makes me feel so much less alone.

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

Hey, I totally understand what you mean, I've never like, gone to one of those LGBTQ+, but I can definitely understand words like to meet someone who you identify with so greatly. Totally get it. And I'm so beyond ecstatic and proud, and happy for you that you had fun, and you had someone who you could associate with and treasure. It means so much.

@Moxie group

That’s so cool! I’m glad you got to experience that and I’m so happy for you dude! I’m glad you found an irl support system. Are you feeling less nervous about your bible class now?

@thehobbit

yes I am feeling less nervous about Bible class….. at least in knowing that I have people that I cant talk to who will understand. considering that we're talking about sexuality TOMORROW im not currently feeling less anxious about it but it does definitely help to know that they are there.

@Overdoneyanoveltropeyesplease

I will likely need to sleep at around 4 or 5 and that’s not gonna work for me bc I have to get up then. So we’ll see what happens. I’ll probably stay up and do all the things I was gonna do today before I fell asleep and stayed that way.